HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

JerriBlank What's the difference between the Anita Grant castor oil and say....the regular brands you can get a a natural/health food store?

Wondering if its worth the investment.

My mom was upset at me yesterday for taking the kitchen olive oil for my hair. She was trying to make a stir fry and couldn't find it. I told her time and time again that the goodness of evoo is waster when used as a frying oil. Anyway, I have to go get my own bottle now.

Still haven't washed my hair. Yesterday, I dampened it with water, then went to town saturating it with the coconut/sesame oil mix, and then cornrowed it. My hair still feels super soft in its braids. I need to learn to be more gentle with combing though; I know I ripped and broke off some of my hair while combing each section. My crown is the worst off since it is more fine. Must learn patience. *sigh*

greenandchic,the first ingredient in this oil is sapote oil. Castor oil is next. It also has murumuru butter, wheat germ oil, Japanese camellia kissi oil, as well as behentrimonium methosulfate,which is and excellent detangler ! It is more than regular castor oil.:yep:. These are not all of the ingredients,just some notable ones. I'll try to find the whole list online for you. BRB!

Last edited:
Evening Hair Hotties!:gorgeous:

I'm in the process of doing my Hair. I'll use Pure Argan & Enso Marshmallow & Moss.

I may do a Final Oil Rinse with EVOO tho':yep:

@Ravengirl

Yeah...You better pick you a small bottle of EVOO for your Hair.:blush: .... :lol:

Nice Post. The Coconut/Sesame Mix sounds interesting.:yep:
The funny thing is she automatically knew it was me who took it. I just forgot to put it back. lol

I originally bought the sesame oil for oil pulling which I only did twice because it takes forever and I lack patience. :lol: So to use it up I have been mixing it with coconut oil. It turned out to be a great combo - my hair feels strong but soft... might buy more. :lick: I have no idea what sesame oil actually does for the hair but it seems to keep the hair soft and not feeling like straw which the coconut oil can sometimes do.

Last edited:
Ravengirl IDareT'sHair - You can get a really good deal on organic EVOO at Costco in a 51 oz bottle. :spinning:

Ravengirl My hair likes sesame seed oil too. I use that to cook with generally and EVOO as a non cooking oil.

_______

Last night I made a butter out of about 2 oz of raw shea butter, 1 oz of aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp coconut and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Twisted my hair with it after oiling my scalp with castor oil mixed with SM Elixir. :lick:

@Ravengirl @IDareT'sHair - You can get a really good deal on organic EVOO at Costco in a 51 oz bottle. :spinning:

@Ravengirl My hair likes sesame seed oil too. I use that to cook with generally and EVOO as a non cooking oil.

_______

Last night I made a butter out of about 2 oz of raw shea butter, 1 oz of aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp coconut and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Twisted my hair with it after oiling my scalp with castor oil mixed with SM Elixir. :lick:
Does the sesame oil leave a nutty flavor in food or does it have a neutral taste?

That butter sounds really good... been wanting to make a new butter/oil mix, does it give any hold to the twists?

Does the sesame oil leave a nutty flavor in food or does it have a neutral taste?

That butter sounds really good... been wanting to make a new butter/oil mix, does it give any hold to the twists?

Its pretty neutral in taste. The smoke point is pretty high which makes it ideal for stir frys, etc. The toasted sesame oil has a flavor for sure though.

I twisted my hair for a twist out so that I can put it in a bun. I generally don't twist my hair to wear. I only did 8 large twists to put my hair away for the night. The butter I made doesn't have a lot of hold due to the oils and aloe vera gel.

I am doing my first Ayur Rajasthani henna today. Ayur contains rajasthani henna, amla and shikakai powders. I made a paste using coconut cream, tea tree oil and ayurvedic tea (bhuym amalaki, brahmi, fenugreek, hibiscus and maka). I sprayed my hair with distilled water, applied Parachute coconut oil and then applied the henna paste. Will leave it on for several hours and wash out. I don't know how much henna is in the Ayur blend but the paste is smoooooooooooooth and the tea tree oil is relaxing :lick:

Oiled my Length today with a Nice Oil Blend I got from Ltown. :lick:

Thanks Again Lady!:grin:

It has Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail, EVOO, EVCO and Avocado. It is absolutely wonderful.:love:

I did a HOT with CD Lisa's Hair Elixir. I think I only have 2 or uses left. I swear I think that stuff is so strong it could blind you. Don't think I will repurchase but will try to make a less intense version myself. Did a mini scalp massage with the HOT and while shampooing.

Afte I cleansed my hair I oiled my scalp with my oil blend.

choctaw

It was gifted to me.:look:

And Ltown makes the best infused oils ever. It's wonderful.:lick:

I did use up a 4 ounce bottle of Enso Marshmallow & Moss Serum. (I do have a back-up of this one tho').:ohwell:

I washed the ayur rajsathani henna paste out after several hours. This was the first time I used coconut cream with ayurvedic powders and it rinsed out quickly in a few minutes. I oiled my edges and ends with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil, sectioned hair with fingers to apply eco custard (eco krystal styling gel, evco, evoo, castor oil, liquid lecithin and aloe vera gel) and ended with twists.

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is enjoyin their holiday weekend! :-) I did an HOT with HV Cocosta hair oil and applied some Nioxin Scalp Therapy (finally got the 33 oz bottle I ordered from drugstore.com back in Apr..smh) ova that and baggied for a couple hours. I cowashed that out with Tresseme naturals and sealed in the moisture with Natures blessing grease and tied my hair down for the night.

last night i was doing SO's hair for church..

Him: Whats this green oil?
Me: It's grapeseed oil.
Him: Grapes arent green :rolleyes:
Me: Mmm hmm now put my oil back :look:
Him: But i want you to use this on my hair:grin:
Me: Nu UH! you aint worth my grapeseed oil! :blush::lachen::nono::lol::look:
Him: :sad::nono::yawn:

lol he know better than to mess with the good stuff! He better go get that olive oil and sit down somewhere!:lachen:

Anticipating another hot-arse day today:perplexed.....somebody save me. Thinking about doing a black tea rinse today, then DC, then moisturise and seal with the hempseed oil. Thank God I work in OT so I can DC under my theatre cap, and no one will notice.:lachen:

Back