Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

What wig did you get?Is it thin or thick? Is it hot or cool?
Right now im in a phony pony....its too hot to wig it :lol: But I need one for emergencies.

It's a half wig. Its kinda thick. I was trying to make it look a little thinner but I got lazy. I think it does make me hot sometimes because I wear a headband in the front of my head also.

As soon as I get home, I take it off. If I'm not outside the wig is off!

I'm itching to take these braids out even though its only been a month:perplexed, I will get it fixed up a bit and try to last for another 3 weeks

It's a half wig. Its kinda thick. I was trying to make it look a little thinner but I got lazy. I think it does make me hot sometimes because I wear a headband in the front of my head also.

:lol: I usually snatch mine off as soon as I get in the house too. I've been alternating between buns/phony ponys and a curly half wig lately. Thinking about getting braids again.

Is it too late to join?

I have been on a personal challenge to hide my hair, but ths thread would provide me with lots of support:
picture.php

I am bunning now, but losing the battle with tangles. I am planning on getting kinky twists soon...

Just checking in ladies,

So far, my hair and I are best buds. I am staying on top of my moisture/protein/porosity and it is paying off. My goal is to stretch for 6 months and relax in Oct(although now that I think about it this would make it 7 months) for my birthday and getting color. Lately, I have been deep conditioning/dcw three times a week, bagging/sealing daily, and keeping my hair covered at all times(the only time my hair is out is when I shampoo it). Hopefully, I will be all one length when I self-relax in Oct.

ADVICE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE Naturals that get braids or weaves... tell me the rules to retaining growth with them. Im scared to get a weave or braids because Im afraid of matting,not being able to wash them or just breakage.

:lol: I usually snatch mine off as soon as I get in the house too. I've been alternating between buns/phony ponys and a curly half wig lately. Thinking about getting braids again.
I do the same thing. I can't wait to get out of the car and through the door before i yank the thing off myself:lol:. I love them but I can't stand to have them on in the house:nono:.

Just checking in ladies,

So far, my hair and I are best buds. I am staying on top of my moisture/protein/porosity and it is paying off. My goal is to stretch for 6 months and relax in Oct(although now that I think about it this would make it 7 months) for my birthday and getting color. Lately, I have been deep conditioning/dcw three times a week, bagging/sealing daily, and keeping my hair covered at all times(the only time my hair is out is when I shampoo it). Hopefully, I will be all one length when I self-relax in Oct.

Whoa, color? What color are you putting in MHP? Are you bleaching it or putting in a permanent color?

HEY All.. i'm probably starting a bit late but i so want to join this challenge.! i'm great at keeping my hair hidden so count me in.. will post pictures later on when i'm actually at home.:grin:

Checking in: I'm hiding my hair by wearing wigs. I've been wearing my curly wig with a flower as an accessory.

getting my weave on the 25th! cant wait, ill be keeping it in for two months, Ill check in to post a pic.

Checking in: I have been in a lace front since June 12th! I have some concerns that I am going to have to figure out ASAP or I may start having set backs. For example, I am concerned about how tight this damn wig cap is...it leaves lines in my head and I KNOW that ain't good for my hairline so I'll have to figure something out quick! Also, I am struggling with braided my hair so I think this weekend I will wash, condition, air dry it, and then go to an african braiding shop so that they can cornrow it--hopefully by then I would have figured out the wig cap dilemma

Checking in: I have been in a lace front since June 12th! I have some concerns that I am going to have to figure out ASAP or I may start having set backs. For example, I am concerned about how tight this damn wig cap is...it leaves lines in my head and I KNOW that ain't good for my hairline so I'll have to figure something out quick! Also, I am struggling with braided my hair so I think this weekend I will wash, condition, air dry it, and then go to an african braiding shop so that they can cornrow it--hopefully by then I would have figured out the wig cap dilemma

Get some scissors and cut a small slit on each side of the wig cap. This will help to make it looser. Don't cut too much or it will slide back.

Hey everyone I'm checking in. I'll be posting my starting pic in the other thread in a few minutes. I'm currently in a weave with braids in the front. I'll be taking these down in a while and putting some lace braids in. I'll update a picture then mean while my current style will be in my avatar later this evening. HHG!

Last edited:
Checking in...I am presently 5 weeksi in my braids extensions and will try to wear them at least another 3 weeks, although 4 additional weeks is more desirable for me.

OK!! I was late getting the message about cutting the slits in the wig cap so I will do that next time!!! Right now I just decided to go naked under the lace front...my hair is cornrowed and I just put the lacefront wig on!!! I pin the back cause I can't even be bothered with that!!! It feels fine so far though!!! BUT---them damn Africans decided they needed to blow dry my hair in order to braid it and that mess was hurting AND I swear I lost some hair with the pulling/combing and drying...SO next time if I decide to go to the African shop I am going to have to make sure my hair is completely air dried and sectioned off for them and tell them to just BRAID IT!!! I wish I still lived in the hood cause then I could go across the street and have TT and them cornrow it for 20 bucks! Then I told this heifer I just wanted straight backs and only like 6-8 of them...of course I have about 10-12 in some Allen Iverson type of style!! I gotta get this thing DOWN!!! It's only been about 3 weeks!!! Oh and also I havent been able to get a hold for longer than a week so I will be switchin up on the adhesives soon!

I am checking in. I should be uploading pics this weekend of my hair as a starting pictures since I am relaxing on Friday. I am bunning my hair and using half wigs as protective styles.

OK!! I was late getting the message about cutting the slits in the wig cap so I will do that next time!!! Right now I just decided to go naked under the lace front...my hair is cornrowed and I just put the lacefront wig on!!! I pin the back cause I can't even be bothered with that!!! It feels fine so far though!!! BUT---them damn Africans decided they needed to blow dry my hair in order to braid it and that mess was hurting AND I swear I lost some hair with the pulling/combing and drying...SO next time if I decide to go to the African shop I am going to have to make sure my hair is completely air dried and sectioned off for them and tell them to just BRAID IT!!! I wish I still lived in the hood cause then I could go across the street and have TT and them cornrow it for 20 bucks! Then I told this heifer I just wanted straight backs and only like 6-8 of them...of course I have about 10-12 in some Allen Iverson type of style!! I gotta get this thing DOWN!!! It's only been about 3 weeks!!! Oh and also I havent been able to get a hold for longer than a week so I will be switchin up on the adhesives soon!

This entire post :lachen::lachen::lachen:!

My hair is giving some problems right now. For some reason I'm having problems with dryness, seems like i can't get enough moisture in there and I'm only 12 weeks posts grrr.

I've been wearing buns so far and one attempt at a phony pony. I think I will get an afro puff so as to match my texture.

Oh yeah, I've also been baggying my ends

Back