Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

I have 1 more week before I take these braids down. I will order me a LF from HS to wear until the 15th.....

Last edited:
I've just been wearing my hair pinned up. I'm thinking about buying some cute hair toys to make it more interesting.

I used my first pass today for my friends baby shower!!! YAY!!!

My friends were like, "Oh my goodness....your hair is so long!!" :yep:

Last edited:
I used my first pass today for my friends baby shower!!! YAY!!!

My friends were like, "Oh my goodness....your hair is so long!!" :yep:

Twana, you are such a tease! You know I wanna' see. Can't wait for the Dec. reveal... yall's not mine! I honestly feel like mine is at a stand still.

Last edited:
I don't post often but definitely still in the challenge. Just took out my sew-in of a month. I cannot wait to see my progress in December.

Twana, you are such a tease! You know I wanna' see. Can't wait for the Dec. reveal... yall's not mine! I honestly feel like mine is at a stand still.

I know. I'm sorry. I only wore it down for two days. I kept feeling it snag on my shirt. :wallbash: So I couldn't really enjoy it much. I was back in a bun yesterday. :yep: That is the absolute crazy part; I just can't get over how much I actually WANNA wear my hair in a bun. :lachen:

And don't get too excited, my friends are just used to seeing my hair at right below shoulder length, and so was I. I can't wait for the reveal either. And I'm sure your hair is just fine. With those HUGE WAVES you've got, I'm sure you get LOTS of shrinkage.

The next time I wear my hair down, I wanna do a cheat rollerset. I really wanna wash my hair tonight and practice a 1 ponytail rollerset. I'll still just be putting my hair in a bun. But, I wanna see how it would look. If it looks okay, I'll do that next time I wear it down.

The challenge is winding down. I'm getting excited. I can't wait to see the reveals. I really hope I make BSL (fingers crossed). Oh yeah and I'm still wigging it :)

I got bored and did a rollerset the other day... Back to a moisturized bun now. :yep:

Attachments

• 1026 - RollersetC.jpg
    1026 - RollersetC.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1026 - RollersetB.jpg
    1026 - RollersetB.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 10
Qurlyqt - your roller set came out so pretty! What size rollers did you use??

Im hiding under buns and half wigs now, cant wait for my new shipment of wigs to get here, cause I am officially bored..

MsBhaven your braids look really nice as well.. I am so scared of the braids though, I had some rows in Feb and they took out 85% of my edges..

Thanks! I used the green ones at the nape and black (they are the exact same size as the pink) everywhere else.

MsBhaven your braids look really nice as well.. I am so scared of the braids though, I had some rows in Feb and they took out 85% of my edges..
I told her not to do them tight. They have been up for a month now, I'm finna take them down and get me a wig.

Okay, I wore my hair down again today. I did a rollerset last night. I'm trying to practice for the real one that I have to do Wednesday night. :grin: I wasn't actually showing my length, since I wore it curly. But, I'll take away my pass anyway. Dang...I will have used all of my passes in a matter of 3 weeks. After this week, I won't have anymore passes!!! :look: :lachen:

Oooohhhhh.......can I last that long. :lachen:

Still wigging it. I have been taking care of my hair under the wig but since I had to cut it, I dont feel comfortable wearing it out yet. So I will be wigging it until July. It should grow back by then.

I'm planning on making my own half wig. I'm not impressed with any of the afro wigs I've come across, and refuse to spend more on s&h than an actual purchase online. Wish me luck!

I just finished taking my braids down, and please yall remind me not to get them again.
I asked my mom does she think I will make APL by Dec09 and that lady told me no. Forget her!

Back