Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Month 3 update!

Doll said:
ITA on the bold! I wear a ponytail/bun for most of this challenge and at this point my edges are being very rebellious :lol:. I look in the mirror at work and think ... my hair looks jacked up :(, but that's okay ...Just a little while longer then .... BAM! :woot: ...there it is!

Starting again in Jan sounds good! :)

Ohhh, your hair is pretty...you look like a doll...yah, we should start again in Jan...ok...let's do this..should she hide so long though...what about for three months at a time..when we get a touch up..show progress... and then back to hiding...what do you think?

tsmith said:
Ohhh, your hair is pretty...you look like a doll...yah, we should start again in Jan...ok...let's do this..should she hide so long though...what about for three months at a time..when we get a touch up..show progress... and then back to hiding...what do you think?

Aw shucks! ...Thanks tsmith! I think I get what you are saying. Maybe we should only do the lengthy challenge "hide til Christmas" at the same time annually, and do shorter (3 months a part) progress reports throughout the year. Is that right???

tsmith said:
Ok, I am reallllly excited about this..I really am...I can't wait to see everyone's progress..I mean we hide our progress pictures for 6 months, a half of year...man that's a long time..:) It seems like alot of us is trying to stretch all the way until the BIG Day....that's going to be my personal challenge...to stretch all the way until the BIG DAY...I don't care how thick, coarse, wild,and krazzyy I look...I'm stretching BABY...Imma do disssssss...this was a goooooddddd challenge and so far I am very happy with the results...we should do another one..after this one ends...starting in Jan....Whadda u think?:)

WHERE'S RABIA?

Me too, I just counted and it's actually going to be 7or 8 months for me since I took any update pics b/c I didn't take many pics before my last official progress pics were May 2006.

Doll said:
Aw shucks! ...Thanks tsmith! I think I get what you are saying. Maybe we should only do the lengthy challenge "hide til Christmas" at the same time annually, and do shorter (3 months a part) progress reports throughout the year. Is that right???

I like that idea too :grin: . 3 months apart is pretty good and then we could do the hide your hair until christmas again towards the end of 2007. i'm for it ;)

ak46 said:
I like that idea too :grin: . 3 months apart is pretty good and then we could do the hide your hair until christmas again towards the end of 2007. i'm for it ;)
Sounds good I think I can hang with the 3 month 1 later next year.
I don't know if I can do another hide hair until xmas again. :look:

Doll said:

Right, Right...we can post pictures every 3 months when or if we touchup..show progress...then right back into hiding...for 3 more months...show progress...and then back in hiding...What do you think? The six months hiding is damn near killing me:lol: but I'm happy with the progress so far...so whadda u ladies think...3 month hiding or 6 month hiding? We should still wear protective styles though because that is key:)

tsmith said:
Right, Right...we can post pictures every 3 months when or if we touchup..show progress...then right back into hiding...for 3 more months...show progress...and then back in hiding...What do you think? The six months hiding is damn near killing me:lol: but I'm happy with the progress so far...so whadda u ladies think...3 month hiding or 6 month hiding? We should still wear protective styles though because that is key:)
Sounds like a good idea. But I need a break after this long hiding challenge though.

ak46 said:

That's a GREAT idea ak46.. do the hide hair challenge for 3 months..show progress...back in hiding for another 3 months...show progress... and then finish the last 6 months doing another hide hair til christmas challenge again:)

SO WHO'S GOING TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL?

Last edited:
Lucia said:
Sounds like a good idea. But I need a break after this long hiding challenge though.

Lucia, you're going to get your break:grin: because it's going to be 3 months at a time BUT the last 6 months is going to be the BIG challenge...come on you can do dissss:)

I'm not flat ironing until the end of December, like the 29th or 30th. I'll be out of town from the 23rd to the 27th and I don't want to straighten my hair until after I get back. I hope to have some progress pictures in my fotki then. That will be my starting point for my mid-back challenge for June 2007 (provided I grow my hair to BSL by December).

Sorry I haven't been around ladies! I've been really bad about getting on LHCF regularly. I agree with all of your ideas here. We should definitely do a modified version of this challenge starting in 2007. I am personally planning to continue hiding. I'm not sick of it yet. It's so nice not having to style my hair and knowing that it's hidden from the elements especially from the winter coats that we are starting to have to wear. Anyway I'm going to start another update thread.

Back