Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Its so annoying when people stare at NG lol^^

OK, so I am officially going crazy thinking about my hair growth again. I think its because I'm not doing anything at the moment so when I start college I hope I am able to forget thinking about my goal 24/7:ohwell:

Am getting my hair done very soon so I'm gonna have to pipe up and tell her when stuffs too tight etc.. wish me luck.

Im still protective styling. I received a touch-up on last week I had my progress pics up, but I took em down after I re-read the rules. I've used one pass so far and wore my hair down. Other than that Im still hanging in there.

Still going! I've been trying to put protective styles on my fotki to stay motivated. I'll have progress pics very soon!!!

Still wigging ... and sick of it! Ladies, I am so tired of wearing fake hair! I hate track checking, making sure my wig isn't sliding off, etc. I've been wearing lacefronts and BSS wigs for the past few years with no break. Now that I'm learning how to take care of my hair properly I'd really love to show it off. I'm definitely not going to quit this challenge though. I'm going to dust off an old LF to wear for the next couple months. Thanks for letting me vent!

Still going! I've been trying to put protective styles on my fotki to stay motivated. I'll have progress pics very soon!!!

I saw you on bglh...great styles!! I got some good ideas.

Anyway, still "hiding" in fros and buns. I'll be getting a weave soon.

Still Hiding under my half wig, but I am rocking the head band over the NG because its a beast.. No more blending being done at this point into my stretch.. I was constantly seeing people talk to my NG instead of to me!!!

:lachen::lachen:@ bolded

Still wigging ... and sick of it! Ladies, I am so tired of wearing fake hair! I hate track checking, making sure my wig isn't sliding off, etc. I've been wearing lacefronts and BSS wigs for the past few years with no break. Now that I'm learning how to take care of my hair properly I'd really love to show it off. I'm definitely not going to quit this challenge though. I'm going to dust off an old LF to wear for the next couple months. Thanks for letting me vent!

Where your hair out for a week. Or were a bun or braidout/twistout.

I'm definitely in cause I have been wearing protective styles for a while now and still wearing them until I reach my desired length and then I am going to wear my hair natural.. I can't wait... great thread....

Even though I haven't been on here
for a while, I've been keeping up with this challenge.
I'm taking out me sew in and I'm going to wear a Lace front for 2weeks
then get kinky twists.

I started bunning again yesterday after my wash, I didnt end up doing the henna my hair was still strong from my last session. Maybe I will do one after my next wash.....

I'm definitely in cause I have been wearing protective styles for a while now and still wearing them until I reach my desired length and then I am going to wear my hair natural.. I can't wait... great thread....

Gorgeous hair!!! :yep:

I braid my hair Monday and I've been rocking a lace front this week.

I'm still in----went and got my hair washed and recornrowed today to wear under my lace front---she put crap products in my hair though so next weekend I am going to have to rewash and condition my hair-been in lace fronts since June 12--sick of them but they are sooo easy and convenient---been wearing a straight and long for last three or four weeks so am about to go back to my curly unit for a month or so---still haven't perfected the adhesion; however, I do now kno that tape is a NO NO! I wore it for the last wig and that **** was pullin at my real hair/edges---it's harder to control than the glue---lost about a hand full of hair today but not sure if that's an indication of a problem or just natural loss since the last time I comb my hair was June 30th---oh well! Think I will create a concoction to treat my hair and maybe stimulate growth cause I think my hair only gre 1-1.5 inches in the last two months

I'm still in----went and got my hair washed and recornrowed today to wear under my lace front---she put crap products in my hair though so next weekend I am going to have to rewash and condition my hair-been in lace fronts since June 12--sick of them but they are sooo easy and convenient---been wearing a straight and long for last three or four weeks so am about to go back to my curly unit for a month or so---still haven't perfected the adhesion; however, I do now kno that tape is a NO NO! I wore it for the last wig and that **** was pullin at my real hair/edges---it's harder to control than the glue---lost about a hand full of hair today but not sure if that's an indication of a problem or just natural loss since the last time I comb my hair was June 30th---oh well! Think I will create a concoction to treat my hair and maybe stimulate growth cause I think my hair only gre 1-1.5 inches in the last two months

Try to get a lace front that has combs, just a half wig. That's what mine have.

There are posters here who attach their lacefronts with just bobby pins and look great. You may want to try that to give your edges a break. Or you can buy the little wig combs and attach them to your lacefront.

Also, 1-1.5 inches for two months is great. It's a little bit above average so I hope you don't feel discouraged by that.

There are posters here who attach their lacefronts with just bobby pins and look great. You may want to try that to give your edges a break. Or you can buy the little wig combs and attach them to your lacefront.

Also, 1-1.5 inches for two months is great. It's a little bit above average so I hope you don't feel discouraged by that.
I don't wear the LF any more but the bobby pin method saved my edges!! Good advice!

Still hiding. Everyone is tired of my wigs but I don't care. I wont be showing my hair until it grows back to NL. I just cut it to EL last month.

I just relaxed left my hair out for 1 day, but I didnt go anywhere and I'm back hiding under my half wig today and until this challenge is over!

I bought a new wig and braided my hair down. Kept it braided for a week.....

I detangled it today and I had soooo many broken hairs and shed hair.

I think I am going to try bunning under a wig with a baggie from now on. I could have cried in the shower at all the hair that was coming out of my head and I have had my hair out of the braids since Friday but, just detangled today.

I am not pleased, I hope I can make progress by December but I doubt I will be even close to APL...I ain't counting on it...

Still in kinky twists and I am counting down until these come out!! I'm shopping for a wig now to rock in October...now what to do for Nov and Dec??

Used a pass yesterday. I washed my hair on saturday and airdried it. I loved the way it looked on sunday so I wore it out flowing down my back. Didn't let anyone touch it though.

Still actively hiding my hair as well. I am almost 3 weeks post in extension braids and hopefully 5 more to go.

I rocked a braid out today. I've had 6 plaits in my hair for about 8 days, up under my lace front. So, today I decided to just undo the plaits and where a braidout. :grin:

I've been hiding with braided extensions since June, and I'm getting tired of this look. Trying to figure out what to do from October to December. I think I'm going to try pixie braids on my own hair like Black Masterpiece, but I'm not blessed with thick hair and I'm a little nervous about the amount of scalp showing. I think I need to get used to styling my hair without the benefit of braids, because I don't want to get to a length that pleases me only to lose it all to too much manipulation or something. I'm in a hair funk, that's all. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Ok I need to get serious about hiding my hair. I'm always "technically" hiding it. But wearing it in a puff for 4 days defeats the whole purpose.

I'ma figure something out but I am definitely going to be hiding this hair for real for the last 2 months.

I am still bunning at the moment I have an appointment to get my hair braided on Wednesday.....I will be back with pics.

Back