Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Took braids out a week and a half ago, been wearing loose, twists, braids and will try a braidout tomorrow evening, then I'll install a new set of braids this weekend, I hope.... Will take and post pics soon, I promise....

Joining is spirit if not officially. Dec 15 is about time for my touch up and I should be full APL by then!

Still hiding my hair...I've been too lazy to do anything else. I've just been rinsing and bunning. I'll be weaving it up soon though.

I have been bunning my hair but ever since I started this challenge it is as though now I have the urge to wear my hair down(I am thinking to myself WTF). But I have been half-wiggin it and as soon as I relaxed on July 3--I put it in a bun after taking length check pictures. I think my solution is to purchase more half-wigs to help me with my dilemma.

I'm still hiding (even though I'm having a heck of a time with the two texture on my head right now (I'm over 7 months post).
I'm bunning for right now, but I did buy a 1/2 wig last weekend.
I'm also thinking about buying a few more on hair sisters.

I have been bunning my hair but ever since I started this challenge it is as though now I have the urge to wear my hair down(I am thinking to myself WTF). But I have been half-wiggin it and as soon as I relaxed on July 3--I put it in a bun after taking length check pictures. I think my solution is to purchase more half-wigs to help me with my dilemma.

Yeah, just buy some more half wigs, and you'll be fine. :yep:

I'm still hiding (even though I'm having a heck of a time with the two texture on my head right now (I'm over 7 months post).

7 months post...WOW. Are you transitioning, or just a long stretch??

I just got an email on lacefronts being on sale at hair sisters. I think I'll get a couple. Does anyone know if hair sisters or clair sisters is better for buying wigs??

OFF TOPIC: where did you get that hair band from? It looks really cute around your bun

ON TOPIC: Hiding my hair in buns. I am counting down seconds until I get myself some kinky twists to help me out with this tangling I am experiencing.

Im still bunning at the moment. I will order me a wig soon cause Im tired of this damn bun, its been a whole month in them.....

We are almost at a month ladies. For some it has already been a month.

Part of me wants to rollerset my hair, then put it in a bun; just to straighten it some. Then part of me wants to do a twistout or braidout. But in all actuality...LAZY me is going to just put it right back in this bun. :lachen:

Im still bunning at the moment. I will order me a wig soon cause Im tired of this damn bun, its been a whole month in them.....

That's how I feel too. I try to switch it up but I end up going back to the same bun because its simple. I get paid this week, so I may go hunting for some decent ones.

We are almost at a month ladies. For some it has already been a month.

Part of me wants to rollerset my hair, then put it in a bun; just to straighten it some. Then part of me wants to do a twistout or braidout. But in all actuality...LAZY me is going to just put it right back in this bun. :lachen:

You sound just like me. I always have these big hair plans and in the end it just goes right back in a bun.

In other news, I'm about to order the hair for my weave so hopefully I'll put that in soon and that way I'll really be hiding my hair. And, it'll be easier to be lazy.

Girl, I feel your pain. I broke down and spent all my money on a wig this weekend. I can't do the bun thing and low-manipulation is the way I wanna go.

This is the lacefront wig that I bought to hide my hair until I get money to stock up from the BSS and I will order more from Hairsisters.com. It has combs and adjustable tabs--it is called FREETRESS EQUAL LACE FRONT WIG MEAGAN(FUTURA):

Lace Front Wig.jpg

I'm doing well. I'm still loving and doing twists for about 2 weeks, then a twist out for two days and then repeat the cycle. I plan to do this for the remainder of the year.

Retwisted last night. I do the same as Nixx except I have to retwist every week. If I go two weeks my hair starts to matt and dread, no matter how much water, deep conditioning, etc. I do to it. Besides, I have so many products, I have to use them up! :grin:

So excited! I am rocking my kinky twists. I get to take a break from manipulating my hair. Plus it helps to keep my hair obsession in check when I can't see my hair. I am trying really hard to keep these in until December. I will be redoing them along the way, of course.

I took my sew in out and now I have been in individual braids for about 2 weeks. I know I am going to go back to my sew in very soon because I loved it

Just checking in: Still wearing my extension braids. I wonder if I should wear wigs for about 2 weeks when I take these down, hmmm!

JOINING!!

I will be getting my first sew in week after next. My stylist says I can keep it in for 3 months (with my natural hair lurking underneath), but we'll see :look: Personally, I think I can only handle it for 6 weeks at the most.

Back