HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

choctaw

Gurl.....This Sounds Soooooooo good! :love:

I wish You Could Do Me One.:giggle: It sounds amazing.

Charla

Welcome Girlie! Just jump right in and Join the Fun. Glad to have You.:grin:

Are you talking about the "hot sauce?" :lachen::lachen:
the red palm oil, mustard and almond oil looks like a thick hot sauce and it has a creamy texture. I find it easier to use as a pre-poo/wash to control the splatter factor.

The hot sauce is easy to mix and can be used right away. I used about 40% Omni red palm oil, 40% Deep mustard oil and 20% Laxmi almond oil. You can skip the almond oil and make a blend with 50/50 rpo and Deep mustard oil. I used almond because I ran out of mustard oil on that particular batch. When I run out of one oil I just top the blend with almond, sunflower, sesame, olive oil ... what ever is in the kitchen :grin:

Use whatever pure rpo that you find. I prefer Deep brand of mustard oil (Indian grocer) because its 100 percent mustard oil. Its my "Precious" ... (Gollum snicker)

Went to my local Indian grocery story and got:

Dabur Coconut Oil - Its cheaper than brands like Tropical Traditions, Nutiva, etc so I rather keep it in the kitchen and eat those rather than put it on my hair.

Vatika - Wondering if I can leave it on my scalp and as a sealing oil, or if I need to wash it out.

Last edited:
the red palm oil, mustard and almond oil looks like a thick hot sauce and it has a creamy texture. I find it easier to use as a pre-poo/wash to control the splatter factor.

The hot sauce is easy to mix and can be used right away. I used about 40% Omni red palm oil, 40% Deep mustard oil and 20% Laxmi almond oil. You can skip the almond oil and make a blend with 50/50 rpo and Deep mustard oil. I used almond because I ran out of mustard oil on that particular batch. When I run out of one oil I just top the blend with almond, sunflower, sesame, olive oil ... what ever is in the kitchen :grin:

Use whatever pure rpo that you find. I prefer Deep brand of mustard oil (Indian grocer) because its 100 percent mustard oil. Its my "Precious" ... (Gollum snicker)

choctaw

Gurl...that just made me tired. :lol:

Lawd...:bookworm:You gotta have a PhD in Mixology to keep up with that.:brainy:

Thanks For Posting the Recipe tho'. I'm sure some of the other Ladies will try this out.

Thanks Again for Sharing this!:lick: *but i know i ain't making none*:look:

choctaw - that mix does sound like a great prepoo. I used to use red palm oil a lot. I loved it, too. I'm putting that on my wish list so I can make this 'sauce.'

choctaw

Gurl...that just made me tired. :lol:

Lawd...:bookworm:You gotta have a PhD in Mixology to keep up with that.:brainy:

Thanks For Posting the Recipe tho'. I'm sure some of the other Ladies will try this out.

Thanks Again for Sharing this!:lick: *but i know i ain't making none*:look:

aw stop it ... get your applicator bottle and fill halfway with rpo, then top off with mustard oil. SHAKE well before applying and if the bottle does not have a cap, put your fingertip over the opening or it will look like you had an explosion in that room ... :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Deep Mustard oil is a little over $6 per liter. There are other brands but I know this one is real mustard oil :yep: and you can always buy the smallest bottle to try it out ... should be less than $3 at Indian grocer. RPO is also cheap. I get it at caribbean or african markets

These oils are a great blend, especially for dryness, and a cheap dc. Both oils will stain (not permanent) and that's why I prefer to combine this blend with a shampoo or conditioner. I have used this blend with CON shampoo and Nexxus Humectress conditioner :lick:

choctaw - that mix does sound like a great prepoo. I used to use red palm oil a lot. I loved it, too. I'm putting that on my wish list so I can make this 'sauce.'

I hope you enjoy it and glad that you are familiar with red palm oil. It has all types of nutrients, yadda yadda ... and it feels amazing mixed with mustard oil ... compare the feel to that Ojon Restorative Treatment ... no ashtray smell :lachen::lachen::lachen: and you could make GALLONS for the cost of one jar of Ojon Restorative treatment :yep:

I hope you enjoy it and glad that you are familiar with red palm oil. It has all types of nutrients, yadda yadda ... and it feels amazing mixed with mustard oil ... compare the feel to that Ojon Restorative Treatment ... no ashtray smell :lachen::lachen::lachen: and you could make GALLONS for the cost of one jar of Ojon Restorative treatment :yep:

:lol:

Mustard oil is already on my wish list. This is making me want to get some sooner rather than later...:look:

Tomorrow I'll probably:grin:

Do a Warm Water Oil Rinse with Kukui Nut Oil or Enso Naturals Marshmallow &

Moss Serum or do a 20 minute HOT under my Heat Cap

Use Pure Argan with my Leave In

Seal with maybe Hairveda Cocosta.

Prepooed with Hemp
Tomato seed on naked hair

Vatika - Wondering if I can leave it on my scalp and as a sealing oil, or if I need to wash it out.

You can leave it on. Since coconut oil penetrates the hair you might find that it gets absorbed and you need to add more. The henna in it will turn your grey hairs orange if you use it enough!

Prepooed with Hemp
Tomato seed on naked hair

You can leave it on. Since coconut oil penetrates the hair you might find that it gets absorbed and you need to add more. The henna in it will turn your grey hairs orange if you use it enough!

I already henna my hair so I may not see much of a difference. My hair is very porous so even castor oil absorbs into my hair! Thanks for the heads up. :drunk:

I actually like the smell of the Ojon, but my wallet doesn't like the price! :lol:

Wow, this soooo advanced. I have no idea what ya'll talking about!!! Man, I guess I better get to reading! I was impressed with myself today because I discovered Vegetable Oil is soybean oil!

I've been consistent with my daily massages with Vatika oil. I love that stuff. Massaging my head daily was probably the cause of my huge growth spurt. I've had to cut more damage off but it's really healthy and soft!

Mixed the last of my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie with my hibiscus/coconut oil and a little aloe vera juice to moisturize my hair with.

Oiled my scalp with Vatika and sealed my ends with Zipporah Beauty GF Green Tea Hair & Body Butter.

Hi ladies! On Monday I heated some HV Avosoya oil and applied Pantene beautiful lengths breakage defense conditioner and set under my heat cap for about 15 mins. I then co-washed it out with Oyin Honey Hemp which I am fallin in love with again it detangled nicely and left my hair super soft and curls nicely detangled and defined my curls. I also used the Honey hemp as a leave-in. I moisturized and sealed the following day with Bee mine balance moisturizer sample that I have had for awhile. I really wanted my hair to like this stuff but it's goin in the trash cuz it left my hair dried out by the end of today. I have tried this so many ways and it just doesn't work for me at all. So I'm done with it, due to the lack of moisture provided by bee mine I had to break my low-manipulation reggie and re-moisturize my entire head again but this time I used Qhemet BRBC this never lets me down and I sealed each section with Natures blessings. Can't wait for my Enso naturals order to get here it shipped so I'm just waiting. :-)

Pre poo with Mahabhringraj & Coffee oil for 30min,washed with KeraCare sulfate free poo,Jasmines Hibiscus Dc for 40min,Rinsed with KBB Milk,Blue Malva Honey anti breakage lotion,BF Desert leave-in...Sealed with Sesame seed oil....Hair has nice body,waves & feels strong...

*Later I will do a light blow dry & apply Silk infusion as a heat guard....

Happy Hair Growing!

I love sealing my hair with Pure Argan oil before I rollerset!!!! My hair stays moisturize and soft for days.

I'd like to try grapeseed oil. Is anyone using grapeseed oil alone as a prepoo or sealant?

PinkPebbles I love grapeseed oil as a prepoo. It rinses out easily and is great for detangling. I also use it as an oil rinse before my DC. Makes my detangling session so much easier.

@PinkPebbles I love grapeseed oil as a prepoo. It rinses out easily and is great for detangling. I also use it as an oil rinse before my DC. Makes my detangling session so much easier.

Thank you! It's good to know that it helps with detangling. When I'm over 6 wks post relaxer I will try it as a prepoo!

Heated up Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Serum in the Microwave and did a Hot Oil Treatment under my Mastex Heat Cap.

Will follow up with Pure Argan and Possibly Hairveda Avosoya Oil.

Question for all of you: Do any of you seal with oil daily? I find myself having to do it that often without a second though, but curious about others here.

I am so glad I used Qhemet, because my hair was still soft and moisturized after work today..Now dats what I like! I oiled my scalp with CG Mixed greens, I really like this and it's potent cuz every time I put it on my scalp I feel it tingle a bit maybe from the horsetail. Either way I like it and it absorbs well and doesn't take much. Definitely going to order the larger size when I run out of the sample. I think I'm gonna do a ayurvedic paste on Saturday not sure yet.

Question for all of you: Do any of you seal with oil daily? I find myself having to do it that often without a second though, but curious about others here.
I seal with a serum or elixir daily. I have Komaza's Moku Serum (they no longer sell this), Qhemet's Castor & Moringa Softening Serum, and Shea Moisture's Reconstructive Elixir.

I was exhausted last night so I didn't do my Wed routine. I'm off today so I will be doing it today. Will steam with gleau oil.

Back