HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

allmundjoi

I'm glad you went ahead and posted your Research/Facts/Findings/Opinion.

We are all here to learn and we don't want to be doing something that's not beneficial to our Healthy Hair Goals.

Oh, no problem. :) My hesiatation arose more from the thought that folks (including me) get set in their ways. To suggest a deviation from routine or the accepted is often times not appreciated. I also posted earlier, either here or in the Ceramides Challenge, that a previous post of oils (~20) and their proposed ceramide content was really the linoleic acid content-I was already feeling like a Debbie Downer. And there haven't been any great answers I've found in researching the oils w/regard to heating, ceramide content, etc. I tend to err on the cautious side-my (our) hair is a prescious posession I have invested an immense amount of time in and these products are not cheap. :)

Sent from my DROIDX

Dampen my braids with Rose water,used Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk,lightly oiled scalp with Ayurvedic mix,Sealed with Rice bran.....JBCO on edges...

*Hair is Nice, Soft & Smooth..

Happy Hair Growing!

Oil rinse with coconut/almond oil infused with maka, brahmi and hibiscus powders. Detangle with shower comb and conditioner. Final rinse with hair shine (1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon acv, 1 tablespoon honey in 2 liter water). Wrap hair with towel to absorb excess water. Apply small amount of coconut/almond oil on edges and ends. Distribute eco custard through hair with denman brush, braid, air dry.

Prepooed with EVOO and massaged scalp with JBCO meant to cowash and DC today but ended up moisturizing my hair and sealing with my oil mix.

I've been rocking straight hair since Thursday. I'm sealing twice a day with grapeseed oil.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just finished my twists (KCKT, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier) after I did my second cowash w/Aussie 2 min. Oiled scalp w/castor/emu oil mix. Sealed ends w/wheat germ oil.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

Man, I tell yall it's been soooo hard to keep up my reggie here in Korea, too much to do on the weekends. I'm always busy doing somethin on Friday and Sat that I haven't really done a thorough deep condition or ayurvedic paste in about a month. :ohwell: The good news is my hair seems to be prospering from the low manipulation..lol!!

So tonight I cowashed with AO White Camelia I love this conditioner it smooths my hair down so good and moisturizes it very well and then I sealed in the moisture with some Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease. I just realized my hair loves this grease, it makes my hair pliable and ends super soft. I was reading this article by Curly Nikki and it discussed that for some mineral oil is best suited for sealing and that if you don't seal properly you might as well not moisturize. She also said some plant based oils aren't good for sealing for some textures as well. So I got to thinking how lighter oils just aren't working for me for sealing and my hair seems to like heavy things for sealing so I brought some Blue magic. For awhile I was using vaseline and it didn't really make my hair soft just sticky and oily, but I find that blue magic soaks in my hair over the course of the day. Guess my hair just needed somethin heavier. Can't believe I was sleeping on Blue Magic, it's so weird cuz it seems like the simplier my reggie is the more retention I see.

I haven't been posting because I'm just doing the same thing over and over again. I am thankful for this thread though for helping me find ways to incorporate oils into my regimen. I always thought my hair didn't like oils.

@An_gell Nice Post Angel! Keep us Posted on your Korean Regi. Sounds like you are staying on top of your Regimen.:yep:

@FoxxyLocs

Just Be Consistent and Stop in and Let Us know what/how you're doing.

I also basically do the same Moisturize/Seal Routine (twice a day), but posting helps keep me accountable and helps me get through all the Oils I want to use up. So, keep posting.:grin:

I used my oil blend for a scalp massage before my cleansing routine. I found CDs Lisas hair elixir in my moms stash and used it in my prepoo. Before dcing applied it to my hair. I smelled like a medicine cabinet when i rinsed it out. After I read the bottle I was supposed to use it for a hot for 3 to 5 minutes :blush:

Been applying my leavein with my oil blend 1x to 2x daily. I did a scalp massage with my oil blend today. My scalp was tender on Friday but it has felt good yesterday and today. No sign of dryness, tightness or burning. I am pleased.

Will use Lisas Elixir properly this weekend for a hot:lol:

I used my oil blend for a scalp massage before my cleansing routine. I found CDs Lisas hair elixir in my moms stash and used it in my prepoo. Before dcing applied it to my hair. I smelled like a medicine cabinet when i rinsed it out. After I read the bottle I was supposed to use it for a hot for 3 to 5 minutes :blush:

Will use Lisas Elixir properly this weekend for a hot:lol:

:blush:.....:nono:......:giggle:

My hair is so juicy, my coworker keeps teasing me about having a "curl". I told her I've never had one of those, EVER!! :laugh: I did the "greenhouse" treatment and wrapped my hair in saran wrap covered with a stocking cap over night. It left it moisturized so I am doing the same thing again tonight. I will do it every other night until I wash again.

@An_gell Nice Post Angel! Keep us Posted on your Korean Regi. Sounds like you are staying on top of your Regimen.:yep:

@FoxxyLocs

Just Be Consistent and Stop in and Let Us know what/how you're doing.

I also basically do the same Moisturize/Seal Routine (twice a day), but posting helps keep me accountable and helps me get through all the Oils I want to use up. So, keep posting.:grin:

@ IDareT'sHair, I will definitely do that. This thread is helping me so much to keep up the oil rinsing as much as possible.

Man, I tell yall it's been soooo hard to keep up my reggie here in Korea, too much to do on the weekends. I'm always busy doing somethin on Friday and Sat that I haven't really done a thorough deep condition or ayurvedic paste in about a month. :ohwell: The good news is my hair seems to be prospering from the low manipulation..lol!!

So tonight I cowashed with AO White Camelia I love this conditioner it smooths my hair down so good and moisturizes it very well and then I sealed in the moisture with some Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease. I just realized my hair loves this grease, it makes my hair pliable and ends super soft. I was reading this article by Curly Nikki and it discussed that for some mineral oil is best suited for sealing and that if you don't seal properly you might as well not moisturize. She also said some plant based oils aren't good for sealing for some textures as well. So I got to thinking how lighter oils just aren't working for me for sealing and my hair seems to like heavy things for sealing so I brought some Blue magic. For awhile I was using vaseline and it didn't really make my hair soft just sticky and oily, but I find that blue magic soaks in my hair over the course of the day. Guess my hair just needed somethin heavier. Can't believe I was sleeping on Blue Magic, it's so weird cuz it seems like the simplier my reggie is the more retention I see.

I remember blue magic. :lol: Thanks for this post. I haven't figured out the key to moisturizing and sealing yet for my hair so I am still playing around with some things. I had stopped sealing because it wasn't doing anything but making my hair greasy. Not sure yet whether my hair likes the light, the heavy or the light followed by the heavy. But after my experimentation I wil definitely try to remember Blue Magic if I find my hair likes heavier stuff. :yep:

faithVA Enjoyed your Post about the CD Lisa's Hair Exlir. I used this up during our 1st Challenge.

I loved how it worked as a Hot Oil Treatment. It was very soothing and stimulating.:lick:

prettyhair73 Good Post re: Greenhouse Effect. I've been doing this under my Wig on wash day. Apply Oil(s), Plastic Caps, Du-rag & Wig.:grin:

Oiled hair with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil and covered with plastic cap. Saturated oiled hair with conditioner and covered with plastic cap. My hair and scalp feels good marinating under oils and conditioner.

I came in from the pouring rain, moisturized with BFH Mango Avocado leave in and sealed with my Ceramide mix (hemp, rice bran, walnut, safflower, and jbco).

Back