Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Is there a particular reason you wanted to texlax and wear braids? Was it because of breakage and your combing options?...just wondering

Sorry I didn't see this.

I've had a small fro (never had anything longer) all my life and found it basically easy and enjoyable to look after. However my increasing length and time taken/wash day I found I couldn't deal with anymore because I get very tight shrinkage and increasing breakage.
Combing and trying to braid my own hair was becoming ridiculous:perplexed.

I had to go into the braids because I was thinking about growth way too much when out of them, like measuring every couple of days at one point:look:. Daily maintenence due extreme shrinkage was upsetting me aswell. I like the hide and surprise process.

Just checking in! This past week I hid my hair under twists. I think I'm going to take a trip to the indian salon to henna my hair and I may go back to the twists again. :-)

I am still hiding my hair under kinky twists. I am trying to stretch these thorugh September, but I need to start to figure out how to hide my hair from October to December.

I've been rocking a puff for 3 weeks. Loooooove it. I'm thinking about getting a set of kinky twists until the end of this challenge.

Still hiding under my half wig.. I had to take a break from the full wig cause it was irritating my hairline.. So now I'm just wearing a headband on the front for the next 4 weeks to cover up the NG

Wheres biotin been all my life:look: I was having thining, broken off patches that weren't budging. My hairs so much thicker now after a month and loads of healthy NG.

Also one part of my fro is shoulder length stretched, shame the rest isn't:look:

Still hiding under my wig , I did quick weave three times just could not take not washing my hair. So i am wigging it daily., my hair in small plaits.

Last edited:
IDK what I am going to do with my hair until the end of Sept until I get my braids. May get another wig, the one I got is pretty worn considering I been wearing it daily since June.

I will never do kinky twist again!I lost a lot of hair even though I was gentle during take-down.

I am 13 weeks post.I'm back in a sew-in. Not relaxing until December

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I've just been super busy. So busy that I couldn't do anything BUT put my hair in a bun!! :lachen:I'm still bunning daily. I stopped the lace front for a while. I did the fake bun for a couple of days (baggying my ends). Now my back to my trusty twistie bun.

We're almost at the halfway mark!!!! :yep:

Checking in:

Still hiding my hair with wigs and may get it put in extensions next week. I just remembered that my family and I will be spending a couple of days over at the Atlantis Hotel on slides, water parks and rides and I will not be comfortable with a wig on. The river rapids is rough, let alone the power tower and the leap of faith slides. Atlantis here we come, Woohoo!

I'm sooo jealous!!!!!

I am loving my afro puff right now. I straightened my roots earlier this week but after a day of that I just let the humidity run it's course. As a result, I have had the perfect slicked, afro puff for that last 4 days. Before when I tried a puff it didn't work well for me but I think it was because I tried to rock it fresh out the shower after detangling(too much shrinkage and tangling, emphasis on the tangling from that method). This time, I let it dry/stretch in braids then shrink up(all the way up but stayed supper thick and round) on its own from the humidity. The result was the perfect kinky cotton ball. Sadly I did have one sistah (I hate for it to be someone who falls into an identifying category with me),show me that she was quite ignorant, petty and ridiculous today by making a nappy comment about my hair(clearly not taking into account her own appearance from a-z). But hey since I was being spoiled while looking and feeling great, my sweetie and I just laughed at how that this new look on me is clearly a head turner whether others are loving or hating(on) it. I am going to keep this look for a while. "I rock rough and stuff with my afro puff"...Today was a good day.

Good for you!!! :yep: :grin:

OP, can you clarify - Are we supposed to actually "hide" our hair under a hat/weave/other? Or just hiding the ends and not showing the actual length? This has just been so easy because I'm doing pretty much what I normally do so it doesn't "feel" like a challenge. Are the rules that naturals can wear their hair "out" as long as it isn't heat stretched? If so, why do I feel like I'm cheatin'? :perplexed

I know I'm super late. But just hiding your length is the goal. But, if you can find a way to PERMANENTLY hide your hair because you gave it all to ME....I'm game for that!!!! :lachen:

Still wearing wigs. It's getting harder to do, but I am determined to do this. I know I can get to my goal length.

Me too, girl. YES WE CAN. YES WE CAN. :grin:

Count me in this ....
currently in individuals until Oct.
Then maybe cornrows or a sew in....

Great Idea!

Welcome!!

Hey ladies.
I'm still in this challenge BUT I broke one of the rules because I BC'd on Labor day and showed my pics in that thread.
I haven't shown any other pics, though.

I know I'm super late. But just hiding your length is the goal. But, if you can find a way to PERMANENTLY hide your hair because you gave it all to ME....I'm game for that!!!! :lachen:

Girl, you are so funny! I've been wearing a bun, did a henna treatment today so I put it in 7 braids so I can sport a braidout tomorrow. Looking forward to the 1/2 way point, although I'm doubtful that I'll see anything significant. I'm considering a pass (blowing my hair out) just so that I can encourage myself to continue. We'll see...

I haven't checked in a while. I've been super busy, but I'm still hiding my hair. I'm mostly wearing my KS instant weave. Still going strong hoping to be BSL by Dec.

Girl, you are so funny! I've been wearing a bun, did a henna treatment today so I put it in 7 braids so I can sport a braidout tomorrow. Looking forward to the 1/2 way point, although I'm doubtful that I'll see anything significant. I'm considering a pass (blowing my hair out) just so that I can encourage myself to continue. We'll see...

That doesn't sound so bad. If straightening your hair will make you continue, I say do it. Especially if you haven't used any or your passes yet.

I'm still bunning. I got an email from hairsisters today. I was looking at their lacefronts, and it makes me want to wash and braid my hair today so that I can rock one of my lacefronts. They have a new one that I'm LOVIN!!! Here's the link to it: http://www.clairhair.com/en/Product...&ProductTitle=&o=&b=&pageScale=&Display=&Type=

In twist again this week, I will be taking it out tomorrow and doing another henna treatment or not IDK yet.

Still in Kinky twists. I did them over a last weekend, so these will last me until the end of October. I'm wiggin' it from November to December

Still Hiding under my half wig, but I am rocking the head band over the NG because its a beast.. No more blending being done at this point into my stretch.. I was constantly seeing people talk to my NG instead of to me!!!

Back