He went out of his way to hurt me...

I'm also conflicted because all my life my mother has told me that I'll never be with anyone or get married because I'm too difficult to love. That is always in the back of my mind - that I'm a hard person to love and that I'm meant to be alone. I try to convince myself that it's not true, but after hearing it so many times it stays with me.

I can't believe your own mother said this... :nono:... :nono:...
I guess mothers are not always right and you shouldn't listen to everything they say, hey!
I think you know this is not true, but I understand how it would be hard to get what she has said out of your mind.

In my opinion, you can find someone else who loves and respects you greatly. I don't know you're BF, but it sounds like he is not giving you the level of respect and love you deserve!

You can do better :yep:!

I am sorry about what your mother said to you. NO babies are hard to love. She is using it as an excuse for her poor behavior as a mother. Don't buy into it.

As for the SO, yes it was small but telling. Listen to it. Of course you could have done it by yourself (and DID) but you should not have had to. His first waking thought should have been, my woman is hurt! I need to see if she needs anything. You should not have even had to ask him or look for him, etc... The fact that you did tells you that you were not close to the top of his list of priorities.

As for the silent treatment on the bday, etc... that just makes it worse. He knows YOU and he knows you are ultra-sensitive and he knew it would hurt you. If he hurts you intentionally NOW, he will hurt you intentionally later and it is NEVER acceptable to me. He sat there, had a thought process and did something to injure you. Doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter that he didn't snatch you up or shake you or worse. YOU DESERVE BETTER. From BOTH of them - now u stuck with Mom but this guy can go kick rocks.

Back