HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

I moisturised with my glycerine/aloe vera/water mix and then sealed with hemp seed oil....my strands felt nice and smooth. The oil had a woodsy/nutsy smell to it.

Evening Hair Hotties!:wave:

**NOTE TO SELF**:ban:

Never do a HOT in near 80 degree weather in 3 plastic conditioning Caps, Men's Satin Du-Rag double tied and a Wig!:nono:

I did a HOT today at work under my Wig with a Ceramide Mix I got from Ltown.

I am almost finished with this one. It was a very nice Mix. Thanks L!:grin:

I finished up the @Ltown Ceramide Mix. I used it with my L-I tonight instead of Pure Argan Oil.

I am getting these Oils down. Hopefully, I won't buy any. (except for HTN) I will allow myself to buy this. And maybe HV Avosoya Oil.

I'll keep using what I have. I will start on my Kukui Nut Oil Next and Finish up this Burdock Root Oil with Ceramides.

I moisturized with some Sunshine and sealed it all up with my Hemp Seed, Rice Bran, Walnut, Safflower, and Emu mix. My hair is so silky and shiny.

Went to the gym and my hair is super crunchy after. I will prepoo with EVOO, cowash, use my leave in and seal with my mystery oil mix

I massaged my crown with my oil blend and retwisted my hair. It wasn't tender to the touch tonight. :yay: I've been spraying it with my leave-in, oiling it and dampening it with water during the day. I am hoping it is healing.

I massaged my crown with my oil blend and retwisted my hair. It wasn't tender to the touch tonight. :yay: I've been spraying it with my leave-in, oiling it and dampening it with water during the day. I am hoping it is healing.

faithVA

What happened to your Crown Girlie?:sad:

That can be a problem area for me as well (that's why I am asking):nono:

@faithVA

What happened to your Crown Girlie?:sad:

That can be a problem area for me as well (that's why I am asking):nono:

I think it was just damaged due to years of relaxers and dryness. When I was relaxed it burned extremely bad in the winter but I didn't pay much attention to it. :ohwell: It's amazing what type of pain you can get used to. When I went natural I used Stay Sof Fro which I think soothed it. After I started my HHJ I realized how thin it was so I just recently started focusing on it.

But it was only last month that I realized that this section actually hurts when I touch it. So I know my scalp is damaged in that area and I'm paying more attention to it.

I am going to see if I can heal it though by moisturizing more often, more massages, more water and some soothing and nourishing oils. We shall see.

You've got me thinking now. Going to research chemical burns on the skin. I really think that is what this is.

IDareT'sHair;13414423 That can be a problem area for me as well (that's why I am asking):nono:[/QUOTE said:
I'm so long-winded didn't see this part. :perplexed

What's going on with your crown? Is it thinning or dry or is it something else.

Last night I oiled my scalp w/a grapeseed/avocado oil mix. Me no likey today. My hair is flatironed straight and it has been hot n humid the past few days, so my hair is straight at the ends, with wavy roots. Looks like Im stretching a relaxer. That oil mix left my roots thirsty. My castor/evoo/emu oil mix leaves it soft. Oh, well. I might cut the grapeseed/avocado oil out for my scalp, better for my ends maybe. Idk.

Sent from my DROIDX

faithVA

When mine 'flares' up it's usually extremely itchy/dry in that spot and when the hair would 'break' it would break all the way down to the NG and prone to dermatitis in that one area. :blush:

It was always more itchy and dry in that area and a different texture.:blush:

I pay alot of attention to that area as well. I'be been using Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster on that area with plenty of Lotions/Oils and it's less itchy/irritated and it's really growing.

I always use 'Extra' on that spot. i.e. conditioner, reconstructor etc......

I agree. I'm sure it's Chemical Damage of some sort.:yep:

Doing an overnight pre-poo with Amla oil. This will be my very first time using this oil. Applied a good amount to each section and twisted each section, then put on a plastic cap. Looking forward to seeing the results in the a.m.

@faithVA

When mine 'flares' up it's usually extremely itchy/dry in that spot and when the hair would 'break' it would break all the way down to the NG and prone to dermatitis in that one area. :blush:

It was always more itchy and dry in that area and a different texture.:blush:

I pay alot of attention to that area as well. I'be been using Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster on that area with plenty of Lotions/Oils and it's less itchy/irritated and it's really growing.

I always use 'Extra' on that spot. i.e. conditioner, reconstructor etc......

I agree. I'm sure it's Chemical Damage of some sort.:yep:

Some letters dont work on my netbook so lets see. Odd sentences mean letters didnt work. :lachen:

Sounds similar - dry and different texture. My mom likes follicle booster but no protein for me. Section, no breakaqe but wiry and dry. It is thin. Read up on chemical burns: aloe and lavender EO are qood for that.

I took pictures before I started usinq the oil blend. I will post pictures at the end of May to show any proqress.

Maybe we can compare notes alonq the way.

Hi! I have been moisturizing and sealing my hair every night since I washed with Bear Fruit marshmallow condish. This conditioner is really nice it left hair so soft, and it's still soft. Definitely gonna buy more tomorrow. I used the ayurvedic scalp cream for a moisturizer and even though it's good it's not heavy enough for my hair so I went back to my burdock root cream which I love. I will continue to use Bear Fruits ASC for my scalp and maybe steam with it too. I love the products I go so far.. :-)

oiled my scalp with vatika oil mixed with jbco last night.

plan to do an oil rinse and cw some time today.

hhj ladies!

Pre poo hair & Scalp with Ayurvedic & Coffee oil mix,Washed with Amla neem cream sulfate free poo,Brahmi powder mixed with BF,Hibiscus & Egg powder,Dc with RedKen,Nioxin #8 on scalp,BF desert leave-in,Heavenly Ayurvedic Hair oil,Sealed with Sesame seed,JBCO on edges....

*For my problem sections applied Mozeke protein to the last 4inches (ends) to help resolve that issue..

*Heavenly Hair Oil-Bringraja,Amla,Gotu kola,Bacopa,Henna,Amaravela,Chakra marda,Sandalwood oil,Almond oil,Coconut oil & Lemon oil...

*Ayurvedic & Coffee oil mix-Coffee,Burdock root,Neem,Amla,Brahmi,Cyperus,Jati chetika,Camellia & Sesame oil..etc

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Did my weekly HOT with the mustard/coconut/rice bran mix under steamer for 20 minutes.

I never talk about sealing, but I do it nightly. I was finishing the last of KBB jojoba hair oil, which is nice and light, and I literally just dipped the ends in it, so they were saturated in oil. I'll probably try and use up some of my AV hair oils next.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

Pre poo hair & Scalp with Ayurvedic & Coffee oil mix,Washed with Amla neem cream sulfate free poo,Brahmi powder mixed with BF,Hibiscus & Egg powder,Dc with RedKen,Nioxin #8 on scalp,BF desert leave-in,Heavenly Ayurvedic Hair oil,Sealed with Sesame seed,JBCO on edges....

*For my problem sections applied Mozeke protein to the last 4inches (ends) to help resolve that issue..

*Heavenly Hair Oil-Bringraja,Amla,Gotu kola,Bacopa,Henna,Amaravela,Chakra marda,Sandalwood oil,Almond oil,Coconut oil & Lemon oil...

*Ayurvedic & Coffee oil mix-Coffee,Burdock root,Neem,Amla,Brahmi,Cyperus,Jati chetika,Camellia & Sesame oil..etc

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, did you make your coffee oil and if so what kind of beans you use? I made some last week to try it and used mills. I haven't use the oil yet.

Lita - that Nioxin 8, is that like a foam type of thing? I think I might have that. How is that working for you?

I think that Heavenly Hair Oil is what I ordered the other day...

Lita, did you make your coffee oil and if so what kind of beans you use? I made some last week to try it and used mills. I haven't use the oil yet.

Ltown Hi! The coffee oil I had custom made/I just mixed wit with my Indian oils=A great combo.....

Garden Of Wisdom made the coffee oil for me...If you email them/They will give you instructions...

*WHEN I MAKE MY OWN/I USE JAMAICAN ROASTED COFFEE...LET IT SIT IN EVOO FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS....Put it in a dark place (tightly sealed bottle) for 2 weeks/so its real strong

....Just lazy this time...lol Had it custom made...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita - that Nioxin 8, is that like a foam type of thing? I think I might have that. How is that working for you?

I think that Heavenly Hair Oil is what I ordered the other day...

Brownie518 Hi! No,the Nioxin #8 I have is a cream (pink colored) its a con..But,I only use it on my scalp & my regular con RedKen or Darcy's (length) in my routine...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Back