HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Hope I'm not to late to join. Oils I am currently using: Castor oil, cedarwood, rosemary, wintergreen and evoo
Later today, I am going to cater to my hair with a hot treatment. Going to see how this all pays off
hhg

Y'all, I am in LOVE with this Zen Scalp & Hair Detox Therapy! :love3:

So, I had left some EVCO to soak on my hair since yesterday, and then put some EVOO on my dry areas, did a scalp massage with EVOO (great cleansing oil) and baggied my dry areas & covered with a towel for like an hour or so.

I mixed the ZSHDT with water to a creamy mud, applied to my scalp & hair & massaged my scalp. Within a few minutes, my scalp felt like it was breathing fresh air. It just felt incredible!

After about 15 mins, I got into a hot bath, with candles, incense, bath oil, etc as she suggests (next time I'll get in sooner). I assume this is to open up the pores and for the steam. I closed the shower curtains to create a steamy chamber (opening them when it got too hot) and sipped on ice water. It was a wonderful, relaxing spa like experience. My skin was lightly sweating, and I could feel my scalp opening up. Aaaaahhhh….

I rinsed it out under warm water in the shower (it says to dip your head in the bath but I didn't want to do that). As I touched my scalp to gently massage it out, I said, out loud "Ohhhhh my god"…

My hair felt unbelievable! Clean, smooth, soooo soft, but strong, and it seemed to hang straighter/more stretched. I thought I knew what "clean but not stripped" meant before this. I didn't- THIS is it. My scalp felt clean and soft. I didn't use conditioner b/c my hair felt so great (will use it next time on dry areas), braided my hair, and airdryed in a towel, my scalp breathing contentedly underneath.

I kept lifting off my towel to feel my hair as it dried. It felt sooooo soft and brand new, like a baby's hair. My braids also looked very long- much longer than they usually look as I am airdrying. I've just put in my butters and oils, and braided it back up. The true test will be how it looks tomorrow and throughout the week (and it'll be months before I know if this helped my scab hair, if I can even tell), but I am already thrilled with this, and can't wait to do the next one!

By the way, this is the review that got me to try it: http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/2009/04/detox-your-hair-from-chemical-relaxers.html

I bought it off the Morocco Method site, and shipping was fast (maybe 2 days?): https://morroccomethod.com/en/shop?...age.tpl&product_id=57&category_id=16&vmcchk=1

Thanks for intro to this product and for the review. I only get to buy 1 product a month and I think this will be it. I will order it tonight and maybe I will get it by the weekend and have some fun over the holiday.

Pre poo oil mix,washed with sulfate free poo,Hibiscus powder,Brahmi powder,Gotu kola powder,Burdock root powder,Yogurt powder Goat milk powder & TW con mix together & left in for 10min,Dc RedKen for 30 min,KBB milk,Sealed with Sesame seed oil...Lightly oiled my scalp..JBCO mix..

Happy Hair Growing!

Used Pure Argan with my Leave-In (under the dryer now)

Will M&S with Enso Naturals Olive & Honey Butter and Enso's Marshmallow & Moss Hair Serum.

I would like to join. :grin:

Tonight I'm sleeping with my homemade DC (Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine mixed with 1 tbsp. shea butter and 1 tbsp Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir (oil)).

Oils I normally use:

Castor
Coconut
Jojoba
Hemp Seed

Looking for other oils to do HOT with eventually...

Still doing oil prepoos before each wash (shampoo or co-wash). Started sealing my ends with castor oil instead of coconut. I like!

Deep conditioned with ayurvedic paste (amla powder mixed with maka/brahmi/fenugreek/hibiscus tea and mustard oil. Rinsed out paste with water; oil rinse with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil; final rinse with 1 tablespoon acv, 1 cc tea tree oil diluted in 1.75 liter water; oil scalp, edges, ends with argan oil; apply Miss Jessie’s Buttercreme, end with 2 strand twists.

Hi everyone, for those that seal with oils what kind of moisturizer are you using? I have been using kckt but I'm making some changes to my moisturizer. TIA!

Going to go pick up a new bottle of Anita Grant sapote castor oil today.:look:. I'm in braids,so what I'm gonna do is add some Oyin hair dew,and a few pumps of the AG sapote to my braid spray. My hair needs that extra lubrication in extensions.

FoxxyLocs - How do you like the oil rinse/co-wash combination? I haven't tried, I just do an oil rinse when I am shampooing. Do you use less oil in order to not end up with too oily of hair or does it seem to work out the same? I may need to try this. Thanks!!

FoxxyLocs - How do you like the oil rinse/co-wash combination? I haven't tried, I just do an oil rinse when I am shampooing. Do you use less oil in order to not end up with too oily of hair or does it seem to work out the same? I may need to try this. Thanks!!

I do an overnight prepoo before each wash, then I rinse for a few minutes before I start washing. It's been working out well with my co-washes. I wet bun and leave the same bun in for 3-5 days. When I take it down my hair feels moisturized and it's not matted at all. Not sure if thats because of the oil or what, but it hasn't ben hard to detangle.

Hi ladies! So I been tryin to wash my hair once or twice a week, but this Korean heat ain't no joke so imma have to do it at least twice a week. I washed my hair on Sat, and by Monday it was so parched and I tried to save it by just adding somemore water and sealing but that didn't work so I co-washed last night. I used BF Cotton Marshmallow cleansing conditioner and sealed with BM. I made sure to add a leave-in conditioner under the BM to hopefully help with moisture and it feels much better today.

Hi everyone, for those that seal with oils what kind of moisturizer are you using? I have been using kckt but I'm making some changes to my moisturizer. TIA!
I'm using one of the following:
Oyin's Hair Dew
Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion
Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Cream
Hairveda's Whipped Ends

@FoxxyLocs - How do you like the oil rinse/co-wash combination? I haven't tried, I just do an oil rinse when I am shampooing. Do you use less oil in order to not end up with too oily of hair or does it seem to work out the same? I may need to try this. Thanks!!
I know you didn't ask me but I oil rinse and follow with a cowash about 3 times a week. Oiliness is not an issue.

Rinsed out the DC I made last night and did a WnG. I sealed my hair with Zipporah Beauty Delight My Hair Leave in Cream (which is more like a light whipped butter) and sealed the ends with their Delight My Hair Butter. I'm going to put it in a pineapple tonight...

Back