Got a "hair buddy"?

Re: Got a \"hair buddy\"?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah! Tekmommie picked me!!!

I would like to thank all of the hair people that made this possible....LOL
king.gif
wave.gif

Tekmommie - I just posted about my over active thyroid, and my hair shedding and thinning - it is embarassing to find you hair everywhere!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you post it at? I haven't seen it.

<font color="brown">I would LOVE a hair buddy
grin.gif
(putting on my best smile).

My "stats":

<ul type="square">
[*]I live in Fort Myers, FL, and I travel to my hometown (West Palm Beach) frequently. I stock up on hair and beauty products while I am there
smirk.gif

[*]I have type 4a hair that is relaxed. Even though I need a touch-up, I measured my hair to be roughly 4-1/2 inches from the top of my brastrap. I am almost 11 weeks post relaxer, so I will have to measure again after I get my touch up (next week). I am a rollerset, and airdry enthusiast (no blow drying or heated appliances - only every now and then).

[*]I gravitate to herbal and natural products. I have also experimented with a few salon lines that incorporate herbals in their products.

[*]I make all of my own hot oil and natural pre-shampoo treatments. I also make my own hair oil moisturizer. Needless to say that I have a cabinet and refrigerator filled with oils . . .

[*]I go through "waves" of PJism. When I go through a shopping binge, I can describe it as "swift, but severe." Then, once it is out of my system, I am good for months without any thoughts of new purchases. I am in the middle of a binge as we speak . . .
driver.gif
(this is me driving all over town looking for that one great product that I have been DYING to try . . .)

[*]I have a husband, 1 daugther, and 2 cats - - all of whom are subjected to my vitamin, herbal and/or homemade concoctions (yes, even the cats - they are currently on a vitamin enriched EFA regimen, and they get combed and massaged daily).

[*]Pet Peeve: Stylists that don't listen
mad.gif

[/list]

Anyone is welcomed to respond
grin.gif
(My best smile again!)

AngieK
</font>

i have a few hair buddies that have been with me through this whole journey. even though leejure and i have very different hair, she's my homie too.
smile.gif

egyptiansand, i'm still around. i just don't post as much as i used to. if you have yahoo messenger, i'm on there almost nightly. i'm kinda bad at responding to PM's right away. messenger is better for me. do you have it?

How did I miss this thread? Well I would just luuuuvvv a hair buddy. How bout you Cami or you ComfortablyNumb, it seems like we may have similar textures. I'm available, or anyone else for that matter.
alcoholics.gif
We can pick each other up.

-Hello?
-Hi, yes, I'd like to place an order for a hair buddy please.
Yes, preferably someone with pj-tendencies, easy-going though slightly vain, humorous though not someone who will laugh at my hair depressions.
I'm a 3c, underprocessed, shoulder length, pretty healthy that has a pink tinge to it due to improper dye job. Currently in self made braids (to let them po' strands rest a bit) I need a buddy to guide me back to beauty.
If you have one of those send her my way.
In return I'll give plenty of encouragement and share some of my extensive life and hair experiences.
I might even send over a Swedish gift such as surströmming, en köttbulle or my personal favorite örtsalt!
Thank you.
smile.gif

Hey! I need a hair buddy too!

Okay this is me:

My hair is 2B/2C, almost shoulder length, very thick. I am transitioning right now and so I have relaxed straight hairs mixing in with my natural hair. I'm Ananda Lewis' jacked up hair twin!!

Also, pjism is hard to do with me because I can't get a lot of the products mentioned here in Germany and so I tend to use salon brands i.e. Kerastase, Redken, Wella, Tigi, etc. or homemade products.

If interested, drop me a line!!
wave.gif

I posted under you email about owning your own business, and I said that I was the lucky one who asked you to be my hair buddy, and you is a business woman!!!....
trampoline.gif

And that nobody be thinkin' they can pay me to give you up, or else
swordfight.gif

I know you gonna think this is crazy, but I am still trying to work my way around this site!!!
nuts.gif

I think I posted under Hair Tips?
sleep8.gif
Someone wrote that their hair was falling out, and that her dermatologist reccommended Nioxin - which is what they told me to use - so I wrote her back and told her that I was impressed with the product.

Listen I am in Manhattan - if you need any info let me know I will gather and send
sekret.gif
Also - I want to send you a picture, but I have no way of doing it on my computer - can I mail you one?
party.gif
I feel a bit dizzy, and nauseated
ill.gif
and I swear I try not to think about it.

I am very fortunate that my boss is cool in the sense that he is very understanding - so he gives me space - I work at the ASPCA, I am a facility/Fire Safety Director - in Manhattan, and I live in the city as well. I live alone with my 8 month old bulldog (Nola) - my parents asked me to move in with them while I got better, but I would rather bleed profusely before that would happen
wallbash.gif
I am a strong believer in the universal law - and I believe everything happens for a reason, even if it does not make sense right away? down the road we will see the sign...
Have I jumped all over the place???
ohwell.gif
I apologize it is what I call my "Puerto Rican-ness" - talk a mile a minute...
hammer.gif
just tell me when to shut up it will work and I won't be offended
love.gif

Is it possible? I've failed at a few attempts with people on the board
frown.gif

I'm not even good at writing an ad.
frown.gif

Funny I never really thought about it before.....I guess I dont really know if I do...I THINK I do...
spinning.gif

In any event a little about me:
My hair is about shoulder length right now and about 4 1/2 inches from brastrap in the back. Im currently wearing braids that I just finished (pics can be viewed under the post I Finished My Braids!). Thats all Folks!

i wish i had one. anyone with my hair type interested? my hair is also thin-med.

Umm, India, Ummm, okay how do I say this?, Umm...Lets see...LOL

It really is okay to PM me
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing. I will PM you with my email address.

AngieK, I would love to be your hair buddy!
smile.gif
We have much in common, including sporadic PJism, a preference for airdrying/rollersetting, and oils. I am a relaxed 3c and 15 weeks post-touchup.

Let me know.

wave.gif
here is my ad if any one is interested

Iam 3b (i think)
3 more inches until bra strap-(20 inches currently)
fine not thin hair
transitioner (7mo.)
goal 1 -bra-strap
goal 2 -natural bra-strap

I like long walk in the park and ................just kidding
rofl.gif

someone please pick me

(leejure if you dont have a hair buddy I would be honored to be your hair buddy
your the major reason I decide to go natural your my hair idol)
notworthy.gif
<font color="blue"> </font>

I need a hair BUDDYYYY !!!
I am natural 4a/b, thick hair, some what of a pj , if that is possible
grin.gif
, I will try even smell things on my hair, I Hope my buddy will be natural and very proud of it, someone with the same texture if possible, and interested in long hair goals,
smile.gif
I have just started juicing some one that is interested in that would be great, I want to do raw veg for about a month or 2 so I need support and I am not going to find that from my family
ohwell.gif
I try to cut down on my vitamins but , I am still a junky, My hair is mostly in twist or badly done cornrows
blush.gif
I use henna when I can, and I do belive certain things help in hair growth, Someone who is not afraid of water !!! I have no pets, I want to start running, and excerising, I am looking for a local H-Town buddy, pm me
frown.gif
(plz), I really need to get in shape, and workout so I need support
frown.gif
, any additional info pm me, I really would like a local buddy , I am not getting much support on my own
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
so I need a hair sister,
ty

Yes,I have a hair buddy. Her name is Mecca and we have both transitioned over a year without doing the big chop.

I don't have one on this board, but I have mad a monster out of my best friend/racquetball partner. We were both struggling so bad with our hair, dealing with shedding, etc. from working out. When I found this board and started learning things, I passed the information on to her. She is so out of control!!! lol It is good to have someone that doesn't think you are overly obsessive about your hair or being vain.

[ QUOTE ]
Princess_J said:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm desperately in need of a buddy!
me too

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a couple hair buddies!!
laugh.gif

This is too much fun...
My hair buddy request ~~

* I have type 4/b hair that is natural.
* I use primarly herbal/ natural / products.
* I make my own concoctions ( when time permits)
* Major PJ tendencies , when the mood hits, and I have a passion for researching exotic ingredients , preported to grow or enhance hair. Currently, investigating Osmostics (FNS)
* I rather obsessed with scalp health, cleaniliness as my hair is ususally braided or in twists.
* I've been edge-challenged before
frown.gif
( yikes ) ( 2 yr nightmare ) but I'm PM you on that trauma later, once we make a match..
* I am 40 sum-thing and my hair is thinning
blush.gif
and acting weird , so I'm always on the look out for what will help keep my 'roots' rooted !
* Also health and wellness are major factors in my hair journey , so be prepared to have long conversations about 'what cha eating '
lick.gif
etc...etc...
*Girl, I need some help with styles ..I'm in hair style rut right about now. I'm stuck and I need help ~~ help bring a 'sister' back into her groove.
wink.gif

Hey, I need one, too! PM me if you think you can hang w/ me
wink.gif
lol...

-My hair's almost shoulder-length

-I used to be natural (TWA, baby)

-I'm currently texturized/mildly relaxed

-I'm thinking about going back to natural the transitioner's way.

-I am sooooooo tempted to cut my hair and start from scratch again (Like, start w/ a cute, natural, short hair cut that I can flat-iron when I want)

-I plan to eventually have waist-length hair

let me know if this sounds cool

krys

HL,

I will be your hair buddy. I live in Dallas, not Houston if that is ok. I have suceeded in losing 37 lbs so I think I have the Diet and Exercise thing down. My hair is another story. I have just started transitioning out of a relaxer Nov 2003 and have about 1/2 - 1" of new growth.

I was rollersetting and am now wearing a wig during my transition to natural. I ran last year with a group of sisters training for a 1/2 marathon and they will be starting up again in a few weeks (it is so cold!!)

PM me!!

I want a hair buddy too!
I have transitioning type 4 hair that is in braids now. 6 inches natural, the rest not, down to a few inches past shoulder. Currently wearing braids right now.

I would love someone who also plans to transition for at least a year or likes natural hair.

If anyone is still looking for a hair buddy I am available. I think this is a great idea.

<font color="red"> I would love to have a hair buddy too. </font> .
smile.gif

Maybe we should start a "Looking For Hair Buddy Thread", or is this it?

1. I have a relaxer (trying to stretch them out to 4 months instead of 4 ...maybe work my way to 5 months ...we'll see)
2. I'm not sure which texture my hair is (you can see as soon as my website is finished)
3. I will be switching over to more natural products
4. I'm a PJ ...and proud of it ... i think
crazy.gif

5. I need help doing more CO washes, and sticking to my regimen
6. Need help using the baggie technique more, instead of wearing my hair out so often ...especially since it's winter.
7. I'M A SHEA BUTTER JUNKIE ... AN I LIKE MIXING MY OWN CONCOCTIONS(SP??)

BALLET BUN ...
driver.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Now Ballet Bun you know that we are unofficial hair buddies!
laugh.gif

Girl Let's make it official!

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif
Yes, let's!
clap.gif
... Wish I had posted this sooner
smile.gif

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Now Ballet Bun you know that we are unofficial hair buddies!
laugh.gif

Girl Let's make it official!

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif
Yes, let's!
clap.gif
... Wish I had posted this sooner
smile.gif

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright!!!