HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Rinsed out an ayurvedic paste (amla, maka, coconut water, blackstrap molasses, EVOO, tea) in the shower. Applied moisturizing conditioner and washed out remaining grit. Did a hot sauce oil rinse (red palm oil and mustard oil). Co-wash and detangle with shower comb using a moisturizing conditioner left hair feeling silky smooth. Used turbie twist to absorb excess water. Oiled scalp and hair with brahmi hibiscus maka infused almond/coconut oil and braided hair.

CW w/Suave Almond & Shea Butter after an oil rinse w/Africa's Best Herbal Oil. How much oil are y'all using for a rinse? I put my hair in 4 sections and genorously apply oil to each section, root to tip, w/an applicator bottle. Rinse with really warm water then cw. Dry w/a scrub shirt. My hair was a little oily. Hmmmm, when I use less oil it doesn't seem to detangle as well. Any tips? I have also oil rinsed w/grapeseed oil and avocado oil.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks Shay72!

Last night I moisturized my hair with water and that Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie I had laced with hibiscus/coconut oil and a little aloe vera juice.

Lightly oiled my hair with Vatika and sealed my ends with Zipporah Beauty GF Green Tea Hair & Body Butter.

Baggied the ends.

Did a light flat ion with silk infusion & sealed with sesame seed oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Evening Divas of Hair! Hope everyone had a Pleasant Day.:wave:

I came home and felt like Baggying tonight.:lick:

So, I spritzed with MYHoneyChild Herbal Hair Cocktail used MYHoneyChild's Sophia's Hair Lotion and a little bit of JBCO.

Will Baggy until Bed-Time Used up the MHC Herbal Hair Cocktail and Lotion. Won't be replacing either.:look:

Just finish sealing with hot six oil. I find myself moisturizing way less since I stepped up my oil game. I only do it once or twice a week now.

Hi ladies! Tonight I went ahead and did my weekly wash, I deep conditioner with HV Stirrinalah (sp) under my steamer for 20 mins, then shampooed with my medicated shampoo, and washed it with V05 Volumizing conditioner. I also added a lil Avosoya oil to it which made it ultra creamy and nice on my hair. I applied Aussie insurance as my leave-in and sealed with nature's blessing applying most it to my ends. That's it for me for the weekend. :-)

Used enso serum as a pre poo last night; not bad but I prefer my mix.
Oil rinsed with hemp/EVOO/CO mix
Sealed with enso serum loved the results.

This morning: Spritzed with Njoi CreationS Milk Moisturizing Hair Spritz, Used Bee Mine Luscious and Sealed with Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Serum.

Will do this again tonight before bed.

Hair Day tomorrow. Will do a HOT (with something) and also use Pure Argan & Hairveda Cocosta Oil.

Oil rinse with mustard oil and Nexxus Humectress. Final rinse with ayurvedic tea. Used Nexxus Nectatress conditioner as leave-in. Braided hair to dry.

I shampooed and conditioned with Aphogee, moisturized my hair and scalp with Carrot oil and sealed with JBCO.

Hello everyone I am a longtime lurker and have decided to finally join in on the fun. I will be participating in this challenge by:

Daily - sealing ends and performing scalp massages w/coconut and jojoba oil
Weekly - prepoo hot oil treatment w/mustard, tea tree, carrot aloe, vitamin e, olive, grapeseed, and castor oils and vatika naturals nourish and protect creme (has almond henna and aloe vera in it, forgot I had it not sure why I never used it).

Last edited:
larieal

:welcome3:

Girlie!:huggle:

Glad to Have You! Just jump right in and start posting.

If you find any interesting Articles or Recipes please don't hesitate to share.

I really apply the oil on my hair only to try and control my porosity issue and help with frizz and detangling.

TruMe, have you noticed reduced frizz from using the oils in your daily styles? I want my natural hair to be full yet moisturizer so the frizzes go away. I just don't know if the oil will weigh it down or not. :ohwell:

TruMe, have you noticed reduced frizz from using the oils in your daily styles? I want my natural hair to be full yet moisturizer so the frizzes go away. I just don't know if the oil will weigh it down or not. :ohwell:

larieal - I have, and I haven't noticed any weigh down from using coconut oil. The only thing is the balance of moisturized versus oily. I slip up sometimes by applying too much oil and it ends up leaving me with an oily head and no additional benefit. Still working it out.

Oiled my scalp with vatika
Moisturized my hair with SM Curl & Style Milk
Sealed my ends with Zipporah Beauty GF Hair & Body Butter

Mernin' HOTTIES:wave:

I pulled out my Mastex Heat Cap and Heated Up (in the Micro) some "Surge" Motion Lotion #9 Oil.

It has: Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil.:love:

It made for a very nice Hot Oil Treatment.

Today will also be using Pure Argan Oil with my Leave In and Hairveda's Cocosta Oil after Moisturizing To Seal.

Enjoy Your Day!:kiss:

I thought I had done the same re: too much oil, but it worked itself out this morning lol. I just took out my first mini twists and they seemed weighed down. I think I may just need to trim some of my ends. I can say that most of my ends are really happy they are curling up all over the place.

Back