Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Thank you guys!

I look forward to my hair being hip length straight but my real goal is for it to reach at least bra stra curly. I have sooo much shrinkage it will have to be super long straight to reach that goal. Right now I'm nearly WL straight and above SL with a wash n go.

Well, it's beautiful!!!! :yep:

I would love to join this challenge if it's not too late. :grin:

I can take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Oooh I wanna join!! I've been bunning for a little over a month, only wearing my hair down on the weekends. But for the next 5 months, I want to try bunning exclusively, except on seriously special occasions. Right now, I think that will be twice before Dec. 15. Jamie Fox concert in sept. and high school homecoming in oct. Other than that I'll be bunning my way to brastrap or even middle back!!

Welcome!!! :grin:

I am over my hiding hair blues...I am back to being motivated. You would be surprised how hair accessories can spazz up your whole hair.

I know. Isn't it amazing what accessories will do??? :yep:

Girl, your hair looks beautiful. I'm glad you quit hiding it from the world. How long is your hair now?? It looks pretty long, so I'm SURE it'll be a lot for you to deal with in Dec. :yep:

Thank you :grin:. I am not quite sure how long my hair is now. I haven't straightened it since Thanksgiving, but I believe it somewhere between apl and bsl in the back half and shoulder length in the front since I keep it cut in layers when it is straight. I sure hope it is a lot to deal with by then...I think that will be a great dilemma to have lol.

I'm enjoying my protective styling, everyone keeps complimenting me on my hair, currently in small crossover canerows at the front, and small twists with roots plaited at the back. I've been bantu knotting them for a curly look the past few days.

Last edited:
I'm torn between wearing wigs for the next 4 weeks or extension cornrows, but for now it's wigs because it's easier:grin:. I can't wear many of my instant wigs because they are straight and my hair is 6 months post and my hairline does not look quite right with them:nono:. I need a kinky instant wig - gatta go shopping for one:yep:.

I picked up Freestress Sante Fe Girl half wig.... I will have pics within the upcoming week, we are having a meet up and I gotta look fly.

I bought a half wig, too, yesterday. I probably won't rock mine until it gets colder though. I can't see myself doing it in this heat!! :lachen:

I'll be sporting this wig for about a week or 2:

AgathaNov1st2007-vi.jpg

I'm still rocking my KS instant weave and plan on rocking it to the end of this challenge. It is so versatile. I love it. This is my favorite style so far. To spice it up I put a flower in my hair. :grin:

The top leave out part, and my edges are out. Evey thing else is cornrowed under the instant weave.

I MADE BSBL TODAY, YAY!!!!! :thumbsup: I stretched a piece of hair to see and I'm there. I will be 14 weeks post on Wednesday, so when I relax in a couple of weeks I know for sure I will be there if not a little longer. :clap:

CIMG0115.jpg

CIMG0116.jpg

CIMG0117.jpg

ETA: Sorry for the huge pics :)
ETA: The pics are not of my actual hair. They are of my KS Instant Weave. This is how I am hiding my hair. Pretty believable huh :)

More pics are in my Fotki.

Last edited:
Right now my hair is pinned up. I need to get a couple more phony ponies. I wish I could do wiggs but they make my scalp itch.

I'm still rocking my KS instant weave and plan on rocking it to the end of this challenge. It is so versatile. I love it. This is my favorite style so far. To spice it up I put a flower in my hair. :grin:

The top leave out part, and my edges are out. Evey thing else is cornrowed under the instant weave.

I MADE BSBL TODAY, YAY!!!!! :thumbsup: I stretched a piece of hair to see and I'm there. I will be 14 weeks post on Wednesday, so when I relax in a couple of weeks I know for sure I will be there if not a little longer. :clap:

ETA: Sorry for the huge pics :)

Girl, you are NOT posting pics in the HIDE Your Hair Challege. :spank:Tell me these are your starting hair pics??

Congrats on making BSL, though. I'm jealous!!! :lachen:

Girl, you are NOT posting pics in the HIDE Your Hair Challege. :spank:Tell me these are your starting hair pics??

Congrats on making BSL, though. I'm jealous!!! :lachen:

No, that's the KS instant weave!!! I was just showing how I'm hiding my hair,LOL. I promise I'm hiding my hair. I get this all the time. My SIL just can't believe that this is not all my hair. :lachen:

Thanks Twanna. I'm not to my bra strap yet. I am below my shoulder blades. I wear my bra lower than you are supposed to. I have at least another inch and a half to get there. :)

Kellum your hair is beautiful!

Thanks Loco, but that's not all my hair. That's my KS instant weave that I made. Only my edges, and top portion is out of the instant weave, everything else is braided under the wig.

Check it out.
http://public.fotki.com/KBAW/2009/protective-low-mani/kinkystraightinstan/

Last edited:
No, that's the KS instant weave!!! I was just showing how I'm hiding my hair,LOL. I promise I'm hiding my hair. I get this all the time. My SIL just can't believe that this is not all my hair. :lachen:

Thanks Twanna. I'm not to my bra strap yet. I am below my shoulder blades. I wear my bra lower than you are supposed to. I have at least another inch and a half to get there. :)

Thanks Loco, but that's not all my hair. That's my KS instant weave that I made. Only my edges, and top portion is out of the instant weave, everything else is braided under the wig.

Check it out.
http://public.fotki.com/KBAW/2009/protective-low-mani/kinkystraightinstan/

Girl, I was all wrong huh?? :lachen:Sorry!! I can not believe that's a quick weave. It matches perfectly. Wow!!! Good job!!! :yep:

I'm still sporting an updo. I think I'm going to make an attempt at doing twists this weekend. We'll see how that goes :-P

Ok....I must confess. I did a Henna/Cassia Treatment and for the first time used Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, Rosembary EO and Tea Tree EO. It was so so soft. Then I used a new method for doing my twists (conditioner and castor oil only) and they were looking so good I could only imagine what they would look like if I took them down.:nono: Well, I did....I took them down.

My hair was so soft and looked so good I even went out to hang with my friends for the entire week-end just so I could show it off to everyone. Not only did I wear it like that for the week-end but for an entire 6 days. I;ve never had a twist-out come out so good on wet hair before. This was my first challenge and I failed. I'm a drop-out. I feel bad and I'm back to wearing it up again. But, I had to come and confess.

Ok....I must confess. I did a Henna/Cassia Treatment and for the first time used Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, Rosembary EO and Tea Tree EO. It was so so soft. Then I used a new method for doing my twists (conditioner and castor oil only) and they were looking so good I could only imagine what they would look like if I took them down.:nono: Well, I did....I took them down.

My hair was so soft and looked so good I even went out to hang with my friends for the entire week-end just so I could show it off to everyone. Not only did I wear it like that for the week-end but for an entire 6 days. I;ve never had a twist-out come out so good on wet hair before. This was my first challenge and I failed. I'm a drop-out. I feel bad and I'm back to wearing it up again. But, I had to come and confess.

I'm certain your actual length wasn't showing with a twistout. Twistouts usually have MASSIVE shrinkage. If you didn't show your length, I say you didn't cheat. :grin:

Thanks for being honest!!! :yep:

Last edited:
I forgot to say I put in my own weave this past friday. I don't really like the hair and I didn't do a great job so I'm going to take it down this friday and redo it with new hair.

I think doing my own weaves every couple of weeks will get me through this challenge easily.

I'm certain your actual length wasn't showing with a twistout. Twistouts usually have MASSIVE shrinkage. If you didn't show your length, I say you didn't check. :grin:

Thanks for being honest!!! :yep:

OMG....thank goodness! I do have shrinkage with the twistouts. That's good to know. Since this happened I've been learning new styles via youtube to prevent this from happening. Only thing I was doing was twists and I'm not all that great at those anyway. So far I've gotten four new hairstyles to try this week!!

I have been bunned up but I am so TIRED of it...I want to buy a half wig but I have never worn wigs and for whatever reason I am apprehensive...I have neck length thick hair and I am 10 weeks post relaxer so its super tough to even continue to bun....I am so over it...any suggestions would be welcome!!!!!

I'm just checking in!

I used one of the passes on Saturday to enjoy my freshly relaxed hair, I guess. But I'm back to my buns! I thought about buying some half wigs, but I'm going to put it off for a while. I was super hot on Saturday with just MY hair hanging loose... so wigs are out of the question.

I finally tried cantu leavin...............whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my hair stayed moisturized for days. :up:I could comb through it without a tangle. Why did I wait so long to try this...

I finally tried cantu leavin...............whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my hair stayed moisturized for days. :up:I could comb through it without a tangle. Why did I wait so long to try this...

Thanks for the review! I will definitely be trying the Cantu leave in because my hair is always a hot tangled mess when I wet it. I think it's because the relaxed ends are getting tangled up with the natural texture.:wallbash:

Today I am tired of hiding my hair but I got a long way to go
:perplexed

Am worried about the state of my hair under my braids as I just refreshed them one by one. My hair feels healthy and has grown but the back feels thinner and very fine:sad:

Back