Got a "hair buddy"?

Re: Got a \"hair buddy\"?

AKAngel904 me to. It's like since I've found this hair board my hair seems to be becoming my best friend. (seeing how much time we spend togeter and all)

let's be hair buddies!
grin.gif

I'm in florida too!

Lol..Aight. We can be hair buddies. What part of Florida are you from?

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy, I have a hair buddy.
dance7.gif

ft.lauderdale florida
frown.gif
o.k to far to travel but we can still talk hair! you're 1-2 inches from brastrap? cool.

I think I'm about 4-5 inched away(I have a long torso)

[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
I' would mind having another hair buddy. I have one who is not a member of this board (she used to lurk). She's on hiatus from the internet right (she working on a project).

Let's see:

I'm natural as well, 4a mostly i guess. I don't know the length of my hair but if I stretch it it is between my shoulder blades. I don't know my hair type ( I assume 4a/4b). I prefer natural products but I try commercial ones. I like to make hair products (when I have time).
I s'pose that all folks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you and me NGC?
I'm natural as well, and my hair when stretched is also shoulder blades in back and a li'l past collarbone in front (I think it's averaging 9-10 inches all around).

I use commercial products, but I wouldn't mind trying natural products and someday when time allows, making my own!

My first goal is to be at bra-strap by May this year.
So howza bout it?

I never asked for a buddy b/c I felt like everyone that wanted one already had one. I would love to have a hair buddy.
My stats:
Natural (kinky, curly, coily hair type)
I use natural and commercial products
love to learn new techniques
Chopped in jan 2003
Hair is about shoulder length when stretched
Love the forum and love to chat

Holla at me!
Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
lakettab said:
Tracyannette I would love to be your hair buddy. I'll pm you.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! Thanks so much, I am glad to have a hair buddy.

[ QUOTE ]
offthechainliz said:
ft.lauderdale florida
frown.gif
o.k to far to travel but we can still talk hair! you're 1-2 inches from brastrap? cool.

I think I'm about 4-5 inched away(I have a long torso)

[/ QUOTE ]
Ill actually be in the Miami area this month for a conference, but anyway pm anytime hair buddy.

[ QUOTE ]
Natural 4a/b; Start:1/2"; Now:About 3" from waist

[/ QUOTE ]
Wooww... is it really true? *rubbing eyes*
You know I'm trying to grow my 4b hair out--do you use heat on your hair?

HI sweetyb
smile.gif

Yep! It's true. I starting growing it out November of 1999. It's been a learning process. I haven't used heat that much cause I have been in braids or interlocks or weaves since 1999. I use heat maybe 1-3x/year. I'm trying to find a new style so I can get out of braids/interlocks for a year or so. I only plan to use heat about 3x-4x this year.
smile.gif

Myhairsos!

I use Pantene Relaxed and Natural! It's the best. I'll use Organic Root Stimulator for deep conditioner and a mayonaise/cholesterol conditioner once a week for really deep conditions. Pantene is terrific for me. I'm also loving Aubrey's and Giovanni Leave-in, but they're kinda expensive. Good luck, and yes, let's do keep in touch...

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Myhairsos!

I use Pantene Relaxed and Natural! It's the best. I'll use Organic Root Stimulator for deep conditioner and a mayonaise/cholesterol conditioner once a week for really deep conditions. Pantene is terrific for me. I'm also loving Aubrey's and Giovanni Leave-in, but they're kinda expensive. Good luck, and yes, let's do keep in touch...

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG, I use the same thing minus the A&G leave in.

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
I' would mind having another hair buddy. I have one who is not a member of this board (she used to lurk). She's on hiatus from the internet right (she working on a project).

Let's see:

I'm natural as well, 4a mostly i guess. I don't know the length of my hair but if I stretch it it is between my shoulder blades. I don't know my hair type ( I assume 4a/4b). I prefer natural products but I try commercial ones. I like to make hair products (when I have time).
I s'pose that all folks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you and me NGC?
I'm natural as well, and my hair when stretched is also shoulder blades in back and a li'l past collarbone in front (I think it's averaging 9-10 inches all around).

I use commercial products, but I wouldn't mind trying natural products and someday when time allows, making my own!

My first goal is to be at bra-strap by May this year.
So howza bout it?

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif
dance7.gif
party2.gif

Yeah! I have another hair buddy. I'm excited.
smile.gif

I want to reach bra strap by December 2004. I think I have slow growth syndrome
laugh.gif

Cool. I pmed ya back
smile.gif

Hi NGC and BahamaMama!

Why don't you count me in! In fact, I've thought about starting a natural hair care post to support naturals. My shrinkage is awful. I've had people ask me if I cut my hair. I even had my co-worker imply that my hair is too short to get two-strand twists done; or, that hers will cost more than mine because her hair is long. We have just about the same length, but she doesn't have nearly as much shrinkage!
mad.gif

I would love to make some natural hair buddies! Don't have any...
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Hi NGC and BahamaMama!

Why don't you count me in! In fact, I've thought about starting a natural hair care post to support naturals. My shrinkage is awful. I've had people ask me if I cut my hair. I even had my co-worker imply that my hair is too short to get two-strand twists done; or, that hers will cost more than mine because her hair is long. We have just about the same length, but she doesn't have nearly as much shrinkage!
mad.gif

I would love to make some natural hair buddies! Don't have any...
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! Another hair buddy
bouncy.gif

laugh.gif
I need a graemlin that dances in circles.........

Girl, see, that's inspiring. I started the summer of '99 growing out my natural hair, but I feel like I've hit a wall because it's never gone past my shoulders. So, at 3" from your waist, have you met your hair goal, if not what's next for you? Or is it just getting control of the VISA?
grin.gif
And as for styles, I'm trying to put together a styling guide on my site. I would love to see twists or flat cornrows on your hair... I can see it now
cool.gif

I am in need of a hair buddy. I am currently 12 weeks post relaxer because I want to switch to a lye relaxer. Even though I know my hair is growing I just don't "see" it like I did when it was super short.It feels like I have been at this length forever. Hoping to be past bra strap by June 2004.Any one??

helthynzs,
we can be hair buddies. I like extending my touch up but I use no-lye and I'm fine haired. I'm up for the June 2004 bra strap challenge. Hopefully, I'll get there though my next touch up is in April/May

Well, if anyone is thinking about returning to natural, transitioning, or is natural and wants a hairbuddy to pm, I'm available and would be more than happy to do it. I have about 15 inches of natural hair, my hair type is like Lenny Kravitz, and it shrinks to about 2-3 inches when wet
smile.gif

hey everyone, i'm not sure how many inches of hair i have but i'm 3.5 inches from brastrap and 12 weeks post relaxer. i'm 4a/b not a product junky at all and i don't do conditioning washes, biweekly washes, daily washes or any of that good stuff. i also haven't done an EVOO or clarifying yet (but plan to do each the next time i wash my hair) i wash with CON and deep condition with Queene Helene Cholesterol. i spray my new growth with Sta Sof Fro. i dont believe in scheduled trims but instead dusting stray hairs if necessary. i shampoo every 8-10 days and i am a big believer in treating your new growth and relaxed hair like two different at all times not just when stretching out relaxers and such. (my new growth gets thirsty too
laugh.gif
) i only use heat after i wash to blowdry and i use my curling iron maybe once every 3 or 4 months. if this sounds like anyone out there and you want a hair buddy, just let me know
smile.gif
--jainygirl

I need a Transitioning Hair Buddy specifically. Preferably someone with 3C,4A, or 4B hair typs. Please help!! Plus I have good techniques to share as well!! :-) smile!

I am kinda late but I need a hair buddy. I must be the only person on this board who doesn't have one
frown.gif

---
<font color="pink">Name:</font> Denali03
<font color="pink">Background: </font>I have 4a hair that is in pretty good shape. I am about 4 inches away from bra-strap and I plan on cutting it once I achieve this length
shocked.gif
. How could I forget, I have blonde highlights too
wink.gif

Holla at ya Girl
laugh.gif

Hey,

I need a hair buddy. I am a 4a/b (4a mostly in the back). I am relaxed I use affirm lye mild. I am currently 3 inches or less from brastrap in the back. I am a pj but I have gotten it under control because of my new found loves: Kenra, porosity control, elucence, creme of nature, salerm ect....

I wait about 2 months before I get a relaxer. I wash my hair once a week, I airdry but I think I will start to rollerset again. I love to talk hair and none of my friends get excited like me. So if this sounds good to you let me know
clap.gif
. I am in MA, so if I could somebody in this area it would be nice, its okay if you aren't though.

Back