How Far Away Are YOU From Your Goal...

How Many Inches Are You From Your Next Length Goal?

• less than .05! Almost there!

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 1- 1 1/2 inches

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 1-2inches

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • 3 or more....I've got a long way...

Votes: 328 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supermodelsonya

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now?
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?
3. What are you doing to get there?
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now? My hair is currently at the middle of my neck. I cut off 2 1/2 inches in the past couple of months
2. How many inches are you from your goal? well my goal is SL ,so maybe 5 or 6 inches.
3. What are you doing to get there? Eat right, drink water, DC weekly, keep my hair from drying out, and not letting anyone but myself relax my hair. I had a lot of setbacks when stylist did it
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I'm giving myself the end of 2010 to get to SL. This year I'm focusing on growing my sides back.

I cowashed last night. I took a strand and stretched it to check my length and I thought this is going to take years. I had better get ready for a long haul.

SL
I think about 3 to APL. I havent measured.
Cleanse, Condition, Care
Until I get there. No time limit.

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now? Sorry I have Hair Anorexia, So check my fotki; otherwise I will say my hair is a little past neck length

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Well I would say under or about 1 inch!

3. What are you doing to get there? Looking like aunt jemima at the moment; trying to use Megatek for help to reach my goal; started that almost a month ago

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? MAY 9, 2009

Wish me LUCK!
And I wish everybody else luck

I'm a couple inches past APL. My first goal is MBL, so I have about 3-41/2 inches to get there. I haven't measured though.

I'm just taking care of my hair to get there. Conditioning, moisturizing, etc.....

I'm giving myself to September to reach that goal. Then on to waist length!!!!

Last edited:

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? My hair is in between my shoulders and armpits at this time.
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1 to 2 inches (apl)
3. What are you doing to get there? Keeping it simple, washing once per week, dc everytime with heat and not wearing my hair down a lot.
June and if it is not there I will shave it off.

My longest layer is apl... :yay:
about 5"
Protective styling and cowashing.
My ultimate goal is waist length unstreched hair. My orginal deadline was 12/12 but seeing how my longest layer streched is APL but is only neck length unstreched I think I need to add a few more years to that date...:nono:

1. How long is your hair now? Back to BSL again.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? My next goal is mid-back length. Not sure, but I'd say about 6 inches to go. I have a long torso.

3. What are you doing to get there? Staying consistent, keeping manipulation low. Once a week: prepoo, DC with heat.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? At first, I wanted to get to MBL by December 2009. But my postpartum shedding will probably force me to keep my trimming up and aggressive, to combat the destruction of my ends. So I am thinking, maybe Spring, 2010 or Summer 2010 at the latest.

1. How long is your hair now? APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3-5
3. What are you doing to get there? Verry little. I am K.I.S.S.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Dec 2010

Full blunt APL
3 to 4 inches
Deep Conditioning, taking good care of my ends, etc.
Not putting pressure on the hair, i guess it will grow when it wants to.

1. How long is your hair now? 25" stretched when damp
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 2" to midback stretched when damp
3. What are you doing to get there? daily co-washing, daily leave-in conditioner, daily french twist, weekly shampoo and deep conditioning, good nutrition and exercising often
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 4 months

Last edited:

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? Different lengths all over but the back is MBL.
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 5 inches from WL.
3. What are you doing to get there? Keeping my hair in box twists (braided @ at the roots and the rest twisted), DC-ing and moisturizing. K.I.S.S.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? End of the year up to February 2010.

1. How long is your hair now? Sorry I have Hair Anorexia, So check my fotki; otherwise I will say my hair is a little past neck length

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Well I would say under or about 1 inch!

3. What are you doing to get there? Looking like aunt jemima at the moment; trying to use Megatek for help to reach my goal; started that almost a month ago

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? MAY 9, 2009

Wish me LUCK!
And I wish everybody else luck

Hey JJamiah! I would say you are way past NL LOL. You are between SL and APL. Looks like 2-3 inches to APL. Your hair is such a nice length! Looks very healthy too. With Megatek, you'll be at BSL soon!

i am a few inches (2-3 inches) away from my first goal of SL. now i got a long way to go for apl.
keeping it simple by wash and twisting once a week.

Shoulder
1 foot
taking Pantothenic Acid and Cysteine
1.5 years

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now?-Neck length stretched
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?- To many
3. What are you doing to get there?-Listening to my hair and giving it what it wants.
- Until i see my first gray coil.

It is many different lengths. The longest is shoulder. The shortest is almost lip length.

Umm... In the back, I am about 4-5 inches from APL. In the front, I am about 9 inches from APL.

Scalp massages, baggying, DC'ing, keeping my hair covered.

I hope to be there this time next year. My goal is to grow and retain 9 inches of length all they around. I will be APL in the front and BSL in the back.

Hey JJamiah! I would say you are way past NL LOL. You are between SL and APL. Looks like 2-3 inches to APL. Your hair is such a nice length! Looks very healthy too. With Megatek, you'll be at BSL soon!

Thanks, It just never looks like it grows to me, thank goodness for pics, but even then if you look at them often, it's like your eyes are like nope, it's weird. I am starting the gym this week, I see fat and the instructor was like your not over weight, I am like yeah I am, I see a fat girl in the mirror. I think he was concerned for me so I quickly said, I don't binge thanks, I just would like to not look like this. I couldn't commit at this moment to Wii Fit, so I will go to the gym and commit. for about 6 months. Hey, the exercise should be good for my hair. LOL!

1. How long is your hair now? Somewhere around mid back length and a long way from waist length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 4-5? Maybe less but I am not sure. Won't measure anything again until June or July
3. What are you doing to get there? Low to no manipulation, conditioning, moisture (either cowashing or daily spritzing), oils and protective styling
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I would like for it to be the end of this year, but whenever my hair decides to reach that goal that is when it will be reached :perplexed I am at the mercy of my hair growth rate.

1. How long is your hair now? The longest part of my hair is APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I'm not sure but I would say about 6 to 7 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? weekly DC, protective styling with twists, trying to eat healthy4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 2011 (my hair seems to grow slow)

1. How long is your hair now? almost SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? alot.. I have a long torso
3. What are you doing to get there? low manipulation, KISS, moisture/protein balance
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? June 2013 to get to MBL stretched

1. How long is your hair now?Almost BSL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?bout half an inch
3. What are you doing to get there? DC every sunday co-washing keeping my hair extra moisturized and wearing it in buns!
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Till May

Hi, I am trying to be more involved with my hair care & document my growth.

It is SL, still not full SL :nono:

I am 3-4 inches from my next goal; APL

I am trying to continue to do protective styles, frequent co-washing & up my nutrition & exercise

I would like to be APL by the end of July, but I am giving myself to the beginning of September.

Hey I haven't done one...

How long is your hair now? SL but not Full SL

How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3-4 to APL

What are you doing to get there? DC 1x week, Biotin 3000mcg, MT/Bee Mine mix daily! Protein treatments...weekly!!!!!! Bunning, half wigs, phony ponies and if some money drops from the sky, sew ins!

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? APL in June 2009 or die!

Last edited:
Between SL and APL

2. How many inches are your from your next length goal?
2-3 " to reach 1st goal of APL

Simple weekly regimen, no direct heat and protective styling.

Aug/Sept

1. How long is your hair now? The back is mid back, the sides are BSL and the front is APL or a little longer so I got it all going on :lol:
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I am about 1 inch away from WL in the back.
3. What are you doing to get there? Nothing special, I bun all the time and just being patient.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Well my goal is to be Full WL all the way around or at least the front to be BSL and the rest WL so this will probably take at least til the end of this year or longer.

Back