Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Hey msa, how long did you leave your braids in?

My pixie braids? I think I left them in a week...maybe it was 2. I jus wasn't feeling the look on me and I was scared they were starting to get tangled. It took me forever to get them out too.

I took down my twists because I missed my hair so now I am going to wear my hair curly (via flexirods) in a banana clip.

That doesn't sound so bad. If straightening your hair will make you continue, I say do it. Especially if you haven't used any or your passes yet.

I'm still bunning. I got an email from hairsisters today. I was looking at their lacefronts, and it makes me want to wash and braid my hair today so that I can rock one of my lacefronts. They have a new one that I'm LOVIN!!! Here's the link to it: http://www.clairhair.com/en/Product...&ProductTitle=&o=&b=&pageScale=&Display=&Type=

I did blow it out, no biggie, was ready to see my waves/curls so I washed it the next day. It was my only pass thus far and it really wasn't worth it. I admit, my blowout looks SO much better than it did before my cut! If it could remain like that and just grow down my back, I would be in hair heaven! :yep:

Twana, I :love3: that lacefront! I've never worn one before but you SO have me tempted! If I could rock it without the glue, I might be sold. Since I saw Oprah's interview with Whitney (the first segment, not the 2nd one), I've been wishing for that wig! I really liked it! My husband is so against it... therefore, my hair is in a single inverted french braid right now. I'm not even going to take it down until Sunday and I would go longer if not for church.

Last edited:
Starting to get ansy and wanting to wear my hair out and straight!!! I just got some Flexi 8 clips, so I've been wearing them practically everyday. I'm trying to hang on until December 15.

I did blow it out, no biggie, was ready to see my waves/curls so I washed it the next day. It was my only pass thus far and it really wasn't worth it. I admit, my blowout looks SO much better than it did before my cut! If it could remain like that and just grow down my back, I would be in hair heaven! :yep:

Twana, I :love3: that lacefront! I've never worn one before but you SO have me tempted! If I could rock it without the glue, I might be sold. Since I saw Oprah's interview with Whitney (the first segment, not the 2nd one), I've been wishing for that wig! I really liked it! My husband is so against it... therefore, my hair is in a single inverted french braid right now. I'm not even going to take it down until Sunday and I would go longer if not for church.

Girl, tell your hubbie to get over it. LOL. The first day that I wore my braid out this week, my husband was like, "Oh, you're wearing your real hair today!!!" :look: :lachen:

The lacefronts that I wear don't require glue. They have two combs in the front that I use (just like with a half wig).

Starting to get ansy and wanting to wear my hair out and straight!!! I just got some Flexi 8 clips, so I've been wearing them practically everyday. I'm trying to hang on until December 15.

I KNOW....ME TOO!!!

Ladies, I grabbed a section of my hair and stretched it out.....:eek:....I was SOOOO excited!!! :grin: I'll be using my first pass in the beginning of November and I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I've got someone gathering some info about Dominican Stylists in my area too!!! Folks ain't gone be able to tell me NUTTIN!!!!! :lachen:

Once this challenge is over, I think I'm gonna be too in love with my hair to do another HYH challenge for a loooong time!! :lachen:

Girl, tell your hubbie to get over it. LOL. The first day that I wore my braid out this week, my husband was like, "Oh, you're wearing your real hair today!!!" :look: :lachen:

The lacefronts that I wear don't require glue. They have two combs in the front that I use (just like with a half wig).

I KNOW....ME TOO!!!

Ladies, I grabbed a section of my hair and stretched it out.....:eek:....I was SOOOO excited!!! :grin: I'll be using my first pass in the beginning of November and I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I've got someone gathering some info about Dominican Stylists in my area too!!! Folks ain't gone be able to tell me NUTTIN!!!!! :lachen:

Once this challenge is over, I think I'm gonna be too in love with my hair to do another HYH challenge for a loooong time!! :lachen:

Girl, I'm really loving my hair since I've successfully hidden my hair for the past 2 months! :grin: I took my sew-in out last night, took my braids down, and stretched the back and front sections of hair and almost wet my pants :blush: I'm trying to figure out how my hair grew 1.5-2 inches in 2 months. Maybe I just had a growth spurt. I have been taking chlorella though, so who knows?!

I hardly took any other vitamins, drank 60 ounces of water like I should, or exercised (even though I work at a gym), but my hair looks fantastic! I'm going to try to go 2 weeks with my hair in a braid out (10 yr reunion coming up, but don't want a weave or wig on), then start wearing lace front wigs afterwards.

With the results I got in length, I'm definitely anxious to keep my hair hidden until Dec. 15. My 2 yr natural anniversary is on Dec. 6th, but I may continue to wear sew-ins or lace fronts through the end of this challenge.

I'm still hiding my hair with buns, french braids, and just pinning it up out of the way lately. I'm starting to get board plus I'm 8 weeks post and the NG is out of control so I ordered me a wig from Hair Sisters.

I love this short wig. It is so cute and I had my hair cut like this before and loved it. I should get it on Tuesday yay :bouncegre!! I'm excited and so is DH. He loves my hair short (well short hair period) and would love for me to cut it again, but its not going to happen. This will be a compromise.

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=titlehttp://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=title
QWCC_ALI_M.jpg

OUTRE-ALI.jpg

HairSisters.gif
HairSisters.gif

Still using wigs. Using Outre Ciara. Not doing too bad. Still braiding and rebraiding and rebraiding. We'll see what happens. Still in self imposed cover your hair challenge until May 1, 2010.

Girl, I'm really loving my hair since I've successfully hidden my hair for the past 2 months! :grin: I took my sew-in out last night, took my braids down, and stretched the back and front sections of hair and almost wet my pants :blush: I'm trying to figure out how my hair grew 1.5-2 inches in 2 months. Maybe I just had a growth spurt. I have been taking chlorella though, so who knows?!

I hardly took any other vitamins, drank 60 ounces of water like I should, or exercised (even though I work at a gym), but my hair looks fantastic! I'm going to try to go 2 weeks with my hair in a braid out (10 yr reunion coming up, but don't want a weave or wig on), then start wearing lace front wigs afterwards.

With the results I got in length, I'm definitely anxious to keep my hair hidden until Dec. 15. My 2 yr natural anniversary is on Dec. 6th, but I may continue to wear sew-ins or lace fronts through the end of this challenge.

Very inspirational. Like the other woman, I'm also having hidden hair anxiety. This is the motivation I needed to continue with my sew-ins, chlorella, high water intake, etc.(everything I should be doing) :grin:

Last edited:

That is cute!!!

I washed my hair and decided to cornrow it this time to wear under my wig. The front looks a MESS!!! :lachen:I can not get my braid to start at the front for some reason. I don't know what it is. The back looks fine. But the front is like an inch of just hair, then the braids start!! :wallbash: :lachen:

That is cute!!!

I washed my hair and decided to cornrow it this time to wear under my wig. The front looks a MESS!!! :lachen:I can not get my braid to start at the front for some reason. I don't know what it is. The back looks fine. But the front is like an inch of just hair, then the braids start!! :wallbash: :lachen:

Thanks

That happens to me to sometimes. As long as it is covered up with a wig it doesn't matter.

I flat ironed my hair on Friday night and my ends were so raggedy....too raggedy to ignore. Sooooo, I cut them off, I cut off at least nice 1/2 inch all around.

I don't know if I'll be APL but, I know I will be healthy in December!

I flat ironed my hair on Friday night and my ends were so raggedy....too raggedy to ignore. Sooooo, I cut them off, I cut off at least nice 1/2 inch all around.

I don't know if I'll be APL but, I know I will be healthy in December!

Health is better than length!! :yep:

Thanks

That happens to me to sometimes. As long as it is covered up with a wig it doesn't matter.

I know, but I want to learn how to do it right. I think I'll do this every week unti I relax. That way I can practiced. I watched several videos on youtube and I STILL can't get it. :wallbash:

Ladies i'm still hiding my hair with wash & go's, but it's starting to get cold so I think I'm going to purchase my first lacefront wig.

I also used my 1st pass this past weekend because it was my SO's birthday & he loves to see my hair straight at times. So I thought it would be a nice treat for him. I'm happy with the growth I have retained. Here are the pics of my beginning length to now....

Last edited:
Ladies i'm still hiding my hair with wash & go's, but it's starting to get cold so I think I'm going to purchase my first lacefront wig.

I also used my 1st pass this past weekend because it was my SO's birthday & he loves to see my hair straight at times. So I thought it would be a nice treat for him. I'm happy with the growth I have retained. Here are the pics of my beginning length to now....

Nice growth. You better hurry up and remove those pictures though!! No pictures until the end of the challenge!!! :spank:

Checking in! I'm still hanging in there....rocking the half wigs...also I'm still trying to get a sew in by Oct to hold me down till Dec.

Please bold on the first page...I just posted my pic (from 6-6-09). Sorry for the delay but I'm back on the LHCF bandwagon, checking in daily...I slipped for a bit (extremely busy with school and work) but I've been hiding my hair the entire. no passes used!

I got my Outre Quick Weave wig Ali yesterday. I love it. I felt like such a diva. I cut the bangs a little today. They were just too long in my eyes. I have 3 more coming on Monday. This hiding your hair thing is fun:grin:

CIMG0591.jpg
CIMG0589.jpg

CIMG0590.jpg
CIMG0593.jpg

CIMG0595.jpg
CIMG0594.jpg

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=405096

Very cute!!

Please bold on the first page...I just posted my pic (from 6-6-09). Sorry for the delay but I'm back on the LHCF bandwagon, checking in daily...I slipped for a bit (extremely busy with school and work) but I've been hiding my hair the entire. no passes used!

Good girl!! Welcome back!!! :grin:

Love that short pixie wig Kellum. I'm looking for another short flip wig because the ones I have are getting old. I love short wigs more than the long ones believe it or not. I need to start searching again for one.

For now, I will continue to hide my hair with extension braids untill I find it. My braids are 4 weeks old today and I have 3-4 more weeks before taking them down.

Last edited:
Wigs wigs wigs!! I am hooked..I pretty much wear some type of wig everyday now. I got my Indian Remy lacefront last week so I will be installing soon. I am going to try and leave it on for a week at a time. 2 weeks might be pushing it but I might try it once to see how I like it.

I have given the wigs a rest for the next few weeks since I am freshly relaxed.. I am hiding by bunning right now.. Will do so until 6 weeks or so and then for the rest of my 15week stretch I will go back to rocking cornrows under my wigs

Wigs wigs wigs!! I am hooked..I pretty much wear some type of wig everyday now. I got my Indian Remy lacefront last week so I will be installing soon. I am going to try and leave it on for a week at a time. 2 weeks might be pushing it but I might try it once to see how I like it.

They are addictive :lol:

Back