HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Still using my delicious Shea mix with all the other oil added including a new dose of Apricot Kernel and some more avocado and a few drops of Sage. Oiled my scalp hair and ends.

well, last night i literally poured oil on (evoo evco) and left it bagged overnight.

today, i put ao gpb i put on top of the oil and will rinse that out then m&s.

Lita, i didn't think you could even have any "problem areas"....not with all THAT gorgeous hair!

thank you for your honesty!

well, last night i literally poured oil on (evoo evco) and left it bagged overnight.

Lita, i didn't think you could even have any "problem areas"....not with all THAT gorgeous hair!

grow Hi! At times,My hair just acts a little crazy...So I have to really work with it..lol...
Thank you for the compliment....

How is your hair doing?

Happy Hair Growing!

Took my braids out & finger combed/Lightly oiled my scalp in certain areas with Heavenly Ayurvedic Hair Oil/Re-braid (10 braids)/Back in 2 big twist/Sealed damp ends with Walnut oil....

Happy Hair Growing!

Did an oil rinse tonight with Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair oil. My hair really loves this oil just wish it came in a larger bottle. I sealed in the moisture with flax hair cream and lightly went over that with some oyin burnt sugar and tied down with my scarf. I plan on doing my weekly hair regime tomorrow night.

Question: When I do a prepoo with EVOO, I use about 1/3 cup of oil. After sitting for about 15 mins or so, the oil starts dripping down my neck, am I using too much? Or do others have this same thing happen to them?

Question: When I do a prepoo with EVOO, I use about 1/3 cup of oil. After sitting for about 15 mins or so, the oil starts dripping down my neck, am I using too much? Or do others have this same thing happen to them?

Not sure how long or thick you hair is. I am natural, dense, SL and 1/4 cup of oil is more than enough.

Try 1/4 of a cup and then add more if you need it.

TruMe To pre poo,you can use an applicator bottle...To oil my scalp,I put some in a cap & dip my fingers in,and apply it directly to my scalp...No drips on cloths....

Happy Hair Growing!

faithVA

My hair definitely not thick at all, 90% natural and coming up on APL. I think I tried 1/4 cup before and felt that it just wasn't enough but I think I don't really know what enough is. I will try it again and pay more attention to the after results than how it is feeling at the time of application. Thanks!!

Lita

I don't really put the oil on my scalp because I fear an itchy scalp for the next couple of days. I really apply the oil on my hair only to try and control my porosity issue and help with frizz and detangling. Maybe I will try it anyway just to see if I am being scared for no reason. Thanks!!

@Lita, i didn't think you could even have any "problem areas"....not with all THAT gorgeous hair!

@grow @Lita

Grow:yep: Gurl.....I was thinkin' the exact same thing.:lol:

@grow Hi! At times,My hair just acts a little crazy...So I have to really work with it..lol...
Thank you for the compliment....Happy Hair Growing!

Just Beautiful.:yep:

Evening Hair Hotties!:grin:

Just Moisturized & Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals. I'm Hendigo'ing tomorrow.

I will add a Splash of Burdock Root & Ceramide Oil into my Henna.

Oiled with cocasta, not because I really needed to...simply because it smells and feels so good. The smell actually entices me to oil more than I would normally.

Had sweet almond oil in my hair most of the day and almost forgot I needed to rinse it out :nono:. Just rinsed and cowashed about 30 minutes ago. Airdrying right now.

faithVA

My hair definitely not thick at all, 90% natural and coming up on APL. I think I tried 1/4 cup before and felt that it just wasn't enough but I think I don't really know what enough is. I will try it again and pay more attention to the after results than how it is feeling at the time of application. Thanks!!

Lita

I don't really put the oil on my scalp because I fear an itchy scalp for the next couple of days. I really apply the oil on my hair only to try and control my porosity issue and help with frizz and detangling. Maybe I will try it anyway just to see if I am being scared for no reason. Thanks!!

TruMe I understand...Please keep us posted...I think it will turn out OK! Just start off with a tiny amount & see how that goes....

Happy Hair Growing!

Hey girlies,

Tonight I moisturised my twists (couldn't be bothered to re-do them, even tho they're looking tired and fuzzy, besides i'm trying to cut down on manipulation), then i sealed with my grapeseed/hempseed mix. Now i'm baggying my whole head.

All of the above = soft buttery new growth in the a.m. :lick:

Hey girlies,

Tonight I moisturised my twists (couldn't be bothered to re-do them, even tho they're looking tired and fuzzy, besides i'm trying to cut down on manipulation), then i sealed with my grapeseed/hempseed mix. Now i'm baggying my whole head.

All of the above = soft buttery new growth in the a.m. :lick:

bajandoc86

That Hemp/Grape Seed Combo sounds delicious. :lick:

I will hafta' reup on both Grapeseed & Hempseed Oil(s):grin:

@bajandoc86

That Hemp/Grape Seed Combo sounds delicious. :lick:

I will hafta' reup on both Grapeseed & Hempseed Oil(s):grin:

IDareT'sHair ....It is!! Leaves those strands all nice and smooootthhhh, plus locks in the moisture nice and tight. I am loving it!

:scratchch....maybe I should start my own hempseed oil making business...that should be easy right, seeing I live in Ja. Hemp is veeerrrryyy abundant 'round here. :lachen: I joke! I joke!

@IDareT'sHair ....It is!! Leaves those strands all nice and smooootthhhh, plus locks in the moisture nice and tight. I am loving it!

:scratchch....maybe I should start my own hempseed oil making business...that should be easy right, seeing I live in Ja. Hemp is veeerrrryyy abundant 'round here. :lachen: I joke! I joke!

@bajandoc86

Sounds Good!:lick: ......:look:

I liked them both separately but never tried them together....and now I'm out of both.:sad:

TruMe - I don't measure. I just apply it until I'm covered. :yep: Try a smaller amount, and add as needed, like faithVA said.

I am about to put some Claudie's Elixir on my scalp. I have my ceramide mix on my length. I'm bored so I keep messin in my hair.

Experimentimg with tomato seed & broccoli oil. Sealed with them yesterday and got a good 2 day wash & go.
Tonight overnight prepoo with the amla oil i made with black cumin seed oil
Bhringraj on scalp

hey ladies!

Lita, my hair is doing well, thanks!

i did something new by adding an oil rinse into my perming process and my hair is thanking me for it!

IDareT'sHair, that henna mix sounds YUMMY!!!!!
i've never tried the burdock root oil in my henna before.
please let us know how it turned out!

i did an overnight hot with mustard oil!
result: super soft, super moist hair!

hhj ladies!

Back