Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Heyyyy, I want to join but I'm having a hard time deciding on how to hide my hair, other than bunning. I'm soooo tired of bunning. I did that for almost 4 years and that's how I got to the length I am now. I wanna join, I'll think of a style to put my hair in tonight. I've been enjoying wearing my hair out but now I'm ready to put it back into hiding to get to my goal of WL:grin: Sooooo, I'm in:yep:

Okay, I think I'm in! I will take a wet pic of my length tomorrow. I just cut 5" so I don't intend to get any professional cuts/trims until the end of the year. My goal is not to use scissors at all until then but if it starts to get tangly, I know I'll cave!

Anyway, this is my very first challenge, so we'll see how it goes...

Oooo...Sign me up! :bouncegreThis would be my first challenge, but I think I'm ready for it. And it seems doable for me, considering the three free passes :grin:
I'm actually relaxing tonight (after going 14 weeks), so I will post a starting pic when I'm done.

I already posted my starting pic. Tomorrow I will take a picture of my sew in that I have washed one time already. I have a back up lacefont if i get tired of this sew in

Hey ladies. I just got back from out of town. I will update the list of challengers today.

Where is everyone's starting hair pictures??? If you have not done so, please post your starting hair pictures. If you have to drop out of the challenge, please let me know so that I may remove your name for the list. Thanks.

Good luck everyone!!! :grin:

Hey ladies. I just got back from out of town. I will update the list of challengers today.

Where is everyone's starting hair pictures??? If you have not done so, please post your starting hair pictures. If you have to drop out of the challenge, please let me know so that I may remove your name for the list. Thanks.

Good luck everyone!!! :grin:
MsT, I will post the last pic I had taken from out my fotki album before my braid install a few of weeks ago:yep:, that's what I'll do.

Okay here goes, this pic was taken on May 20th, 2009 so technically, this does not interfere with the Hide Your Hiar challenge that just officially started yesterday.

Please bare in mind that I still have about 5 additional bone-straight ends to take off of it to get to my texlaxed hair, so I still may be at this length at the end of the year once I cut those 5 inches off, but with thicker hair:spinning:.

nother4inchesofftodayMay202009-vi.jpg

Good luck ladies! I reaaaalllly hope this works for me, Im getting a sew-in weave on the 25th! I hope to have gained 3 inches by year end, I think that I've only had 1.5 inches since the beginning of the year.:sad:
--------here are my starting pictures.

Attachments

• th_IMGP3778.jpg
    th_IMGP3778.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 7
  • th_IMGP3791.jpg
    th_IMGP3791.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 6
  • th_IMGP3819.jpg
    th_IMGP3819.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I might have to pm you mine, my hairs all different lengths:look: I will take a new one when my braids come out in around a month

I'm in as well. My starting pic is below....just taken 6.06.09

I've been rocking my phony pony's during my workout week and getting so many complements !! Who knew...the 1b/33 matches my hair color perfectly with the henna and the black cherry Cellophane over my gray hair :lol: that works out to my advantage.

I'm also enjoying Hairveda Almond glaze and Green Tea butter :lick: my hair is so moisturized. It really gets my edges to bow down too :grin:

Sorry no pics. I'm working on a paper now... I taking a mental break and giving my update ... Back to work for me :coffee: I'll be up all night getting this report done.

Procrastination does not pay... oh my I'm :ot: :lol:

ETA: My starting pics are my BKT Pics...
image.php

I'll change my siggy picture this week to one of my pony pics since that's the way I'm wearing it now.

This is my Diana Ross look :lol:
JJ_Ross-1.jpg

MsT, I will post the last pic I had taken from out my fotki album before my braid install a few of weeks ago:yep:, that's what I'll do.

Okay here goes, this pic was taken on May 20th, 2009 so technically, this does not interfere with the Hide Your Hiar challenge that just officially started yesterday.

Please bare in mind that I still have about 5 additional bone-straight ends to take off of it to get to my texlaxed hair, so I still may be at this length at the end of the year once I cut those 5 inches off, but with thicker hair:spinning:.

nother4inchesofftodayMay202009-vi.jpg

Good luck ladies! I reaaaalllly hope this works for me, Im getting a sew-in weave on the 25th! I hope to have gained 3 inches by year end, I think that I've only had 1.5 inches since the beginning of the year.:sad:
--------here are my starting pictures.

Ladies, please post your starting photos in the Starting Photos thread. See below. It would be a lot easier once we reveal if all pictures are in the same place. Thanks.

Okay ladies. I have started the starting photos thread.

6 Months Hide Your Hair Challenge: Starting Photos

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=7990397#post7990397

I think I will flat iron tonight.

Okay ladies. I tried really hard to update the list of challengers. I think keeping that updated was harder than hiding my hair will be. :look: I apologize if I missed or forgot to remove anyone. If I did, please let me know.

I will no longer add new names to the list (if you join AFTER this post). If you want to join after today, June 16, 2009, feel free to post your starting picture in the starting picture thread (link can be found on the first page of this thread). If you join the challenge late, please be sure to post the date of your starting photo.

I will be posting my pics around June 25 when I relax because I have already used too much heat.

That's fine. :grin:

is it too late to join?

Nope. Let me know so I can add your name to the list since you posted this before the challenge started.

I took my first one day pass. I just washed and rollerset last night, so I let my curls hang. I did try to semi-protect my ends by wearing a halter top so my ends wouldn't brush again a cotton shirt all day long. Instead, they brushed against my back. I know my hair oils have given me a mild case of back-ne, but I use the Neutrogena acne Body Wash and Scrub in that area to help.

I agree with Shay; don't count that as a pass.

Ok here is the deal before this challenge started I was stretching and I am planning on getting a relaxer this Friday. I'm going to use my first pass. Then two weeks later I will put a sew in for my birthday. I will have that on for about a month,then I am going to go back to my half wigs. Can someone please tell me how do I post pics in a thread? Thanks

So will you wear your hair down the entire two weeks before you get the sew in?

To post pictures, you first have to have an online album on like photobucket or something. Try to do a search on how to do it. It's hard for me to explain.

Last edited:
I'm still in braids myself and will redo them when it's time for them to come down after a weeks of DCing.

I just found out that pure aloe gel is excellent for laying down my edges and nape!! Way better than the IC gel. I'm rocking the pony's and the half wigs and loving it!!

Ladies I gotta question...im using my 1st pass next week for a party. That way I can post my start pic too. Will I be using more than one pass if I leave my hairout for more than one day? I just can't pay 70.00 to have to hide my hair the next day. Can I atleast get 3-5 days out of this pass? Then hide again :ohwell:

Ladies I gotta question...im using my 1st pass next week for a party. That way I can post my start pic too. Will I be using more than one pass if I leave my hairout for more than one day? I just can't pay 70.00 to have to hide my hair the next day. Can I atleast get 3-5 days out of this pass? Then hide again :ohwell:

I think you can wear it out for up to two weeks and that only counts as 1 pass

Man I wanna reason to use my pass.
I havent use my curlformers in 4 months.....Someone need to have an event.

I just found out that pure aloe gel is excellent for laying down my edges and nape!! Way better than the IC gel. I'm rocking the pony's and the half wigs and loving it!!

Oooohhh....I gotta try that!!! :yep:

Sorry...it's one pass per day!!!!

Just playing. :lachen: One pass per style (however long that style lasts). :grin:

I've been wearing the wig for two weeks and I'm bored with it already. I cant wait for December. I know it will be worth it but I'm getting very impatient.

And I need to keep my hair braided under the wig because last week I didnt and i got lots of tangles.

I've been wearing the wig for two weeks and I'm bored with it already. I cant wait for December. I know it will be worth it but I'm getting very impatient.

And I need to keep my hair braided under the wig because last week I didnt and i got lots of tangles.

What wig did you get?Is it thin or thick? Is it hot or cool?
Right now im in a phony pony....its too hot to wig it :lol: But I need one for emergencies.

im getting bored with this wig even though i love it. everytime i want to stop wearing it i think about how my hair will snag on my shirts:wallbash: i may get a full head wig soon

Ms Twana you had me scared :lol:

:lachen::lachen:

Yeah, keeping your hair braided is a good idea.

im getting bored with this wig even though i love it. everytime i want to stop wearing it i think about how my hair will snag on my shirts:wallbash: i may get a full head wig soon

Girl, I know that's right. I enjoy wearing my hair down for like a day. Then it starts to snag and I'm like, "time to put it up!!" :lachen:

My hair is currently the following length shown in pictures below. My avatar is the protective style I will be using throughout this challenge and my transition. :grin:

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

Back