HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

@choctaw

This is Sooo True.:yep:

Plus, it can help you diminish your Oil Stash, if you didn't know what to do with them. (Like Me):perplexed.

I am just so happy & relieved to be getting rid of some of these Oils. :lol:

But every time I get closer to thinking I've gotten it under control, I find another bottle.:blush: (or buy one).:nono:

I won't be using any oil on dry hair this summer, I'm sweat monster and that along is enough jheri curl dripping:lachen:

Washed my hair on Monday. Used the Herbal Essences LTR leave-in and my trusty coconut/sesame oil. My hair still feel strong and soft. I don't think I need a moisturizer anymore. It's just oil and butters for my moisture needs from here on out.

I really want to try oil infusions (like hibiscus and amla in coconut oil) but all the information is making my head spin.

Washed my hair on Monday. Used the Herbal Essences LTR leave-in and my trusty coconut/sesame oil. My hair still feel strong and soft. I don't think I need a moisturizer anymore. It's just oil and butters for my moisture needs from here on out.

I really want to try oil infusions (like hibiscus and amla in coconut oil) but all the information is making my head spin.

Ravengirl,

I've use youtube and mountainroseherbs as my source of infusing oils. There is alot of information here and everyone method varies. I wrap my powders in cheesecloth place in mason jar, pour my oils and sit on stove about 10 minutes. Then I'll let oil sit depending on how I feel or remember:lol:. Strain to make sure all herbs are not in oil and use as you like. That my method:look:

Ravengirl,

I've use youtube and mountainroseherbs as my source of infusing oils. There is alot of information here and everyone method varies. I wrap my powders in cheesecloth place in mason jar, pour my oils and sit on stove about 10 minutes. Then I'll let oil sit depending on how I feel or remember:lol:. Strain to make sure all herbs are not in oil and use as you like. That my method:look:

Ravengirl ... Walmart sells mason jars or you can use old honey, jelly, jam jars - anything that has been pasteurized (subjected to heat) to marinate the herbs in a heat bath.

I like to use dried hibiscus flowers (sorrel) and I fill the jar with the flowers, then pour coconut oil to the top. :lick:

My strainer is a knee high stocking stretched over plastic funnel. I place the plastic funnel tip into my applicator bottle. I use a finger to create a depression in material so that oil flows down the opening and not over the side of funnel.

I've just been using Jojoba oil for shine during the day. I apply it after lunchtime. At night I seal my ends before I roll them with a vitamin E, Castor Oil, Cherry Almond Oil Mixture I threw together. It smells good and my hair has grown.

I'm not using much for moisture right now. Before I bun I moisturize with Mane & Tail Conditioner and seal the ends with oil. But the first three days after I wash...notta, just oil on those ends to seal.

ok please share...where can i get these products from...sounds interesting.

zuriqueen Hi! I mix my JBCO with different oils,BF (Bear Fruits) you can order on-line Bear Fruits.com,Walnut oil I buy from Garden Of Wisdom.com

Castor oil mix-JBCO,Black Radish eo,EMU oil,Brahmi oil,Camphor,Black pepper oil,Peppermint & Lavender eo.....

My Summer Scalp spritz-Spring water,EVCO,Lavender eo,Mah indian oil,Cayenne oil,MSM,Small amount of Castor,little tea tree,little peppermint & Couple drops of Garlic....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Sooooo if I do this "thing" weekly, I should not have any issues flat ironing my hair every other week right? Just wondering

Soooo -- I discovered a Whole Foods market around the corner from my apartment and there was definitely this assorted section of different oils; most that I see you ladies raving about and I couldn`t resist. I purchased a jar of unrefined coconut oil, and resisted buying a ton of other oils -- but now I have a bottle of JBCO and a jar of coconut oil I need to find uses for.

I was thinking of alternating between the two for scalp massages and sealing my ends with just the coconut oil -- but I don`t know if using them alternatively will be "useful" ...

Today is the day after wash day, this is usually when I detangle but I'm refraining from doing thorough finger detangling every wash day maybe every two weeks but gotta monitor my hair for shed hair to avoid them wrappin around other strands and creating SSKs. This is part of my low manipulation reggie, so I rewet my hair a little by spritzing it with my herbal hair mist which I added some bhringraj oil to it and moistured each section with qhemet burdock root cream and sealed my ends with BM. I oiled my scalp with CG Mixed Greens, I got this on Wednesday and she included a sample of her herbal oil infusion can't wait to try it soon. I re-bunned my hair and applied my scarf.

Last night I slathered Nature's Gate Asian Pear & Red Tea Conditioner on my hair and sealed it with Zipporah Beauty Delight My Hair Butter and did the baggy method since my hair was feeling dry.

Moisturized with MYHoneyChild Herbal Hair Cocktail Spritz & MHC Sophia's Hair Milk.

Sealed with Hairveda Avosoya Hair Oil.

I just did an oil rinse with brahmi maka hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil and detangled. Applied oil and conditioner a second time and removed shed hairs with denman, smoothed edges, ends. Rinsed out 50% of the oil/conditioner mix and gathered hair into a braid. I have adult swim this afternoon and my hair will be well protected from chlorine.

Moisturized with taliah waajid protective mist bodifier after and overnight DC and sealed with grapeseed and avocado oil mix.

I moisturized with Claudie's Isha Nourishing Cream and sealed with her Montego Bay oil. My hair is nicely moisturized and so shiny.

• oil hair with liquid lecithin mixed with rice bran oil, cover with plastic cap
• saturate hair with cream of nature shampoo, cover with plastic cap
• rinse out oils and shampoo in shower
• oil rinse with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil
• Braid to air dry

Dampen hair with Red Rose Water,moisturize with BF Castor Cream,Lightly oiled scalp with JBCO mix,Sealed with walnut oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Y'all, I am in LOVE with this Zen Scalp & Hair Detox Therapy! :love3:

Ok KittyMeowMeow, I'm going to need you to come back and give another update. Did you do a 2nd and 3rd treatment? If so what were the results.

I received mine yesterday and tried it last night. And my results were the same as yours. So I am loving the detox. I know I only have to wait a week but I want to know what happened when you used it the 2nd time.

Sealed braids with grapeseed oil....I forgot to add my hempseed oil to it. :( it isn't quite the same. I must say tho, the grapeseed oil is nice and light, does not weigh the hair down at all....maybe I should try and oil rinse with it.

Btw....I'll be picking up my unrefined organic avocado oil this weekend when I go into Kingston. I can't wait to try it out!! *excited*

I think I am going to try out massaging Basil oil to 2 spots on my scalp that have less hair than the others. I really want to see if this will help regenerate some hair follicles although my hair has been like this for as long as I can remember. We'll see. I will try it for 3 months and see how it works.

Anyone have any experiences with Basil Oil? I also grow Basil so I think I will look into how to make my own basil oil as well. :grin:

Back