Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

OK!! I was late getting the message about cutting the slits in the wig cap so I will do that next time!!! Right now I just decided to go naked under the lace front...my hair is cornrowed and I just put the lacefront wig on!!! I pin the back cause I can't even be bothered with that!!! It feels fine so far though!!! BUT---them damn Africans decided they needed to blow dry my hair in order to braid it and that mess was hurting AND I swear I lost some hair with the pulling/combing and drying...SO next time if I decide to go to the African shop I am going to have to make sure my hair is completely air dried and sectioned off for them and tell them to just BRAID IT!!! I wish I still lived in the hood cause then I could go across the street and have TT and them cornrow it for 20 bucks! Then I told this heifer I just wanted straight backs and only like 6-8 of them...of course I have about 10-12 in some Allen Iverson type of style!! I gotta get this thing DOWN!!! It's only been about 3 weeks!!! Oh and also I havent been able to get a hold for longer than a week so I will be switchin up on the adhesives soon!

WHy don't you braid it yourself? There's no reason to waist money to pay someone to braid your hair when it's just going under a wig. My cornrows don't look good at all but I just put my wig on so it doesn't matter. And it's the perfect way to practice cornrowing or flat twisting. Or you could do regular braids under your wig...you could start in the front and feed each braid into the next one so that it all lays flat like cornrows.

I'm still hiding my hair, just not under a wig because I'm trying to stay away from fake hair. So I've been wearing pinned up twistouts and buns. Seems to be working so far.

Checking in again: I made an instant weave out of a kinky straight LF I had. I cut a horse shoe shape at the top, sewed clipped in it, got it thinned and layered. It matches my hair texture well. I will be wearing this on and off.

http://public.fotki.com/kbaw/2009/kinkystraightinstan/

Nice. I need to learn how to do a quick weave.

I have remained in a twistie bun. I am over two months post, so my edges are getting a little rough. I will just continue to bun while it's hot. Once it starts to get cooler, I will cornrow and wear wigs.

Checking in... Got braids last week that I'm hoping to keep in until August. I'll have it done again in August just in time to go back to work. I had just begun co washing every other day when I signed up for this challenge, and I miss that. I'm still co washing, though not as often, and I am trying to adapt my old reggie to my protective style.

Hey ladies!

I blew out my hair today to make bunning it easier and my ends were so stinkin dry/damaged/rough!

I trimmed some of the dry ends off but then I stopped b/c it may just be the heat making them feel so dry b/c when my hair is in its natural state they don't feel bad.

I may do bantu knots tonight to stretch my hair and then bun it. Hopefully I can get a nice elegant bun that I can wear for a few days...

How's everyone else?

Bump, hows it going ladies?

I'm doing great. I've got my fake bun on today. I removed the little thing that was glued to it on the inside. So, now it fits around my hair. Before, it wouldn't go around.

I told ya'll that I bought that HUGE Diva Bun. Well, I tried it, and it's so big that it won't lay on my head completely. :nono: :lachen:And ofcourse, there are no returns on it at the BSS. So, I'm stuck with it. UGH!!

I'm very surprised that I haven't gotten tired of my hair being in a bun. I'm proud of myself. :grin:

Hopefully its not too late for me to sign up. I will post a starting pic ASAP, but count me in.

WELCOME!!!

I'm doing well. I relaxed on Wednesday and wasn't itching to wear my hair down. I've been in buns and ponytails.

I did bantu knots last night so hopefully I'll have a cute style today. I'm planning to do Mwedzi's mega bun. Hopefully it'll look good. If not, I'll just pin it up some kind of way. And I should be taking starting pictures today since my hair will be stretched out (yeah I know I'm extra late :look:).

I'm doing great. I've got my fake bun on today. I removed the little thing that was glued to it on the inside. So, now it fits around my hair. Before, it wouldn't go around.

I told ya'll that I bought that HUGE Diva Bun. Well, I tried it, and it's so big that it won't lay on my head completely. :nono: :lachen:And ofcourse, there are no returns on it at the BSS. So, I'm stuck with it. UGH!!

I'm very surprised that I haven't gotten tired of my hair being in a bun. I'm proud of myself. :grin:

Pics are nice, got any?

I'm still bunning. I thought I'd put some twists in and wear them for 5 days. :nono: They were SO not cute! My twists in the front were looking kinda' anorexic. I took all of them down less than 24 hours after I finished twisting and put my hair back in a bun! :yep:

I finally posted my starting pictures and I more than happy to see what happens in December 15, 2009--I am ready.

I'm lurking in this thread--wasn't sure if I could do six whole months. But I may as well give it a go. I've been in twists since the beginning of June and plan to remain so until September, when I'm allowed to get a fake afro puff for the winter. Lost my d*mned mind over the weekend, so I'm not allowed to buy anything for 2 months. Since I'm trying to get some major growth in a short period of time, I think I can hide my hair until Christmas. Then I'm showin off! :grin:

I'm still bunning. I thought I'd put some twists in and wear them for 5 days. :nono: They were SO not cute! My twists in the front were looking kinda' anorexic. I took all of them down less than 24 hours after I finished twisting and put my hair back in a bun! :yep:

OMG I am still loving that bun, wish mines was that big.:wallbash:

Still wearing my twists. I re-do them every 2-3 days since I only use conditoner. They start looking crazy. Tried wearing a ponytail, but my head hurts after a few hours.

I am still pinning my hair up and bunning. I dont want my fine hairs snagging on anything! On Saturday I did a length check with heat and my jaw dropped- I am *this* close to APL...I kept day dreaming about getting my hair blown out and flat ironed and going to church the next day to shock my family. But you know what? They aren't worth it..not just yet. I am going to keep hiding my hair until December and then- BANG! I am sending a couple of chicks into cardiac arrest!!

Back