HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Did my prepoo with Aubrey Organics White Camilla and oil mix of coconut oil and EVOO. Rinsed and then used my KCKT leave in with oil mix of jojoba and castor oil.

Mmm...my new growth is like AHH...

Will do braidout for the morning.

I'm interested in the Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO), what's the difference between it and the regular castor oil?

Is JBCO better?

Pre-pooed with EVOO
Poo with CON(green bottle)
Oil rinsed with Castor and Grapeseed oil

Umm...jury is still out on the honey+glycerine+oil DC that i tried tonight

Hey yall!! So excited I got my Bear Fruit order today and I'm definitely gonna try it out tonight instead of waiting to Sat. I'm gonna cowash with the marshmallow condish and seal and oil my scalp with the auryvedic scalp cream.:yep:

Hey yall!! So excited I got my Bear Fruit order today and I'm definitely gonna try it out tonight instead of waiting to Sat. I'm gonna cowash with the marshmallow condish and seal and oil my scalp with the auryvedic scalp cream.:yep:

Both of those are excellent, IMO!! :yep:

Both of those are excellent, IMO!! :yep:

You are so right.:drunk: I just tried them both and let me tell you my hair was so easy to detangle and it's so soft right now. I also noticed that my hair was not frizzy like it usually is after a wash and right now it's really humid in Korea so I'm looking for things to control the frizz. I'm in love with this combo so far..Crossing my fingers for a good hair day tomorrow..

Dampen my hair with water,Lightly oil scalp Indian oil mix,Applied Shea curl smoothie cream,Sealed with Walnut oil & Sesame seed.......

Happy Hair Growing!

Been slapping that plastic cap & oil on before exercising. This has worked out well :yep:. Used sweet almond oil :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Tonight will be day 14 of regular oiling with the hodgepodge infusion that I made. I plan to keep my loose cornrows in one more week before redoing them—if not getting braids/twists instead.

What I'm doing:
—Oil/baggy nightly
—Clarify weekly (Suave)
—DC weekly-biweekly

Oil Progress in Blog:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

I have a bottle of MnT Conditioner & Suave Humectant that I need to make use of. Instead of awkwardly experimenting with Mayo (my DC this Saturday), I may let those sit in my hair instead after each clarifying.

Yesterday I oil rinsed with mustard oil, then put black cumin seed oil on damp hair no product. Got perfect soft curls

I want to use black cumin seed oil all the time but it smells real bad

i will b using
virgin organic olive oil
organic coconut oil
sweet almond oil
sunflower oil
wheat germ oil
jojoba oil

I just used a tiny bit of my Emu/JBCO mix today.
I plan to do a HOT with some Grapeseed and Hempseed on Wednesday, two of my faves.

Just got some avocado and castor oil. Using Ayurvedic oils regularly, HOT on the sched. tomorrow or the next day with a mixture of my oils. I will try mustard oil soon.

M&Sing with water, coffee butter, EVCO & meadowfoam oil. Loving this combo thus far...

I'm interested in the Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO), what's the difference between it and the regular castor oil?

Is JBCO better?

I don't think there is a major difference between JBCO and regular castor oil. JBCO stinks and is thicker/stickier and more expensive. I think I got slightly better results with regular castor, but they are pretty much the same. I just use a small amount in a shea butter mix, so I haven't noticed a major difference. I'll be going back to regular castor after I finish my bottle of JBCO.

Last edited:
I'm in, I've been doing it for the past month.

Every other day oil scalp with a mix of castor oil/emu oil/EVOO OR plain EVCO

Every (other) day moisturize ends with a lil aloe vera gelly or HEHH and seal w/EVCO or a mix of EVCO/wheat germ oil.

Wash every 2 weeks (prepoo with EVCO/EVOO, shampoo, oil rinse with grapeseed oil, DC, rinse w/acv, tension blow dry, flat iron w/Mizani thermasmooth 3/4-oodles of synthetic ceramides). Bun/pinned up curls-protective styling.

Sent from my DROIDX

Applying my Chicoro leave in with my oil blend 2x a day. Will modify my next batch of oil blend to be jojoba oil, olive oil and vitmain E oil for some major scalp healing. Can't wait to do my scalp massage tomorrow.

Checking in! I have been sealing with my Jojoba oil faithfully, and my hair has this really nice, non-greasy sheen to it. Had a little set back in terms of growth, but hope to bounce back soon.

I found some lemon oil and eucalyptus oil, actually. I took to some of the eucalyptus and mixed it with my Jojoba, plan on using that for scalp massages after reading some positive information on that. Don`t know how I feel about smelling like Vicks all day, though -- maybe the lemon oil can cover the smell? Opinions?

Washed my hair today because my scalp was starting to itch. Did a pre-wash treatment with Lustrailk Cholestoral mixed with coconut/sesame oil, washed, conditioned, then applied leave-in and moisturizer, and sealed with the coconut/sesame oil mix.
Detangling while doing the pre-treatment really helps with keeping the tangles at bay even though I still detangle after I applied my leave-in and moisturizer.
I banded my hair and oiled my scalp with Qhemet's amla pomade. The itching has finally stopped. :)

Last edited:
Today was my last day using Parachute Gold. I will now be using EVOO for pre-poo treatments, as I always keep that on hand. No word yet if I will be rebuying Vatika oil.

Pre-pooed last night with EVOO for 30 mins. I am really liking how my hair feels when I do this. I consistently seal with EVCO every morning and night.

Back