Got a "hair buddy"?

Re: Got a \"hair buddy\"?

Wildflower, I would like to be your hair buddy. We sound pretty similar in our hair care.

-Type 4a/b
-About 2-3 inches past shoulders
-Wash weekly and air dry
-last relaxer was in January, next touch up scheduled for July
-I'm a self relaxer and trimmer as well

PM me and let me know.

I had a hair buddy, but I don't know where the heck she went.
laugh.gif

I posted that I wanted a hair buddy a while ago, to no avail. So I'll try again...
I'm 4 a/b, fine (my hair that is
drunk.gif
) , shoulder length & relaxed. I'm one of those ladies who can't wait too long between relaxers because the fine texture of my relaxed hair and new growth is WAY too different and it breaks easily. AND I think my PJism is almost under control. :stands up "My name is Star Quality and I'm a recovering Product Junkie"

*edited to say more*

I want a hair buddy!

I'm a relaxed 3c/4a/4b (mostly 4a, a little 3c, and I THINK 4b)my hair is thick, is about 1 1/2" past shoulder length when stretched, I'm trying to wait as long as possible before I get a touch up. My hair is colored (semi permanent). I'm somewhat a product junkie, but I think that will be cured because I only need a few more staple products in my regimen. I'm trying to get back to bra-strap length.. that is my goal.

I wash my hair at least once every 10 days. I either deep condition, do a reconstructive treatment, or do a protein treatment every time I wash my hair. I don't grease my scalp, but I do use ORS Carrot Oil on my scalp every night after spraying Surge. I'm breaking away from the blowdryer and mainly rollerset my hair under a hood dryer or let my hair airdry in the rollers.

Is there anybody like me?

Someone tried to reach me yesterday about being my hairbuddy, but i cant find her
cry3.gif
if you're out there here i am
wave.gif
... If not, here's a repost of what i'm looking for in a hairbuddy
wink.gif
TIA -- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
decided to move this to this thread
smile.gif

Did i ever get a hairbuddy the first time around??? i know that i touched base with a cpl of people but cant remember if we ever hooked up and officially became buddies I would like to buddy up with someone that has the same hair interests.-- please no p.j.'s i'm just not that much into trying new things Anyway here's a rundown on me

I'm relaxed 4a/b, dont take hair vits ( i do take 100mg of vitaminB daily as a dietary supplement) I shampoo weekly with CON, deep condition once a month with Queen Helene Cholesterol, dont really do conditioning washes, I do blowdry, use curling iron about every 4 months or so, my daily hairstyle is usually a bun--if not a bun then a ponytail, I do use cones and grease on occasion, currently 1/2 -1in past brastrap and 3.5 - 4 inches away from my next goal.

If your routine sounds similar to this and you share the less is more philosophy on product usage and you'd like to buddy up please post or send me a PM pleaseeeeee
laugh.gif
-- thanks -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for a hair buddy.
My hair type is either 3b or 3c and i'm totally natural with shoulder length hair.

although I have some hair buddies, I can take more
smile.gif
I need reinforcements on occasions. So, anybody? everybody? somebody?
smile.gif

Re: Got a "hair buddy"?

Okay..this may sound like a dumb question..I think I asked a long time ago but not sure if I ever got an answer.. what exactly is a hair buddy for?? Motivation?? To talk to something going through the same hair woes as yourself?? Stuff like that??

I wouldn't mind having one.. 3C.. natural.. about 3-4 inches of hair.. doing the Curly Girl method.. it would be cool finding a buddy doing the CG Method too!! My goal is to get to unstretched.. and I'm kinda a PJ.. we were broke for a LONG time...we're coming out of that now..so I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed out on..:lachen:

PM me if anyone is interested..

Please, please, I need a hair buddy. I'm a 4a/4b, relaxed, and 3 months after a haircut. My hair is very dry, sheds and breaks a lot. My goal is to have healthy hair and am trying to learn how to care for my hair better.

I'd like a hair buddy also. I am transitioning. I think that I have 3c/4a hair. about 3-4 inches natural hair and between 1& 2 inches relaxed hair.

RushGirl, a hairbuddy is usually someone who has about the same type hair as you, and you share your regimens, what products work for you, what techniques work for you, etc.. because if you have the same type of hair.. usually the same things will work for you, and for motivation and general conversation. Or at least thats what I have my hairbuddies for.. (hey DJD and Shawnee!)

I'm game for more hairbuddies, if any of you ladies think you are compatible with me. :)

candibaby said:
RushGirl, a hairbuddy is usually someone who has about the same type hair as you, and you share your regimens, what products work for you, what techniques work for you, etc.. because if you have the same type of hair.. usually the same things will work for you, and for motivation and general conversation. Or at least thats what I have my hairbuddies for.. (hey DJD and Shawnee!)

I'm game for more hairbuddies, if any of you ladies think you are compatible with me. :)
That's what I was thinking..I was kinda on the right track.. Thanks so much for helping me out!!!!!!! Greatly appreciated!

wow, someone brought this thread back? interesting. I got one hairbuddy out of this thread last year. I don't know where in the world she's been, but if anyone shares my hair type, hair options, products or hobbies, feel free to PM or AIM me!

I need a hair buddy but I guess it would be easier if I had an album so someone could see me and what kind of hair I'm working with...So I need a hair buddy that can help me get an album on here too b/c I really don't know where to start.

I would like a hair buddy! My hair is type 2b and 2c and its relaxed and colored. If you would like to be my hair buddy you can PM me.

happylocks said:
I need a hair BUDDYYYY !!!
I am natural 4a/b, thick hair, some what of a pj , if that is possible
grin.gif
, I will try even smell things on my hair, I Hope my buddy will be natural and very proud of it, someone with the same texture if possible, and interested in long hair goals,
smile.gif
I have just started juicing some one that is interested in that would be great, I want to do raw veg for about a month or 2 so I need support and I am not going to find that from my family
ohwell.gif
I try to cut down on my vitamins but , I am still a junky, My hair is mostly in twist or badly done cornrows
blush.gif
I use henna when I can, and I do belive certain things help in hair growth, Someone who is not afraid of water !!! I have no pets, I want to start running, and excerising, I am looking for a local H-Town buddy, pm me
frown.gif
(plz), I really need to get in shape, and workout so I need support
frown.gif
, any additional info pm me, I really would like a local buddy , I am not getting much support on my own
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
so I need a hair sister,
ty

Pick me! Pick me! I am in Texas but not H-town

i dont have a hair buddy either...
im new to the board...:)
i would sure like to have one though...
college student
shoulder length hair
goal length: mid-back
uhhhh favorite color pink :)
PM if your interested...
*eww i feel like im writing in the personals*

Need a TWA buddy.

I'm looking for a TWA buddy...I recently cut all of my relaxed hair off...wasn't planning to, but needed to save time and simplify some things. I plan on growing it out, so I'm looking for a buddy to compare notes with and to encourage one another in the grow out phase. Anyone interested, PM me please. Thank you!

Back