Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

I don't know much about braids. But in the sections where your hair feels thinner, just use more hair in the braids. For example, take down two braids and redo it as one braid. Then the weight and tension of the braid won't be as bad because it'll be more hair to handle it.

Thanks for the tips, hopefully I will be able to speak up to my next braider:rolleyes: lol

I have bought some B-complex, biotin and aminoplex so hopefully that will thicken my hair some.

Still doing well with the challenge. I've been rocking twists and twist outs. I wanted to try something new so I did some coils on the weekend and I love them :love:! I plan to keep these in for a week and then do a coil out for a day or two and then back in coils. I'll be back to twists and twist outs at the end of the month or beginning of September.

Last edited:
I meant to join this challenge long ago since I stayyyy in protective styles whether it be sew-in's or kinky twist. Right now I'm wearing kinky twist until the end of the year.

Here is my starting pic. It was taken on my relaxed day on June 8th 2009:

picture.php

Please excuse room as it was move day.

Last edited:
I am so mad at my hair right now anyway… it seems to be stuck at NL… :-(

So I am very happy to hide my hair in braids till Dec. Also I am a long stretch till them.

I am maintaining it while in braids and I have not had any breakage issues… But to me it seems not to be gaining length… So I am very very happy to braid it up till Dec for 6-7 weeks at a time with a week in between. (During the break week I cornrow it and have a half wig)

Also I have tonnes of packs of braids that I want to use up by Dec so….

Now my hair is loose (not for long!) I've been hiding with puffs and buns. I'll be reverting to my beloved box braids very soon!

I joined this challenge but never put in my starting pic :blush:!

I'm in braids now, but when not braided wear my hair in pinned up braidouts.

This is a mess of a before pic, I had a bunch of new growth, and it's uncombed, but it's the only one I have. My hair is a bit below SL when stretched.
IMG_1270-1.jpg

I've been getting a lot of compliments on my half wig :) I can definitely see myself doing this for a year. I wish my real hair looked as good though.

this is beautiful! do you mind me asking what brand name it is and where you purchased it from?
tia,
tishee

I picked this one up from my local BSS for 24.99, but they have it at HairSisters for 17.99..... SanteFe Girl by Freetress.

Last edited:
Today I wore a bun. It's cute, but small. I can't wait until it gets bigger, then I'll like it way more.

Girl I got like $200 worth of hair I want in my shopping cart at HS LOL.:look:
I have intentions in being in wigs for the rest of this year.
Make sure u show us some pics of the LF when they come in.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, just like I posted pictures of the Diva Bun??? :lachen:

Washed my hair today and DC'd for about 45 minutes and it came out nice. I blowdried and flatiron it and my hair feels like silk. I was so tempted to go out with my hair all swangy and stuff :) But I didn't, I put it in a bun

WHAT??? You did all that to wear a bun??? :lachen:

Still rocking my wig, just a different way....

Girl, where are you??? Come give me some ideas to rock!!! :lachen:

Okay, I got my lacefronts yesterday. I rocked one today. The color matches my hair PERFECTLY. I was hiding all of my hair at first, but my husband said that it just didn't look natural and that I looked like a lion. :eek: :laugh:. He was talking about how even the hair line is. So I pulled out a small amount of hair around my hairline, and that fixed it. I just hate how dull my hair looked in comparison to how shiny the wig is. Plus I'm almost 4 months post, so my edges are a little nappy. :lachen:

I don't have pictures just yet. But I'll post some just for Ms_B_Haven. :yep:

Yeah, just like I posted pictures of the Diva Bun??? :lachen:
Girl, where are you??? Come give me some ideas to rock!!! :lachen:

I don't have pictures just yet. But I'll post some just for Ms_B_Haven. :yep:

Yea you sholl right, I been showing you my wigs and stuff and I still aint seen that Diva.Yeah you been over there playing games.....I dont think you hiding all that hair.:lachen:

Still in my extension braids, pushing for at least 4 weeks. need a change, I think, and I'm missing my hair. May just re-do the edges and leave thm in another 2 weeks or I may well take them out by next weekend and just twist my own hair for a change.

Nearly 2 months down - yay! Can't wait till December, lol.

Still in my extension braids, pushing for at least 4 weeks. need a change, I think, and I'm missing my hair. May just re-do the edges and leave thm in another 2 weeks or I may well take them out by next weekend and just twist my own hair for a change.

Nearly 2 months down - yay! Can't wait till December, lol.

I'd just have the edges redone JH for another 2 weeks.

I just realized that no matter what style I do, it always "hides" my hair. Since I never wear my hair straight, my length is always hidden. I don't know why I didn't realize that at the beginning of the challenge.

Anyway, I wore a fro yesterday and it was super cute. I haven't actually worn my hair out free since the beginning of the challenge so that was a nice change. I'm planning to put a weave in either today or tomorrow and I'll keep that for a few weeks.

Back