Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

I would like to include a starting pic but I have wayyy more hair to have cut off first for this texlax transition. I just might submit what I have to date when I return home in a couple of days.

I think I want in on this one. I cut my hair a couple of weeks ago and I have a pic from that I can post as my starting point.

I'd like to join. I"m in the no trims til the end of the year, so hopefully if I hide my hair I can do it. I'm growing out my layers and the shortest layers are approaching APL. I'm going to get my first sew-in weave. I plan on doing a blunt cut in December. Hopefully that will be below APL.

Starting pic: 5/8/09

309.jpg

Last edited:
Okay ladies. It's been a busy week for me. Sorry for not checking in, updating challengers, or posting my own picture. I will be going out of town tomorrow. So, I will try my best to post my picture tonight. After tonight (or maybe at work tomorrow) I won't have access to internet until Monday night. And that's the day the challenge starts.

So, make sure you are posting your starting picture in the starting pictures thread. And make sure you start hiding that hair on Monday. :yep:

I've been rocking my phony pony's during my workout week and getting so many complements !! Who knew...the 1b/33 matches my hair color perfectly with the henna and the black cherry Cellophane over my gray hair :lol: that works out to my advantage.

I'm also enjoying Hairveda Almond glaze and Green Tea butter :lick: my hair is so moisturized. It really gets my edges to bow down too :grin:

Sorry no pics. I'm working on a paper now... I taking a mental break and giving my update ... Back to work for me :coffee: I'll be up all night getting this report done.

Procrastination does not pay... oh my I'm :ot: :lol:

ETA: My starting pics are my BKT Pics...
image.php

I'll change my siggy picture this week to one of my pony pics since that's the way I'm wearing it now.

This is my Diana Ross look :lol:
JJ_Ross-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to join! I have one synthetic half wig right now and two more on the way. I'm excited because this will be my first challenge I've done. I'll post my starting pic as soon as I find my memory card :yep:

I'm in since I'll be in twists and twistouts for the rest of the year. I took some pics. I'll upload them and post them tonight or on the weekend.

I would love too join if it's not too late. I haven't relaxed since May of last year and I'm aiming for another year. I'm wearing my new lacefront synthetic right now which I'm in loooooove with and I have another one I haven't cracked open yet so hiding my hair won't be an issue. :yep:

I have to drop out of this one :sad: I will be hiding my hair, but I want to do a 6 month hair update in August and its against the rules.
Good luck Ladies :up:

I wanna be in. I just got a relaxer on 6/11 and I am trying to make it APL by my b-day so I will be hiding my hair by bunning and wigs.

I'm going to have to drop out. I realize I haven't had enough time to play with my hair yet. Hopefully I cna make the next round. Good luck ladies.

I took my first one day pass. I just washed and rollerset last night, so I let my curls hang. I did try to semi-protect my ends by wearing a halter top so my ends wouldn't brush again a cotton shirt all day long. Instead, they brushed against my back. I know my hair oils have given me a mild case of back-ne, but I use the Neutrogena acne Body Wash and Scrub in that area to help.

I took my first one day pass. I just washed and rollerset last night, so I let my curls hang. I did try to semi-protect my ends by wearing a halter top so my ends wouldn't brush again a cotton shirt all day long. Instead, they brushed against my back. I know my hair oils have given me a mild case of back-ne, but I use the Neutrogena acne Body Wash and Scrub in that area to help.

IMO since the challenge doesn't officially start until Monday (6/15) I say hold onto that pass.

Ok here is the deal before this challenge started I was stretching and I am planning on getting a relaxer this Friday. I'm going to use my first pass. Then two weeks later I will put a sew in for my birthday. I will have that on for about a month,then I am going to go back to my half wigs. Can someone please tell me how do I post pics in a thread? Thanks

Back