Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

I'm still going strong too...though I had a job interview and did loose bantu knots for a wavy look, but I pinned into a pony tail. Some of the hair dangled in "curly-cute," kind of style but nobody could tell my hair's real length.

I'm prepooing now and getting ready to shampoo and go in a rollerset to try to straighten my NG. Doing a corrective this week, probably Thursday, after my relaxer didn't take. And my NG got knotted up in some parts. I really think it's from all the bunning lately. so I'll be doing some serious detangling when I condition and hopefully the rollerset will keep my NG as straight as possible for the relaxer....

Installing a new set of extension braids after 2 weeks of loose (looser) hair which I absolutely adored. I also still need to post my starting pictures (blushes), I've been soooo busy! Will strive to do so before tomorrow comes to an end. I really am loving this challenge!!!!

I'm still hiding with no problems at all. I brought 2 more synthetic lacefronts too switch it up a bit I think I will be back at the BSS for a few more within the next few weeks. I'm washing/DC-ing once a week and hair is conrowed underneath.

still in half wigs and just started the full cap yesterday, im loving it.. I have on a bob look with a bang right now by freetress, cant think of her name though, and i have gotten so many compliments today its not even funny, even though DH says he likes Lyon girl much better.. I think he's into the length, lol

I'm still hanging in there too. I've been wigging it with my hair cornrowed underneath. I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks so I may braid it this weekend. I love the wigs though cause I can get to my hair/scalp daily if I need too.

Good luck everyone.

My ends are so raggedy:nono: I have to do something! :sad:
The dilemma is should I get a trim or cut now? Or should I just wait till December to trim or cut and just continue to hide the ragged ends?

I'm hiding in canerows and plaits right now (NHA), and my ends are not happy with the recent blowing spree I've been on. It was breaking after I took out my twists which were done almost 4 weeks ago...

Is it too late to join? The last time I wore my hair out was June 6. I'll add a pic to the photo thread from that weekend. I'm planning to keep my hair hidden through the end of the year, at least. An exception will likely be for my sister's wedding 9/12 (by her request).

Is it too late to join? The last time I wore my hair out was June 6. I'll add a pic to the photo thread from that weekend. I'm planning to keep my hair hidden through the end of the year, at least. An exception will likely be for my sister's wedding 9/12 (by her request).

Wow! The braid out in your siggy is absolutely stunning!!:yep:

Checking in:

I have been consistent with hiding my hair. I also challenged myself to wear my natural hair without extensions put in ( this is a first ...since I was 4) and it turns out that I actually like learning my real hair. I think it's necessary for me to do it now, because if I wait until I reach my goal I may not fully be able to enjoy it ( I would be spending a significant amount of time just trying to simply deal with it and find what works to maintain it), if I only stay good at straight styling and braid styling(with extensions). So I am becoming an expert on my hair no matter what state/style it's in (natural styles, no hair added is the one thing I have never tried-on myself that is). That way when I reach my goal I can just work on keeping it how I like it styled not running into beginner setbacks that I can learn from now. So my hair is hidden in natural twists, buns braids, and head coverings. I am experimenting with different styles and have liked most of them...and the head coverings are more so an extra protection tool for summer and a cute hair accessory than me hiding my hairstyle, because so far most of my styles tried I have liked under the head covering (hats, scarves, berets) and all of them are styled to shrink.

Still hiding my hair - under a full wig this week, its a short sassy style, i've been receiving lots of compliments.. the new growth on the edges is too much to do the half wig now, so i'll be in full cap until September when I relax..

Still hiding my locks with braids:grin:.

I saw the picture you posted here of braids you had before and it really made me want to get the exact same ones. But man, my edges would not be able to handle it. I'm still tempted though.

Still hiding my hair in a bun because I'm lazy. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy weave hair that's 400$. It is reusable though so I would get my money's worth. We'll see. I need to decide something soon so I can get it done before school starts.

One month down :yay:five more to go!!! :grin: :look:

My ends are so raggedy:nono: I have to do something! :sad:
The dilemma is should I get a trim or cut now? Or should I just wait till December to trim or cut and just continue to hide the ragged ends?

IDK. If you leave it alone, you'll REALLY get to see some growth in Dec, but the split ends may split more and make your hair more fragile. If you trim a little a month, you may not be able to tell how much progress you really have in Dec. If you cut now you may have to change your hair length goals. IDK. :perplexed

Is it cool to join this challenge?
I have been rocking a wig since May 1st. We'll see where this goes...

Welcome!!!

Checking in:

I have been consistent with hiding my hair. I also challenged myself to wear my natural hair without extensions put in ( this is a first ...since I was 4) and it turns out that I actually like learning my real hair. I think it's necessary for me to do it now, because if I wait until I reach my goal I may not fully be able to enjoy it ( I would be spending a significant amount of time just trying to simply deal with it and find what works to maintain it), if I only stay good at straight styling and braid styling(with extensions). So I am becoming an expert on my hair no matter what state/style it's in (natural styles, no hair added is the one thing I have never tried-on myself that is). That way when I reach my goal I can just work on keeping it how I like it styled not running into beginner setbacks that I can learn from now. So my hair is hidden in natural twists, buns braids, and head coverings. I am experimenting with different styles and have liked most of them...and the head coverings are more so an extra protection tool for summer and a cute hair accessory than me hiding my hairstyle, because so far most of my styles tried I have liked under the head covering (hats, scarves, berets) and all of them are styled to shrink.

Girl, your hair looks beautiful. I'm glad you quit hiding it from the world. How long is your hair now?? It looks pretty long, so I'm SURE it'll be a lot for you to deal with in Dec. :yep:

Wow! The braid out in your siggy is absolutely stunning!!:yep:

WOWZERS.....:shocked::thud::lovedrool:

Did you see that starting hair picture???

My goodness girl....that is a BEAUTIFUL head of hair. What's your goal length??

I am over my hiding hair blues...I am back to being motivated. You would be surprised how hair accessories can spazz up your whole hair.

I know, right? :yep:!

WOWZERS.....:shocked::thud::lovedrool:

Did you see that starting hair picture???

My goodness girl....that is a BEAUTIFUL head of hair. What's your goal length??

Thank you guys!

I look forward to my hair being hip length straight but my real goal is for it to reach at least bra stra curly. I have sooo much shrinkage it will have to be super long straight to reach that goal. Right now I'm nearly WL straight and above SL with a wash n go.

I saw the picture you posted here of braids you had before and it really made me want to get the exact same ones. But man, my edges would not be able to handle it. I'm still tempted though.

Thanks msa. I got them done pretty much the same way except they were waist length the third time around instead of hip length. Thankfully, my edges are pretty strong. They only seem to suffer when I constantly wear weaves and instant wigs for an extended period of time for some reason.

Last edited:
Oooh I wanna join!! I've been bunning for a little over a month, only wearing my hair down on the weekends. But for the next 5 months, I want to try bunning exclusively, except on seriously special occasions. Right now, I think that will be twice before Dec. 15. Jamie Fox concert in sept. and high school homecoming in oct. Other than that I'll be bunning my way to brastrap or even middle back!!

I took my extension braids down on Monday and this is the protective style wig I'm wearing right now:

AgathaNov1st2007-vi.jpg

Back