Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

checking in - I removed my braids and was pretty excited by the thickness I see and little more length. I let my head rest a bit and then had my 1st weave put in - not sure I am feeling it too much because i left some hair out and seems like I am spending lots of time blending. I think my next weave I will either get hair that is more kinky/curly or not leave any of my hair out. Anywho, I think I will have alot of growth to show in December - :grin::grin:

Love that short pixie wig Kellum. I'm looking for another short flip wig because the ones I have are getting old. I love short wigs more than the long ones believe it or not. I need to start searching again for one.

For now, I will continue to hide my hair with extension braids untill I find it. My braids are 4 weeks old today and I have 3-4 more weeks before taking them down.

Thanks Aggie, yeah I am loving the short hair wigs too. I have 3 more short one coming. I can't wait to change my hair,LOL. :grin:

I was so scared of using a wig to hide my hair, but after I took out my kinky twists, I couldn't do anything with my hair so I had to just get over it. Man, these are THE BEST! I instantly felt like Halle Berry in mine and I am already searching for who my next wig personna will be! I feel I can possibly use wigs throughout my stretch! Just change it up each month:

Attachments

• My Wig Strip.jpg
    My Wig Strip.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 21
Your wig looks very cute!!

I was so scared of using a wig to hide my hair, but after I took out my kinky twists, I couldn't do anything with my hair so I had to just get over it. Man, these are THE BEST! I instantly felt like Halle Berry in mine and I am already searching for who my next wig personna will be! I feel I can possibly use wigs throughout my stretch! Just change it up each month:

Girl, tell your hubbie to get over it. LOL. The first day that I wore my braid out this week, my husband was like, "Oh, you're wearing your real hair today!!!" :look: :lachen:

I know, right! The hubs balked when I told him I was going natural too so clearly, he doesn't always win when it comes to my hair. LOL! He called while I was out trying on wigs last week and when I told him what I was doing, he said, "Don't you have something better to do with your Mommy Time?" Then he had the nerve to say, "The only people who wear wigs are either old or off!" I just shook my head because reality set in that my husband is truly touched!

I like the wig Beans!!!

:lachen::lachen:You and the Denzel insert!!! :lachen::lachen:

I know, right! The hubs balked when I told him I was going natural too so clearly, he doesn't always win when it comes to my hair. LOL! He called while I was out trying on wigs last week and when I told him what I was doing, he said, "Don't you have something better to do with your Mommy Time?" Then he had the nerve to say, "The only people who wear wigs are either old or off!" I just shook my head because reality set in that my husband is truly touched!

My husband didn't like when I was natural either. And he would have asked me if I had something better to do with my time too. :lachen:MEN!!! :lachen:

checking in.... Finally took down my braids and I am so pleased with the growth. I gave my self an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment and then dc'd with heat for about 40 minutes. I used the blow dryer and my cheapie flat iron so that I could do a length check and trimmed about an inch. Then I put my hair in a Southern Tease bun and went out to dinner with the fam to celebrate my b-day. I wanted to put it up in two strand twists tonight, but my daughter likes the bun look so much that she's asked me to wear it to her first game tomorrow. So, the twists will have to wait a day or two. This is the first time my tween has said anything nice about my hair. She teases me about wearing extensions and says nothing about my other style choices, (which consist entirely of ponytails or braids folded into a bun). So when she kept touching my hair and then asking if she could wear hers like mine, I was a little stunned. I will definitely be rocking the Southern Tease bun with pride tomorrow!

Haven't used a pass yet, but that's not unusual because I can't think of the last time I wore my hair out. I'm looking forward to the big reveal, and maybe I'll wear it down for a few days then while I fish for some more compliments from my kid!

I wanted to put it up in two strand twists tonight, but my daughter likes the bun look so much that she's asked me to wear it to her first game tomorrow. So, the twists will have to wait a day or two. This is the first time my tween has said anything nice about my hair. She teases me about wearing extensions and says nothing about my other style choices, (which consist entirely of ponytails or braids folded into a bun). So when she kept touching my hair and then asking if she could wear hers like mine, I was a little stunned. I will definitely be rocking the Southern Tease bun with pride tomorrow!

AWWW - what a wonderful story. I am smiling cause I know how picking tweens can be about what WE do to our hair - especially when we are gonna be around their friends. Enjoy your bun.

I know I still havent posted pics of my braids I will try to do it tomorrow.
But anywho I was in Dallas looking cute and everyone was complimenting and didnt even know I had a wig on in the back. ****I got braids in the front and a wig in the back, got the idea from YT****

Oh yeah beans, you are wotkin' that pixie wig. I like the flip ones but can't seem to find a whole lot of chices in them. I'll keep looking though. I don't mind finding one like yours either:yep:.

You ladies are so wonderful. Everyone is doing a good job! I don't think i've checked in since i've joined. Next year maybe i won't participate.

I'm still wigging it in hopes of being past BSL by Dec. As a matter of fact I have 3 more wigs coming tomorrow yay!! Will post pics soon. :)

Hi Ladies!

I'm still here!:yep:

I've been hiding under twists for the past two weeks. I can't believe I've been sticking to this challenge! I haven't seen my hair straight since July.:grin:

I'm still in twists, washing weekly and moisturizing daily. I don't really think that in this challenge I am going to make it to the next growth goal(because I have been doing some significant trimming) but I do hope that my ends will be in great shape and I will not have regressed any by the end of the challenge. Hopefully with that foundation whatever happens, will happen in my favor.

I'm still doing twists and twist outs. I'm going to try leave my twists in for 4 weeks as opposed to 2 weeks. I plan to touch up my twists as necessary. I will continue to wash and deep condition weekly.

Well ladies I'm still hanging in there. I was getting tired of my full wigs so I purchased a half wig, Ruth by New Born Free. I'm in love! She blends beautifully with my natural 4B hair. I'll use half wigs to get me through the rest of this challenge.

I like the flip ones but can't seem to find a whole lot of chices in them. I'll keep looking though. I don't mind finding one like yours either:yep:.

Thanks Aggie. Have you tried Hairsisters.com? This is where I got mine. They have a nice selection of short wigs :)

Still waiting on my two lace front wigs I ordered off of eBay (all the way from Hong Kong). I did get my Ms. Lola's Adhesive Cream though. That came in like 1 day!! I have my high school reunion this weekend and my brother's firefighter graduation ceremony, but I plan on wearing my hair in a cute natural hair style anyway.

There's 2 other classmates that are going to the reunion that went natural as well, so we gotta represent! :yep:

Im bunning now, got tired of the wigs/ but i really have to do something to spice up this bun.. its doing nothing for me..

Back