HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

I think I'll do another hot with Coconut Oil on Sunday. This time under my Heat Cap.

It felt really good. It will either be Coconut or Olive. I'm about 2-3 weeks from Self-Relaxing and I like to use Penetrating Oils leading up to.

Anything to help build me up.:lol:

I did a water rinse last night, and used garnier fructis sleek and shine conditioner as a leave-in to smoothe my frizz down and sealed that with Blue magic. I was highly annoyed by the shrinked ends of my hair so I rinsed it to get some of the product out which helped alot..and I plan on throwing the shescentit hair gel as far across this base as I can get it. This worked wonders for holdin down my edges and keepin frizz at bay last fall when I used it but this time around it just lift my hair a frizzy mess and didnt lay anything down. Think it would be better suited for a relaxed head.

Can I join??

I did an oil rinse last nite with some lavender JBCO mixed with EVOO and Vatika oil. Can we say hooked?? My hair was soooo much easier to detangle!!! :yep:

I need to use up that JBCO tho...I've had it for over a year now :look: sitting in an applicator bottle :look:.....don't judge me!:lol:

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
Protein: Ion Reconstructor
Conditioner: Natures Gate Asian Pear & Red Tea Conditioner mixed with coconut oil and honey.
Oil: Vatika oil on scalp and sealed ends with Zipporah Beauty GF Green Tea Hair & Body Butter.
Leave in: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion

Applied Ojon Restorative Treatment and covered hair with plastic cap for several hours. Washed out with conditioner and braided to air dry.

ETA: This product detangles dry hair easily. Hair felt strong, soft, more volume. Used in small amount it may be a good leave-in for some. Still smells smokey ...

Last edited:
Yesterday-Washed sulfate free poo & Dc,Blue Malva anti breakage lotion,Applied Sweet Honey Hibiscus leave-in,KBB milk as a rinse,Sealed with sesame seed oil...Hair Is so full a fluffy....

*Later use BF Castor cream & Silk infusion before I lightly Blow dry my hair...

Happy Hair Growing!

Evening Divas to the 10th Power.

I just Moisturized with Njoi's Roots Nourishing Pomade. Will lightly seal with Hairveda's Cocosta in a few.

SmilingElephant

Gurl...............:welcome3:

Lita

Tried the Enso Sweet Agave Nectar & Flaxseed yesterday (and today). I like it. It's a Spritz. It's kinda creamy/watery. But not Oily/Greasy.

Evening Divas to the 10th Power.

I just Moisturized with Njoi's Roots Nourishing Pomade. Will lightly seal with Hairveda's Cocosta in a few.

SmilingElephant

Gurl...............:welcome3:

Lita

Tried the Enso Sweet Agave Nectar & Flaxseed yesterday (and today). I like it. It's a Spritz. It's kinda creamy/watery. But not Oily/Greasy.

YAYYYY!!! :D How often does everyone oil rinse??

..and I plan on throwing the shescentit hair gel as far across this base as I can get it. This worked wonders for holdin down my edges and keepin frizz at bay last fall when I used it but this time around it just lift my hair a frizzy mess and didnt lay anything down.
ITA. I used the last of it this morning and I felt like ding dong the witch is dead. Never in my life have I seen a gel so thick and have no hold :nono:

YAYYYY!!! :D How often does everyone oil rinse??
3-4 times a week

I'm still using Sweet almond oil for my oil rinses and I still attribute this step to the overall improvement in the health of my hair. oil rinses define my 11 months post tiny curls better than anything ive tried. My hair looks like black cotton If i dont oil rinse.

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is doin well. :-) I moisturized last night with Qhemet AOHC since I got it in the mail yesterday. I love this stuff, and it definitely works better for me than the burdock root cream. I like that one too, but it leaves my hair coated after a couple days. NOW, if I could just get my enso naturals which I thought would be here by now..it's strange how my qhemet shipped on saturday and I got it yesterday.. and my enso naturals shipped way before that, but that's a whole nother thread..lol!! Hope yall have a great night, it's already Friday here.

ITA. I used the last of it this morning and I felt like ding dong the witch is dead. Never in my life have I seen a gel so thick and have no hold :nono:

3-4 times a week

Okayyyyy, and that's all i'm sayin. I mean I used it last fall and it was awesome with my no heat regimen which I'm still doing, but this time it was like just put some lotion on my hair. And I even tried it on freshly washed hair..and still it was nothin I ended up goin back to eco styler. I was very disappointed, and mad cuz I live overseas now and it's not easy to get custom made stuff within a week's time anymore..just sucks..:nono:

I mixed the last of red palm/mustard oil blend into a henna paste last night. I will see how this washes out :)

ETA: the paste did not dry out (even after 12+ hours) under plastic caps and bonnet. I easily rinsed under handheld shower head. My hair was strong but not dry. I co-washed and applied castor oil on scalp and hair. My twists are thick, soft and fluffy. I found another use for hot sauce :yahoo:

Last edited:
Last night I moisturized with water in a spray bottle, Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and sealed the bulk of my hair with hemp seed oil. I also sealed the ends with Zipporah Beauty GF Green Tea Hair & Body Butter.

I so want to slap somebody right now!!!! :clap: Umph umph I tell you the truth this is the best thing since sliced bread!

Check it out people...I am truly truly a believer! Thank you for starting this thread!!!!!! My 4B hair is in love with you :love:

It would take me too long to try and type everything so here is my results video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuf67ju39vo

Last edited:
Back