Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Today I am tired of hiding my hair but I got a long way to go
:perplexed

Am worried about the state of my hair under my braids as I just refreshed them one by one. My hair feels healthy and has grown but the back feels thinner and very fine:sad:

I don't know much about braids. But in the sections where your hair feels thinner, just use more hair in the braids. For example, take down two braids and redo it as one braid. Then the weight and tension of the braid won't be as bad because it'll be more hair to handle it.

Still in my senegalese twists, only 2 weeks old and I'm already thinking of taking them down. :ohwell: But I'll hold on till the first of the month then decide on what to do.

Wait a minute... I need clarification. Can you not wear a twistout/ braidout during this challenge? :perplexed

Wait a minute... I need clarification. Can you not wear a twistout/ braidout during this challenge? :perplexed

From what I'm understanding, you're hiding your length. Twistouts/braidouts have a good bit of shrinkage so those are okay.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey ladies just checking in. I took out my weave Monday ( I had a cap since the week we started the challenge) I did an ION protein treatment followed by a delicious CB Smoothe Triple Silk DC for moisture. Can we say lots of growth? I think I'm gonna purchase a good 4 or 5 half wigs and just go that route for the remainder of the challenge that way I can have the liberty of washing and DCing my hair more freely then when I had the cap weave. Hope everyone is holding up ok with the challenge! :)

Just checking in. I'm wearing braids for this challenge. It's an easy choice and hopefully it will encourage me to workout more. I've had this set of braids in for about 5 weeks and I'm hoping to keep them in for the full 2 months. I just took down a few of the braids along the edges and twisted them. I've worn braids for years off and on, but never really took care of my hair while it was braided until joining LHCF. So I'm doing DC's and co washing as needed and my hair feels both soft and strong. I'm trying to preserve my edges by taking those braids down before they look as though they are hanging by a thread. Looking forward to running my fingers through it for a few minutes when it gets redone in August.

This is my first post since joining LHCF! I would like to join this challenge if it is not too late. I will be wearing buns and occasional braids and corn rows. Here is my starting pic... I have conditioner in it so I will be sure to take pics in December with conditioner in also!

Attachments

• relx,cond.jpg
    relx,cond.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
I think I'm gonna purchase a good 4 or 5 half wigs and just go that route for the remainder of the challenge that way I can have the liberty of washing and DCing my hair more freely then when I had the cap weave.

I am in kinky twists right now trying to keep these in for 16 weeks. I think I will keep the twists in for 8 weeks and introduce myself to half wigs for the next eight weeks.

i relaxed on 7-17 and I am happy with my results. I am full APL now. I have been wearing my hair in tight curls for the past few weeks which does not show my length. on days that its humid and rainy, I wear my hair in a bun. So far it has been working out great.

Hey guys. Just checking in.
I was wearing a bun for weeks, but got a little tired of it.
I bought about 3 half wigs, but ended up making a cap wig myself and have been rocking that ever since. LOL.
I braided my hair up under the wig and will keep it this way for a while.

From what I'm understanding, you're hiding your length. Twistouts/braidouts have a good bit of shrinkage so those are okay.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm certain your actual length wasn't showing with a twistout. Twistouts usually have MASSIVE shrinkage. If you didn't show your length, I say you didn't cheat. :grin:

Thanks for being honest!!! :yep:

Twistouts and braidouts are fine if they hide your length. :yep:

i relaxed on 7-17 and I am happy with my results. I am full APL now. I have been wearing my hair in tight curls for the past few weeks which does not show my length. on days that its humid and rainy, I wear my hair in a bun. So far it has been working out great.

Congrats on making APL!!! :yep:

I bought about 3 half wigs, but ended up making a cap wig myself and have been rocking that ever since. LOL.

How are ya'll making your own caps?? I wanna do one!!!!

Ya'll I can't even begin to tell you how shocked I am that I'm not bored with my buns yet. When I was natural, I wanted to straighten my hair and where it down ALL THE TIME. Now, 1. I don't wanna be bothered with the time it takes to do it; washing and bunning is SOO much easier. 2. When I did wear my hair down, after texlaxing, I wanted to put it up in a bun soon after because my hair kept snagging on my shirt. 3. It's too hot to wear it down.

So, I've actually been fine in my buns for 3 months now. I've basically been bunning since I texlaxed. My hands aren't constantly in my hand. And I'm not constantly doing a length check either. Man, I'm on a roll!!! :yep: :lachen:

Your bun and the accesory looks soooooo cute!!! You are making me miss my buns...I didn't think that was possible!:lachen:

I'm taking out my weave tonight and plan to put another one in either today or tomorrow. That way, I can stay out of my hair and still be cute!

I'm trying to find another wig. I'll be honest, I'm tempted to drop out but I said I would hide my hair it so I'm gonna stick it out.

Checking in: I am still hiding my hair with wigs. I need to switch the one I have been wearing for the past 2 weeks to a curly look I think.

I'm trying to find another wig. I'll be honest, I'm tempted to drop out but I said I would hide my hair it so I'm gonna stick it out.

Don't give up on your hair girl; it'll pay off. You are doing so well.

In fact, ALL of us are doing well. I am soooo proud of us. Give yourselves a hand ladies!!! :clapping: :clapping: :grin:

I started wigging it up yesterday.....Here she is SanteFe Girl Freestress.

Attachments

• me 003.jpg
    me 003.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • me 004.jpg
    me 004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 18
  • me 005.jpg
    me 005.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 28
I'm taking my 2-strand twists down now after having them in for 11 days. I'll wash my hair properly on Friday and prep my hair for my first sew in on August 8 :grin:

Thats super cute msbhaven!

I put in my homemade weave yesterday. I'm only leaving it in for a week. I did it mostly to practice my skills and to use up all this random hair I have lying around. Next week I'm going to try making a bun with some fake hair.

I'm just taking this week by week. It makes it seem like it's going by faster.

I have kept it simple by just wash and go bunning. I will be purchasing an additional wig this week and I plan to use my old one to hide my hair even at the gym.

Back