Here ye, here ye. Single gals, join the Susie Sunshie Challenge

I'm in. Can someone who is normally a happy, perky and friendly person, break down how you consistently do this. I might remember to do it for a few people but not everyone. Most of the time I'm in my own world and my thinking face I guess can be unapproachable.

So.... you just gotta smile? Well... ok. I'm in class from 9-5 but I guess I could work that in to my lunch break.

Ummm
Do you really think this is a good idea?

I would have thought guys would be more attracted to a naturally quiet girl, than a girl that is trying to be all fun and flirty when that is not what she is naturally?

Suppose you do catch a guy by pretending to be fun and flirty, have you thought about how your gonna keep him on that same pretense? Ya cant be switching up on him after catching him can ya?

(As soon as she's done typing, she races from thread quicker than lightening):takecover:

I guess the point of my thread is to stop being so uptight and smile more. Whomever decides to give it a try should do what is comfortable for them :)

Thanks.
For me, 95% of the time, my facial expression does not reflect how I feel at the moment. This challenge isn't for those who are always angry to try and change who they are lol.

It's for those who, like me, feel like they're not giving themselves a fair shot by at least trying to appear as happy and as friendly as we actually are. :)
Exactly. :yep:

So what do you do when undesirables come up? Turn it into a frown? Start scratching your head and neck real fast or something?

So what do you do when undesirables come up? Turn it into a frown? Start scratching your head and neck real fast or something?
smile and tell them no thank you :)

can count on one hand how many dudes really couldnt take no for an answer

most of them appreciate the politeness and then they dont feel like **** and if they are ignorant they don't even act a fool....

Thanks.
For me, 95% of the time, my facial expression does not reflect how I feel at the moment. This challenge isn't for those who are always angry to try and change who they are lol.

It's for those who, like me, feel like they're not giving themselves a fair shot by at least trying to appear as happy and as friendly as we actually are. :)

Good point!:yep:

This is my fear. Those kneegrows who don't know when to stop and can't/won't accept no. Give em an inch they take a mile!

smile and tell them no thank you :)

can count on one hand how many dudes really couldnt take no for an answer

most of them appreciate the politeness and then they dont feel like **** and if they are ignorant they don't even act a fool....

I'll give it a try.

Okay ladies, take an extra 20 minutes in the morning to add something special to your hair, outfit, face, and/or jewelry. At least wear some lipstick or a colored lipgloss.

LOL

I 'boo-boo face' it and look the other way (normally) But in the spirit of this challenge......

I say grab your cell phone and start talking. That's what I always do. Avert the eyes and start chatting with an imaginary friend (on the phone of course, unless you WANT to look psycho- shrugs)

My cell phone is always on my person, so I can get it easily if I spot a sucka. Also, it's always on vibrate (being in and out of class) so I don't get played and look like a dummy talking to a phone that rings!

So I've been keeping up with the challenge and I must it has caused me to get along better with the white people in my class. Next week I'm going to try to be nice to EVERYBODY, because to be honest, there are some guys in the class I treat rudely simply because its fun.

So I've been keeping up with the challenge and I must it has caused me to get along better with the white people in my class. Next week I'm going to try to be nice to EVERYBODY, because to be honest, there are some guys in the class I treat rudely simply because its fun.

this is refreshingly honest lol :grin:

susie sunshine is a good idea. i dont know if the challenge is over but i'll try for 7 days starting..uh....friday after I do my hair :lachen: that makes me feel good.

but in my city whenever i'm smiling i always get slimeballs jumping out of every nook and cranny saying "holla holla holla holla...."

Thanks.

That's me too. I need to work on having my expression accurately reflect how I feel on the inside. I'm in.

I'm in. I need to do this more at the gym. That seems to be the only place I see cute men these days. I just have the find that fine line between a glance and stalking:spinning:

Back