Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

The hide your hair works so well for me because it allows me to work out and look decent during the work week. This is really working for me :up: Plus I'm retaining length like crazy!

Oh and since I stopped wearing my lace fronts (almost 3 months) my hairline is fabulous :grin: :superbanana:

lace fronts started to destroy my hairline as well and I was super careful. I think its great for retaining length if you don't mind a sparse hairline and a little babying afterwards to grow it all back.

Okay so..I just got back into the extensions. I plan on keeping twists in until december. I did them myself this time. *taps shoulder for props*..im proud.:blush3:

Yeah, just like I posted pictures of the Diva Bun??? :lachen:

WHAT??? You did all that to wear a bun??? :lachen:
It was either that or use a pass:lachen::lachen:. Plus I wanted to try out the Sabino MB I got. And I love it my hair was pin straight for almost a week even after putting it up and hiding it away

Oh and since I stopped wearing my lace fronts (almost 3 months) my hairline is fabulous :grin: :superbanana:

I'm wearing lace fronts as well and I was worried about my hairline. Until someone suggested that I use either bobby pins or the hairclips to secure the wig. It was perfect!

I pray by the end of the yea, my natural curls would be long enough, so I won't look odd.

I just realized that no matter what style I do, it always "hides" my hair. Since I never wear my hair straight, my length is always hidden. I don't know why I didn't realize that at the beginning of the challenge.

Anyway, I wore a fro yesterday and it was super cute. I haven't actually worn my hair out free since the beginning of the challenge so that was a nice change. I'm planning to put a weave in either today or tomorrow and I'll keep that for a few weeks.

ITA... I mentioned that earlier in the thread. For naturals pretty much any style is still going to hide the length. Even when I straighten my hair there's still some shrinkage. :rolleyes: I've been wearing wigs and bunning but I do wear my hair out on occasion.

I took my extensions out 2 days ago and decided to texlax my hair so no more natural lol. Used ORS for 15 mins and still with tight fro but a lot easier to comb and style with a lot less breakage :).

Will be back in the braids in the next two days.

I took my extensions out 2 days ago and decided to texlax my hair so no more natural lol. Used ORS for 15 mins and still with tight fro but a lot easier to comb and style with a lot less breakage :).

Will be back in the braids in the next two days.

Is there a particular reason you wanted to texlax and wear braids? Was it because of breakage and your combing options?...just wondering

lace fronts started to destroy my hairline as well and I was super careful. I think its great for retaining length if you don't mind a sparse hairline and a little babying afterwards to grow it all back.

I'm wearing lace fronts as well and I was worried about my hairline. Until someone suggested that I use either bobby pins or the hairclips to secure the wig. It was perfect!

I pray by the end of the yea, my natural curls would be long enough, so I won't look odd.

Yeah, I was gonna ask if the hairline was messed up because of the glue. With the lacefronts that I just bought. I use the combs in front, just like with a half wig. It's working fine so far. I've worn it for about a week now. Sometimes the combs get a little tight, then I just adjust. :grin:

Welcome to the texlaxed world. I didn't know how to act when wash time went from 45 minutes to 15!!! :yep:

I got my 1st sew in today.
Its heavy.:perplexed

:lachen::lachen:@ bolded!!!

Yea you sholl right, I been showing you my wigs and stuff and I still aint seen that Diva.Yeah you been over there playing games.....I dont think you hiding all that hair.:lachen:

:lachen::lachen:I'll try to post today...that stuff just takes too much time. I don't see HOW in the world I was always on here posting pictures all the time before. LOL!!!

Does a hat count as a protective
style?
:perplexed

:lachen:If your hair is up inside of it...I would say so!!! :grin:

Okay ladies....2 months down....4 to go!!!!

I'm still doing well. I'm been WAY to busy to do anything BUT hide my hair lately. I work in a school, so the beginning of the school year is CRAZY!!! So, I've been a little MIA.

I've been rocking a lacefront for the past week. I haven't done my twice a week washes in a long time. So, I gotta get back on that next week. The funny thing is, I think that at the end of this challenge, I will STILL wear a bun most of the time..it's just easier. And when I do deal with my hair now, at APL, I wonder how in the WORLD I'm gonna be able to deal with it at BSL!!! :perplexed

I've been wearing my hair in braids and buns. I'll use one pass in September for my SO's high school reunion.

Still hiding under my fav wigs and half wigs.. I relax next week, but right back under the wigs for another 3 or 4 months:yep:

Still in Kinky twists...I have been washing and conditioning them so much that I noticed a lot of my twists were getting fuzzy. When I unbraided them to redo them...my real hair was all tangled in the twists! I had to even CUT a couple of knots out of my head!! I am continuing to retwist...but I need to look into wigs or something for September.

I'm going strong. I have been getting lots of compliments on my half wig. I plan on getting a new one every month to switch it up. I will be cutting my hair (too many thin ends) this week so I will post the pics when I do.

I have been wearing lacefronts and bunning my hair. I have decided to stretch for 3 months so I have been cornrowing the hair underneath the wig. I plan for September to get new half wigs after relaxing to hide my hair.

Hey Ladies checking in for August:

I'm still going strong without any forseeable problems. Keeping the regimen soooooo simple (washing, DC, cornrows and oiling scalp as needed)

I have just brought 2 more lacefronts from hair sisters couldn't resist the sale. I might buy this one from my local BSS because it seems like no one has it for a reasonable price (under $40 because it is synthetic).:ohwell:

Attachments

• lacefront.jpg
    lacefront.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi Ladies! I'm still in the challenge!:yep:

This is the style I've been sporting this week:

picture.php

I'm kind of digging it!:yep:

You can see it at different angles in my Progress album (profile). :grin:

Ladies I relaxed on monday and I'M BSL whoohoo!!! :dance7: I wanted to leave it out but I just put it in a ponytail. The funny thing is that I really don't want to show my hair at all in public. Since i don't have a job, I'm not in the public eye constantly so even the urge to show it off is gone. I went out yesterday and I pulled my hair up and did one bantu knot.

I guess I'm just biding my time till December :lachen: :lachen:

Trying to decide on my next hair style...twists or a weave. We'll see. I need to stick to one thing.

I have been wearing a half wig since the end of July and will switch from this to braids for a while. I wanna hold off on relaxing for a while....maybe until the end of the challange.

Still rocking kinky twists ...hoping I can leave these in until September and then I am off to something else to hide my hair.

I'm still doing well! I've been having alot of fun with my hair. I've been doing twists, twist-outs and braid-outs. I also did my first wash-n-go on Monday and I loved the look! I'm in twists right now and plan to keep them in for the next two weeks.

Ladies I relaxed on monday and I'M BSL whoohoo!!! :dance7: I wanted to leave it out but I just put it in a ponytail. The funny thing is that I really don't want to show my hair at all in public. Since i don't have a job, I'm not in the public eye constantly so even the urge to show it off is gone. I went out yesterday and I pulled my hair up and did one bantu knot.

I guess I'm just biding my time till December :lachen: :lachen:

:yay: :clapping: :dance7: CONGRATS GIRL!!! I can't wait.

Is it tooo late ??? I missed this thread :perplexed

Nope, not too late. Come on and post that starting pic in the starting pic thread. :yep:

I wanna hold off on relaxing for a while....maybe until the end of the challange.

I don't know if I wanna relax yet or wait. I'm almost 4 months post right now. My goal is to stretch for 6 month from now on. Six months would have put me right at my lines 10 year anniversary for Homecoming. But, this new growth is kinda THICK...so I don't know!!! :lachen:My wash time is longer now because I have to wash in sections. But, I want to wear my hair down for Homecoming. So if I relax now, I'm not certain if my hair will rollerset right when I'm 2 months post. :ohwell:

checking in...almost at about 3 months going strong! I have been doing lace fronts and just installed lace front #2 tonight! The nexy three months though I wanna get better with taking care of my hair underneath--want to increase my washing and conditioning from every 2-3 weeks to every week

Back