Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Checking in- I gave myself pixie twists last weekend and wore them mostly in a bun all week. They held up well, but they were so small that I was concerned about knots so I took them out this evening. I'm going to pre poo overnight with coconut oil, wash with some diluted MyHoneyChild shampoo that I want to use up, DC with heat, and then do some bigger twists for next week. I'm going to let my hair dry in braids to try to stretch it and avoid direct heat.
As much as I love playing in my hair and trying out some new styles, I miss my regular co-washes and just the feel of water on my scalp. Maybe I can co-wash with fat twists and still manage to bun, but if not I think I'll go back to braids with extensions.

Just checkin' in! Still hiding behind twists. I haven't seen my hair since july. I'm very curious to see my hair especially sice I BC'd on my 2 year anniversary.

I probably have 6 different lengths going on... :-/

Just checkin' in! Still hiding behind twists. I haven't seen my hair since july. I'm very curious to see my hair especially sice I BC'd on my 2 year anniversary.

I probably have 6 different lengths going on... :-/
That's the thing about the BC, growing out to even length takes a while.

My hair is growing out great but I have all these different lengths going on and it's taking forever for my crown to grow down to my length at the nape. I'm going to have to start trimming the nape to give my crown a chance to catch up because I want to have one length. My front is growing great, it's the crown that's going to take the longest to get to the end of the nape hair.

I'll be hiding my hair different ways until I reach my goal. But I'm happy with my progress!! :up:

ETA:
My favorite ways to hide my hair are the UPA clip (phony pony), half wigs and on rare occasions (when I'm over due for my BKT) lace wigs. I wear my UPA Clips most of the time which makes it so easy for me to workout in the mornings before work and still look polished with out much effort or manipulation for my hair. On those days I wear pretty make-up and jewelry to compensate for the pulled back hair. I get so many complements when I do which is amusing to me because in my mind I'm taking the easy route.

Last edited:
Looking for a cute winter wig. I was thinking about getting kinky twists, but I think I'll just end up taking them out early cause I'll miss my hair too much LOL.

Looking for a cute winter wig. I was thinking about getting kinky twists, but I think I'll just end up taking them out early cause I'll miss my hair too much LOL.

Have you had kinky twists before? When I was natural and considering kinky twists, some ladies advised me not to. They said natural hair + yarn hair = a disaster. So, I never tried it.

Have you had kinky twists before? When I was natural and considering kinky twists, some ladies advised me not to. They said natural hair + yarn hair = a disaster. So, I never tried it.

I've had kinky twists and I'm natural. They were self installed, and they did tangle like alot. The trick is, unlike when you have straight hair, you have to really buy quality kinky twist hair so that the fake hair doesn't get into a love affair with your real hair. Before I learned this lesson it would take me like 2 days to take the hair out:ohwell: with a copious amount of oil

Last edited:
I've had them before, but I've never used yarn. I was watching a few tutorials on yt, and I'm considering yarn braids. They warned that only acrylic yarn should be used, wool will lock like nobody's business.

I've had them before, but I've never used yarn. I was watching a few tutorials on yt, and I'm considering yarn braids. They warned that only acrylic yarn should be used, wool will lock like nobody's business.

Oh okay. I didn't want you to have a hair disaster. :grin:

I'm wanting to do BKT. I haven't used a pass yet but I think I just might to BKT and then go back under a half-wig.

I'm getting bored with this sew-in and it's almost been 2.5months! I need some motivation! :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

Heck I would love to get a sew-in at the moment.....Matter fact imma get one when I take these braids down.:rolleyes:

I seen some nice LF on Hair Sisters that I wanna try, may get that instead of a sew-in that way I can still cowash my hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG, I cant wait until 12/15/09. I will be at the beauty shop getting a relaxer, dust, and rollerset. I miss my hair I will be 26 weeks and 5 days LOL.

Last edited:
:nono: I just used my 1st pass and im so disappointed :sad: It wasnt a hairdresser I was familiar with. I went with my cousin. :cry: NEVER AGAIN

I am in my third week wiggin' it. I was going to switch up the wig in November, but I am not tired of it yet, so right now, don't think I will.

Checking in to say that I opted for cornrows instead of the sew-in. So I'll be rocking cornrows with my half wigs ti hide my hair through the end of the year. Happy Hair Growth !!!!

I have 2 half wigs coming tomorrow. I'm excited. The other 3 short wigs I ordered I sent back. I didn't like them.

I seen some nice LF on Hair Sisters that I wanna try.....

OMG, I cant wait until 12/15/09.....I miss my hair....

Man, what chou said!!!! I can't wait either. I keep seeing siggy's of gorgeous hair that's down, and I'm loosing my mind. I'm starting to feel the "straight hair envy" coming on that I used to have while I was natural. I'm proud of myself though. I went 4 months without really caring!!! :yep:

:nono: I just used my 1st pass and im so disappointed :sad: It wasnt a hairdresser I was familiar with. I went with my cousin. :cry: NEVER AGAIN

I'm sorry, hun. Since it was your cousin, you had the chance to curse her out (if she's in your age range). I hope you did!!! :grin:

OH MY GOODNESS. I WANNA WEAR MY HAIR STRAIGHT SOOOOO BAD!!!!!! :wallbash:

Especially since I'll be relaxing soon. I'm really gonna wanna wear my hair down then. I need to throw my lacefront back on!! :yep:

I'm having so much fun hiding my hair. I got my new half wig Coconut Girl by Freetress and I love it.
I'm wearing it backwards because it just looks better that way.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=411100

CIMG0644-1.jpg
CIMG0660-1.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GOODNESS. I WANNA WEAR MY HAIR STRAIGHT SOOOOO BAD!!!!!! :wallbash:

Especially since I'll be relaxing soon. I'm really gonna wanna wear my hair down then. I need to throw my lacefront back on!! :yep:

Hang in there girl!! You can do it!! We don't have much longer to go. The challenge will be over before you know it. Have you used any of your passes? Maybe you should just straighten your hair to get it out of your system and then go back to hiding it.

So I finally used a pass and straighten my hair this weekend using BKT (it's not just hype...it is the TRUTH!!!). I'm back to hiding all the BKT goodness under a half wig...I am committed until December! anyway, I'm excited about the progress and took pics!

Is everyone waiting until 12/15 for the big reveal or can we post pics of our progression along the way.:look:

I'll play by the rules. :grin:

Last edited:
Is everyone waiting until 12/15 for the big reveal or can we post pics of our progression along the way.:look:

I'll play by the rules. :grin:

You BETTA play by the rules!!!!! :bat: :lachen:

Hang in there girl!! You can do it!! We don't have much longer to go. The challenge will be over before you know it. Have you used any of your passes? Maybe you should just straighten your hair to get it out of your system and then go back to hiding it.

No, I haven't used any of my passes yet. I planned to use one for Homecoming. That is a couple of weeks away. I think that's why I'm getting so antsy, cuz I know it's right around the corner.

I'm having so much fun hiding my hair. I got my new half wig Coconut Girl by Freetress and I love it.
I'm wearing it backwards because it just looks better that way.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=411100

CIMG0644-1.jpg
CIMG0660-1.jpg

This is so cute!!!!! Half wigs are the business..

I am still hiding..half wigs and full wigs..I am finally gonna get up my nerve to apply my lacefront and try to leave it on for a week and see how it goes.

Back