Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Month 3 update!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while. I've gotten so busy. I'm getting engaged!!!!!!!!! So that's taking up so much time. Figuring out what needs to be done, etc.

Anyway I want to see ur updates.

My hair is going very well. I relaxed after 19 weeks at the end of last month. It is definitely growing a lot.

How's ur hair doing ladies??

I'm not on that challenge, but wanted to say congrats on the engagement. Hope you guys have a wonderful life together.

I have been hiding my hair. This isn't a problem because I never wore my hair out even before I found these boards. I am trying to keep my hairline healthy and work on making my strands thicker and longer.

Congratulations on your engagement! I just got married....It was fun;)

Congratulations on your engagement RabiaElaine!! I'm still going strong with this challenge. My hair grew a half-inch since June ( major trim) My hair is a lot thicker too!!

Congratulations!! I'm taking my braids out as I type this. I'll be 22 weeks post relaxer on Saturday. I can tell it's growing. I stretched some pieces at my nape and they're a lot longer. I'm tempted to go get a blowout but idk.

Congratulations on the engagement!!!! :D

Still hanging in there..... my braids are going on 5 weeks old. They still look decent, but i have to admit im sooo bored with them!! :ohwell: Thus, I plan to take them out in about a week (lol), will relax, and then go back to my old, trusty bun.

Im sooo tempted to take my Oct progress pictures (to continue with my every 3 month trend), but at the same time Im excited at the prospect of not revealing my length until Xmas.

Decisions, decisions!!!!!

GOod luck ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

KiniKakes said:

Still hanging in there..... my braids are going on 5 weeks old. They still look decent, but i have to admit im sooo bored with them!! :ohwell: Thus, I plan to take them out in about a week (lol), will relax, and then go back to my old, trusty bun.

Im sooo tempted to take my Oct progress pictures (to continue with my every 3 month trend), but at the same time Im excited at the prospect of not revealing my length until Xmas.

You should take them but don't upload them to your fotki. That's what I am going to do.

I am doing good on this challenge expect I am flat ironing the week after next. I have a photoshoot, plus it's SO's birthday, I want to do something to show him I care and I think this will do it.:lol:

Anyways, congrats on your engagement:) I cannot wait until December.

MizaniMami said:
You should take them but don't upload them to your fotki. That's what I am going to do.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking....... maybe just take them out but dont share pictures until end of Dec! *sigh* I dunno.... i always love posting my little updates..... but the concept of waiting is very exciting and tempting!!! Im gonna try to do it! :lol:

KiniKakes said:

You too KiniKakes? :lol: I just couldn't take them anymore. Mines are only 4 weeks old. I have about 20 left to take out.

bmoreflyygirl said:
You too KiniKakes? :lol: I just couldn't take them anymore. Mines are only 4 weeks old. I have about 20 left to take out.

:lol: :lol: We ought to be ashamed!!!!! And the funny thing is i was actually planning on keeping these jokers in til Christmas. HA!!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

going strong, my twists are looking raggedy (way to much cowashing on my part), i'm gonna hold out on taking them out until november and then getting some micros, i'm going to extend this challenge until maybe march 07

CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT RABIAELAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KiniKakes said:
:lol: :lol: We ought to be ashamed!!!!! And the funny thing is i was actually planning on keeping these jokers in til Christmas. HA!!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

LOL yeah I was shooting for thanksgiving but uhh :look: ... I think I'm just gonna cornrow it real quick and sew some weave in tommorow night. That'll get me through another month or so.

Every wash day I take my hair down from my baggie and stretch it to see how far I am from brastrap. The hair at the crown actually touches the strap but I wouldn't consider it full brastrap until the others catch up (I'm about 1.5-2 inches away). I'm so tempted to use my Maxiglide to see if I've reached my goal but I want to surprise myself in December. I'm going strong and I'm noticing some growth. It certainly does feel like my hair is growing because I keep feeling this tingling (like a vibrating feeling) on my scalp. I'm washing my hair tonight and trying Nexxus Emergencée for the first time under the dryer. I hope I don't lose my hair!

ETA: Congratulations on your engagement!

Last edited:
Thanks ladies!

I'm glad everyone is doing well and that know one is giving up.

I actually did take pics after my relaxer, but I'm not going to upload them until December. It'll be fun to see everyone's hair after about 6 months of not seeing it. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on the engagement!!! Well things are good this way...ive been wearing the bun and im back to my original plan of transitioning....

trimbride said:
I have been hiding my hair. This isn't a problem because I never wore my hair out even before I found these boards. I am trying to keep my hairline healthy and work on making my strands thicker and longer.

Congratulations on your engagement! I just got married....It was fun;)

Girl, congrats on your engagement Rabia and congrats on your marriage trimbride!

OT: Trimbride, I just checked your album and your Buns are AWESOME. I love all of the accessories, where do you get them?

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while. I've gotten so busy. I'm getting engaged!!!!!!!!! So that's taking up so much time. Figuring out what needs to be done, etc.

Anyway I want to see ur updates.

My hair is going very well. I relaxed after 19 weeks at the end of last month. It is definitely growing a lot.

How's ur hair doing ladies??

I am doing very good and getting mad growth. Can we should pictures? Becauzzzze you did say you want to see updates.:grin:

Congratulations!

Cooyah said:
going strong, my twists are looking raggedy (way to much cowashing on my part), i'm gonna hold out on taking them out until november and then getting some micros, i'm going to extend this challenge until maybe march 07

CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT RABIAELAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, Me too, until I reach my goal.

Congrats on the engagement and marriage!!!!

Blackbird77 said:
I'm so tempted to use my Maxiglide to see if I've reached my goal but I want to surprise myself in December

Oh my goodness. This is sooo me. I let my friend borrow my Hai and I told her to keep it so I wouldn't be tempted to wear my hair down. But now I want to go buy a Maxiglide, so I can try them and so I can check my progress. I even went to BB&B last night, but they didn't have any. Well, actually their inventory said they had 3, but they couldn't find any. Was that a hint for me or what?!?!

But like you said, I want to be surprised in December as well. I know I won't make it that long without at least checking, though. I'm too weak.

Anyway, I've been doing great. I've been rocking a bun, fall, full cap, or braidout. I attempted my first Bantu Knot set, and it is gorgeous. I love it!!! It's amazing how I've adapted to all of these other styles. Before, I wore my hair down everyday. The only way I pulled it back was if I was too lazy to wash it, and it didn't have body anymore because of the filth that was in it. So, I happy that I can be more well-rounded with my styles. Thanks Ladies!!

I'm in this challenge, i know i'm late but i'm here now, i plan to wear buns and phony pony tails all the way, and only take my hair down on wash days..

Congratulations on your Engagement RabiaElaine!!:)

I'm doing good. I had a little setback after I took my micros out but I Thank God and Joyous I didn't have to do a BC. I'm still bunning it!!

Ms_Twana said:
I want to be surprised in December as well. I know I won't make it that long without at least checking, though. I'm too weak.

:lol: :lol: You and me both girl!

Last edited:
I must admit I fell off for 3 days. I wore a bun for about 4 weeks then got kinky twist for almost 6 weeks. I took them out got a touch-up and about 3 1/2 in cut :mad: I must amit nice cut not real short but you could definitely tell. But it is now very healthly and now I'm back to bunning. I feel like I had a slight set back but that okay, I'll still be with you all when its over :)

Congratulations on your Engagement RabiaElaine!! :p

I'm hanging on in with this challenge. I've been faithfully wearing my half-wig and headband for a month now, just three more months to go. :grin:

Although, now that I am thinking about it, I may just keep this going on til next December, but show the results to you girlz and my faithfully anticipating boyfriend in December.

I love this challenge!!! However, this challenge makes me wonder if I will ever see or comb my hair again. :perplexed

ooooooooo
im so happy for everyone and their progress!!
i was on the challening but got a much needed trim :(
maybe next Xmas

Congrats on your engagement RabiaElaine.
I'm still rollersetting and doing buns but I'm going to wear it down in October for my hubbies B-Day.

Congratulations on your engagement RabieElaine!!!! :clapping:

I'm hanging in there with my daily buns!!! I can tell my hair has grown, I'm looking forward to being surprised in December!! :p

Back