He Doesn't Eat Out.

he would be NO for me...he sounds boring as fluck and eating out is a huge thing i like to do....we are not eating every single meal at your house sorry boo....i also think that he may have other quirks that may not work in the end...he may work as a friend....may is the key word there....he need to be by himself with the not eating out....in 2015 cmon son!!! ugh

Im dead. :cry3::drunk::amen:

So y'all are just supposed to go to the movies and do what? Bring your own snacks? Can't even get a slurpee or some popcorn? No brunch, no fancy dinners or stopping to get a bite while running errands? No getting breakfast after damcing the night away? Not even a slice of pizza? Whack a roni. Next. I couldn't date this boring arse guy, and you shouldn't either. Don't settle for this guy. You deserve to be taken out!

absolute deal breaker. I bet if you ask what kind of trips its it's prob camping (cooking over a fire), visiting fam and crashing at their place with a kitchen or renting a place with a kitchen. Nor am I sitting home with you every day. Or, having dated someone whose mother hated to eat out. Coolers of food, and hotpots will be packed to eat in hotel room to avoid the horror of eating out. Run, run far away

Last edited:
Did he say that he'll be cooking for you? :look:

The men who I have similar conversations with are more along the lines of you should be at home cooking and we go out to eat as a "treat". I probably think too deeply into it, but to me it gives an insight to married life.

Why do most black people hate camping so much? :sad:

I would probably date him if I was bored or he'd be my Monday dude. I wouldn't dismiss him right away, there's plenty you can do while dating aside from eating. Maybe this will challenge you OP to be creative and flexible.

So y'all are just supposed to go to the movies and do what? Bring your own snacks? Can't even get a slurpee or some popcorn? No brunch, no fancy dinners or stopping to get a bite while running errands? No getting breakfast after damcing the night away? Not even a slice of pizza? Whack a roni. Next. I couldn't date this boring arse guy, and you shouldn't either. Don't settle for this guy. You deserve to be taken out!

I haven't delved into what he's willing to spend money on just yet. I will though. I susect if we go out dancing we'll eat dinner at home before going, then eat back at the house later. He was very proud when he said he cooks everyday and don't eat out. :rolleyes:

If we go to the movie he'll probably spring for popcorn and slurpe, just not a meal.

Last edited:
absolute deal breaker. I bet if you ask what kind of trips its it's prob camping (cooking over a fire), visiting fam and crashing at their place with a kitchen or renting a place with a kitchen. Nor am I sitting home with you every day. Or, having dated someone whose mother hated to eat out. Coolers of food, and hotpots will be packed to eat in hotel room to avoid the horror of eating out. Run, run far away

When he said he like weekend getaways, I imagine him staying in a hotel with a kitchen and going to the grocery store to get food to cook to avoid eating out. He said he can cook anything at home, thats cooked at a restaurants. Somehow, I don't believe that..

Did he say that he'll be cooking for you? :look:

The men who I have similar conversations with are more along the lines should be at home cooking and we go out to eat as a "treat". I probably think too deeply into it, but to me it gives an insight to married life.

@LiftedUp he said that he loves to cook and is a good cook. He can cook anything, however, he was very interested in how often I cook and what I like to cook. He didnt seem to like the fact that I eat out several times a week. Its hard to call if he will cook for me or he wants me to cook for him. From his questions, I'd say both.

This wouldn't work for me for reasons beyond just wanting to eat out. He doesn't seem flexible and may be controlling. It doesn't work well with my personality at all. What if you guys were invited to a wedding or had a wedding of your own? What happens then? Nah girl I'm cool. Plus, I wouldn't date a vegetarian seriously because I'm sure they'll act like they respect my decision to eat meat at first then slowly try to insist that I not cook meat with our pans in our home nope I can see through the games....

When he said he like weekend getaways, I imagine him staying in a hotel with a kitchen and going to the grocery store to get food to cook to avoid eating out. He said he can cook anything at home, thats cooked at a restaurants. Somehow, I don't believe that.I haven't delved into what he's willing to spend money on just yet. I will though.

I susect if we go out dancing we'll eat dinner at home before going, then eat back at the house later. He was very proud when he said he cooks everyday and don't eat out..
Meh even top chefs eat out and get tired of cooking. There is simply no flexibility if you never eat out. Sometimes I simply don't want to cook. And I'm def not cooking all of my meals while on vacation.
Does he only like to do weekend getaways? If that is the case are you only a weekend trip person. If he doesn't like longer trips does he have issues if you traveled with friends or solo for longer trips? Things that seem insignificant but can be a huge issue .
Do beverages count in the no eating out rule. Do you pre drink and get nothing if you go dancing and get parched?

How does he know he can make anything as good as the restaurant if he never has a comparasion

Last edited:
Call a spade a spade! He's CHEAP!

There is no special diet. No special preparation. No special nada that merits him never eating out. He just wants to see if you'll put up with it so that he doesn't have to spend money on YOU. Bet if another girl told him she wanted to try Le Bistro restaurant, and he was into her, he'd be eating out right now.

This is funny because a guy I am seeing is just like this. He is definitely not cheap but he buys food for me but won't eat out. I mentioned going on a cruise if we become exclusive and warned him that if he is vacationing with me he has to eat! He is Ghanaian so that may be a factor.

Yeah, I would want to know if he would even go on a cruise and how much he would be willing to travel. It can be overlooked if he brings more to the table than movies and bike rides. If he said we are going to eat in but go on a 7 day cruise twice a year, I might be able to overlook it. Maybe!

I haven't delved into what he's willing to spend money on just yet. I will though. I susect if we go out dancing we'll eat dinner at home before going, then eat back at the house later. He was very proud when he said he cooks everyday and don't eat out. :rolleyes:

If we go to the movie he'll probably spring for popcorn and slurpe, just not a meal.

Hmm. Well I'm guessing since he said he only likes biking on the trails and movies he is not the kind of guy who even would do most of those things for fun. The other poster that said y'all would probably just be camping and staying at peoples houses for weekend getaways is probably right. This doesn't sound like the guy who is going to want to do those types of things. I just know I would hate that kind of setup but you seem pretty determined so date him and see where it goes.

Oh yea my dad is kind of like this too, so I know what this is like. He is an amazing cook though and will spend the money to get what I want, but is otherwise unbelievably cheap, controlling and inflexible. We always stayed with family when we went anywhere growing up. But he does occasionally eat out and he complains every time about he can make it better. ( He can). So if this guy is willing to cook all the food and is a great cook then fine, but it sounds like he wants you cooking all the time too and if you like to eat out weekly it's going to annoy you. Couldn't be me, not when I have a choice in the matter, and I love to cook.

Meh even top chefs eat out and get tired of cooking. There is simply no flexibility if you never eat out. Sometimes I simply don't want to cook. And I'm def not cooking all of my meals while on vacation.
Does he only like to do weekend getaways? If that is the case are you only a weekend trip person. If he doesn't like longer trips does he have issues if you traveled with friends or solo for longer trips? Things that seem insignificant but can be a huge issue .
Do beverages count in the no eating out rule. Do you pre drink and get nothing if you go dancing and get parched?

How does he know he can make anything as good as the restaurant if he never has a comparasion

@fula97 He said he liked an occasional weekend get away. To me, that didn't sound often. Other things he emphasized was a movie and bike riding. Don't know if he mind me traveling solo or without him. He would have to like it because I like to travel with family and friends and we eat out and sometimes cook! I imagine getting drinks while out dancing was fine, just not a meal. I haven't figured out what his deal is, is it frugality or he just don't like others cooking.

@LiftedUp he said that he loves to cook and is a good cook. He can cook anything, however, he was very interested in how often I cook and what I like to cook. He didnt seem to like the fact that I eat out several times a week. Its hard to call if he will cook for me or he wants me to cook for him. From his questions, I'd say both.

this is way too much goddamn nonsense from a dude you havent even gone out with yet. girl, stop the madness.

Call a spade a spade! He's CHEAP!

There is no special diet. No special preparation. No special nada that merits him never eating out. He just wants to see if you'll put up with it so that he doesn't have to spend money on YOU. Bet if another girl told him she wanted to try Le Bistro restaurant, and he was into her, he'd be eating out right now.

I do believe this!

[QUOTE="CaraWalker, post: 21406893, member: 404841 this is way too much goddamn nonsense from a dude you havent even gone out with yet. girl, stop the madness.[/QUOTE]

I know, right! The more I speak with him, the less I'm interested. He was complaining about his daughter thats in college eating out all the time. He want her to eat in. He said its so easy for her to boil some noodles or make some rice and veggies. Yikes. I can't see myself with him.

The more I speak with him, the less I'm interested. He was complaining about his daughter thats in college eating out all the time. He want her to eat in. He said its so easy for her to boil some noodles or make some rice and veggies. Yikes. I can't see myself with him.
*sigh* you haven't gone on an official date yet and all he seems to focus on is why eating out is bad. He would prefer her to eat noodles everyday :nono:. If you want a hike/bike buddy that's as far as I would go with this one.

Nawl son I like Jamaican, Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, Seafood, and an occasional Steak.

I like different flavors
I like the setting and ambiance
I like people watching
I like being out of the house
I want to sit and talk and get to know you outside of the house in public in my own car where I feel safe and comfy.

He would have to be major in other areas of life to make me really want to see him past my 90 day evaluation period.

Sounds like he just wants you to come over to his place...don't trust a dude that can't compromise, doesn't seem like he's really trying to win you over either...I'd pass.

Even if that's his true nature to avoid eating out, he's gonna want to do what YOU want to do if he's really trying to impress you.

Back