HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

I have been a very bad girl this last week. All I did was cowash....no M&S no HOT, no DC.....my hair is prob dry as a biscuit in these braids. So tonight I go all out.....and treat my hair nicely, once they are no emergencies that I need to go to work for.

IDareT'sHair, thank you sooo much for that suggestion I completely forgot about bagging but imma try it for sure because I'm trying to stay no this low manipulation as my hair seems to love this the most and is retaining well. Thanks again,hun! :-)

Day II WnG:

Oiled my edges with Zipporah Delight My Hair Butter before going to the gym. It helps keep the sweat off at least a little...

Oiled my scalp yesterday with castor oil (undiluted).

Got my order from healingherbsbyrene, I love the herbal mist but kinda side-eyeing the roots of coconut, because when I could have sworn when I ordered it the website didn't say nothing about coconut and aloe spray but it's mixed with aloe and my hair doesn't care for it that much. But anyway, last night I moisturized with Qhemet's Burdock root cream and sealed my ends with nature's blessing hair grease and I love my hair today it's so soft and the grease actually absorbed into my hair but it looks shiny and well moisturized. I think this is a great combo together, I'm trying to keep this bun in until tomorrow night and then I will do an oil rinse on saturday and that's it.

Pre-poo on dry hair with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil. Shampoo. Condition & detangle with shower comb. Final rinse with aloe vera juice and honey diluted in water. Oil scalp and hair with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil. Distribute Miss Jessie’s Buttercreme with denman d31 brush. Double strand twist.

Pre-poo on dry hair with hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil. Shampoo. Condition & detangle with shower comb. Final rinse with aloe vera juice and honey diluted in water. Oil scalp and hair with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil. Distribute Miss Jessie’s Buttercreme with denman d31 brush. Double strand twist.

choctaw

This ALL Sounds very Nice.:lick:

My schedule is a bit of a mess this time of year. Unlike last year at this time I have done some preplanning. I steamed with sweet almond oil this morning and followed with a cowash.

I've been keeping it pretty simple. A spritz with my leave in and sealing with castor oil. Rocking Ceilie plaits right now though I usually do 2strand twists.

I'm trying something a bit different. Since I work out of my home, I'm leaving my well moisturized plaits in and spritzing just the ends and sealing with castor oil. So far so good.

So.....had emergencies at work. sigh. No hair time last night :sad:.

Hence....right now I am DC-ing with Alter Ego garlic condish, after washing scalp & braids with diluted CON (green bottle). After DC i will allow to air dry till 75%dry, oil scalp with mix of MT,JBCO & peppermint oil. Spray braids with aloe vera juice/water/glycerin mix and seal with my hempseed/grapeseed oil mix :lick:.

As you can see....i gots lotsa mixes :grin:

Oh! btw, I received my SAA and hydrolysed wheat protein, so imma add that to my moisturizing mix. :yep:

bajandoc86

Girl, I 'bout to put you up there with the other Mixtresses: Lita JerriBlank choctaw KittyMeowMeow Ltown and some of the other Queens of the Mix-Masters in this Thread.:cup:

Ya'll Gets Busy with these Oils. Ya'll Be Mixin' It Up!:notworthy

:lol::lol:
I had to water down my Anita Grant sapote castor with some of that refined argan oil from fnwl. Remember the purchase I was complaining about? :look:
Well it turned our okay since I'm using it as a carrier oil to the AG sapote. That stuff is too expensive to be pumping out all willy nilly. So I mixed a small amount into the argan,then proceeded to distribute that between about 4 bottles of braid spray. I'm happy about that! About to use some braid spray jazzed up with the argan/AG mix,then run a little bitty bit of the AG over my braids to kinda seal.

I`ve been keeping up with my scalp massages and sealing -- this is probably my only challenge I`m not completely failing at right now. Haha.

I`ll be using the remainder of my Jojoba/Lemon/Eucalyptus oil mixture with my deep conditioner this weekend -- switching over to JBCO for scalp massages and sealing, but I hear regular Castor oil has the same effect, so once I finish the JBCO, I`ll probably be seeking that out.

Oil rinse with mustard oil. Conditioned and detangled with shower comb. Final rinse with aloe vera juice & gallberry honey diluted in warm water. Oiled scalp and hair with maka brahmi hibiscus infused coconut/almond oil. Applying Miss Jessie's Buttercreme and will finish with twists.

I took out my twists and applied my oil blend and gave myself a scalp massage. I then twisted my hair back up. My scalp is doing so much better. I took down the twists in my crown area with no tangled hair and no pulling. This is a first. I think even my edges may be filling in.

I am supposed to take my 30 day scalp pictures this weekend. I am hopeful I see progress. The few times I looked the thinning spot seemed smaller. :yep:

Dampen my braids with water/applied Yucca Thickening growth Milk/Lightly oiled my scalp with JBCO mix/Sealed with Walnut oil..Hair back in twist...

Happy Hair Growing!

bajandoc86

I like that Oil real well. Haven't tried the DC'er yet. The Olive & Honey Butter is very thick and probably better suited for Cooler/Colder weather. It's a little 'heavy' but nice also. Those are the only 3 things I have: Butter, Oil, & DC'er. So far, it's a nice line.

Back