How long were you with your DH b4 engagement?

Proposed after 4 years, been married 2 weeks and a day. :love:
ETA: we were engaged for 3 years.

ETA: Whoops! I see I already answered 2 years ago! :giggle:

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Last edited:
Can someone explain how you planned at wedding in less than nine months? I am thinking I will need at least 9 months.

Multiple responses welcomed!! :grin:

Engaged after 6 months, married 6 months later (original wedding date was 3 months after the engagement but we decided to postpone to give us more time to prepare).

He proposed on our 7 year anniversary. I met him my freshman year at age 18. We got married 9 months later. We were planning for the wedding to be on our 8 year anniversary, but too much was going on and ended up having it sooner while I was on Spring Break in Grad School.

Not married yet but together for a year and a half before engagement. He sat on my ring for 4 months! I almost died when I heard that!:lachen:

The engagement will probably be a little over a year.

Can someone explain how you planned at wedding in less than nine months? I am thinking I will need at least 9 months.

I'm planning my wedding now and I see that if you know exactly what you want your day to be and you can pay for it, it doesn't take long to plan a wedding at all.

My biggest problem is finding a venue that we both agree on and then once we do, seeing what kind of availability they have. Venues book up way in advance.

I'm planning my wedding now and I see that if you know exactly what you want your day to be and you can pay for it, it doesn't take long to plan a wedding at all.

My biggest problem is finding a venue that we both agree on and then once we do, seeing what kind of availability they have. Venues book up way in advance.
delitefulmane and MizAvalon It is definitely possible to plan a wedding in less than nine months. :yep: I planned mine in 3 1/2 weeks and it was a success, but the key was all the (free) help I got from friends and family. I was stressed out but only for a short amount of time.

eta: so many typos!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...excuse the typos

Last edited:
Two months maybe less. Married at 4 months later. We dated briefly like 5 years ago...so we sort of knew each other. He definitely knew he wanted to be married and to me. I just knew he checked all my boxes and then some. So for me it was a pretty safe bet.

Not to say this will work for everyone because it won't, I guess after you've been with enough H*ll NOs you know when you find a Oh H*ll YES:grin:

I probably have the shortest time! LOL!

First date 5/1/2004
Engaged 5/4/2004!
Married 12/18/2004

And still happy and in love!

Yes 3 days after our first date he said "I'm not trying to waste your time! Can I court you to marry you? I don't want to spend another day without you! Will you marry me?" Why did my mouth say yes? LOL! He also said that if I didn't want to after spending time with him that he would let me go. Well we been together ever since! We were friends for a few months before our first date but all we did was occasionally talk on the phone or email.

I love our love story and will be telling it to our future kids and grandkids!

First date 5/1/2004
Engaged 5/4/2004!
Married 12/18/2004

Yes 3 days after our first date he said "I'm not trying to waste your time! Can I court you to marry you? I don't want to spend another day without you! Will you marry me?" Why did my mouth say yes? LOL! He also said that if I didn't want to after spending time with him that he would let me go. Well we been together ever since! We were friends for a few months before our first date but all we did was occasionally talk on the phone or email.

How romantic! Especially the fact that you are still together and in love!

First date 5/1/2004
Engaged 5/4/2004!
Married 12/18/2004

WOW!! That is a totally awesome engagement story! Did you two already know each other before the first date? Were you arranged by your families?

WOW!! That is a totally awesome engagement story! Did you two already know each other before the first date? Were you arranged by your families?

We were not arranged by our parents but by God! I know it may sound corny but God truly put us together. We have so much in common, compatible and great chemistry. He joined the church I was attending in November prior to our first date. I was so in to my relationship with God that I really didn't notice him at much at first. All the single church girls were all over him at first. LOL! Fresh meat. He said he watched the way I worshipped, how I loved others and how I prayed and he was in love! He was sprung at first sight and I barely noticed him. LOL! Sorry I am really laughing out loud, we are both corny and goofy but hey we have each other.

DH proposed I month after we started dating and 6 months with the actual ring. Lets just say I haven't felt the need to upgrade my ring in 11 years of marriage. We had a 1 year engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
I'd like to know the ages of the couple. As someone else pointed out some time ago, the speed towards marriage is influenced by the age of the people and the desire to have a child...

He proposed after 9 months. i didnt play either.. wasnt gonna be no long engagement. soon as he put that ring on my finger the house was filled with wedding mags the next day :lol: date was set within the week for that next june. I was 25 he was 30.

I planned one within 8 months. found the venue first and booked immediately. Thats the main main main thing. as long as the venue u want is available everything else good. but u have to book it quick, cant wait to long to decide.

following the same exact plans for my next wedding :lol:

Back