Girlfriend Duties?

What do you define as lightweight cleaning though?

Vacuuming, load the dish washer, a little dusting, etc.

I find myself cleaning SO bathroom because it makes me feel more comfy when I stay over. Those little hairs around the sink don't bother him but the gross me out.

This works for me but different strokes for different folks.

Whew. I'm ready to use up ALL my thanks in this thread.

SMDH. Look, I AM a wife and I don't run behind my husband cooking and cleaning. He's a grown man, he took care of himself before we met and he takes care of all of us (me and our kids) now.

I'm so glad I came up watching my step-dad do the cooking and half the cleaning... or I could have ended up with some knuckle-head fool like the one described here.

Lol thats amazing and I'm a bit confused on the subject.

What are boyfriend or SO duties...because my SO does the wife duties lol (cooking,cleaning,laundry etc]

bertstare.jpg
You are working that gif this weekend! :lachen:

IMO, a girlfriend's job is to be supportive. To be your friend...emotional support...a sounding board...someone to spend time with...and if you two decide that you want to, to be your lover. Girlfriend's job is not to be a wife without a ring. I think too many of us don't know that and fall for the okey doke and start cleaning and cooking and raw-dogging these Negroes b/c we're the "girlfriend." Bump that ish. If I'm giving all that, where is the incentive to put a ring on it?
Basically. For as long as I am a girlfriend, the man will get only a friend. Surely, you don't expect your friend to come clean up after you? To me, a girlfriend is just that: A girl who is a friend. As the #1 friend in his life (his "boys" do not come before me), I am supportive, cheerful, and fun to be around. I accept his devotion and lavish him with compliments as positive reinforcement. Being seen with me makes him look good and he rises in the esteem of others through association with me. My treatment of him, the deliciousness of my food on the occasions he may find some leftovers in my fridge, the spotlessness of my apartment when I allow him over, the way I handle my younger siblings, and my overall demeanor all tell him that I would make a fine wife. He respects my values and dignity, both of which prevent me from being his bedroom freak, maid, or chef before we have embarked on a life together ordained by God. He auditions for me, showing me that he is an excellent provider and protector, and will only get better with age, so that I may consider ceding over my health and almost a year per child to producing his offspring. It is not natural for women to audition and preen for men. Even animals know that.

Basically. For as long as I am a girlfriend, the man will get only a friend. Surely, you don't expect your friend to come clean up after you? To me, a girlfriend is just that: A girl who is a friend. As the #1 friend in his life (his "boys" do not come before me), I am supportive, cheerful, and fun to be around. I accept his devotion and lavish him with compliments as positive reinforcement. Being seen with me makes him look good and he rises in the esteem of others through association with me. My treatment of him, the deliciousness of my food on the occasions he may find some leftovers in my fridge, the spotlessness of my apartment when I allow him over, the way I handle my younger siblings, and my overall demeanor all tell him that I would make a fine wife. He respects my values and dignity, both of which prevent me from being his bedroom freak, maid, or chef before we have embarked on a life together ordained by God. He auditions for me, showing me that he is an excellent provider and protector, and will only get better with age, so that I may consider ceding over my health and almost a year per child to producing his offspring. It is not natural for women to audition and preen for men. Even animals know that.
Tell it, sho nuff and GOOD NIGHT.

Excellent post! I think I just might save that. :yep:

If your in girlfriend mode do you still date or consider yourself single

Vacuuming, load the dish washer, a little dusting, etc.

I find myself cleaning SO bathroom because it makes me feel more comfy when I stay over. Those little hairs around the sink don't bother him but the gross me out.

This works for me but different strokes for different folks.
All of my boyfriends have known to clean up before I arrive. The one time a fellow let me come over to see his dirty tub, I fetched him a sponge and all purpose cleaner from his cupboard. He apologized and proceed to clean. When he was done cleaning, I came to inspect, pointed out a few areas he missed, then took a shower when he had done a good job. I ended up dumping that guy because he kept trying me with shenanigans he had played with his ex. Now, he has a new gf who he runs ragged, but he still knows to straighten up and have my red wine ready on the rare occasion I come over (we are friends now).

I am consistent because my apartment is spotless when people come over (actually, spotless virtually all the time) and I would never let company do the cleaning. I am traditional in that I take having company very seriously and make sure to play a good hostess. Seeing how I lay out cutleries, serve take-out gracefully, pour wine, and ask about their comfort, the men I date know to treat me the same way. A man shouldn't ever get so comfortable with me during courtship that he forgets that having me over is a special occasion, and I don't ever forget that having him over is a special occasion too.

Whew. I'm ready to use up ALL my thanks in this thread.

SMDH. Look, I AM a wife and I don't run behind my husband cooking and cleaning. He's a grown man, he took care of himself before we met and he takes care of all of us (me and our kids) now.

I'm so glad I came up watching my step-dad do the cooking and half the cleaning... or I could have ended up with some knuckle-head fool like the one described here.
I know what you mean. I'm not married yet but my parents share household duties. At times my dad will do more than my mom so I know to keep it moving with any fool who pulls that ish with me.:yep:

I wish I could fit this onto a tee shirt and pass them out to people.

You are working that gif this weekend! :lachen:
Bert speaks volumes without me having to step on e-toes:look:

Obama agrees.

All of my boyfriends have known to clean up before I arrive. The one time a fellow let me come over to see his dirty tub, I fetched him a sponge and all purpose cleaner from his cupboard. He apologized and proceed to clean. When he was done cleaning, I came to inspect, pointed out a few areas he missed, then took a shower when he had done a good job. I ended up dumping that guy because he kept trying me with shenanigans he had played with his ex. Now, he has a new gf who he runs ragged, but he still knows to straighten up and have my red wine ready on the rare occasion I come over (we are friends now).

I am consistent because my apartment is spotless when people come over (actually, spotless virtually all the time) and I would never let company do the cleaning. I am traditional in that I take having company very seriously and make sure to play a good hostess. Seeing how I lay out cutleries, serve take-out gracefully, pour wine, and ask about their comfort, the men I date know to treat me the same way. A man shouldn't ever get so comfortable with me during courtship that he forgets that having me over is a special occasion, and I don't ever forget that having him over is a special occasion too.

That's cool if that's what worked for y'all. I don't ever feel as if I am being "run ragged" when I do the things I listed for my SO and I doubt he feels used when he's doing for me in return.

Question, did you ever expect him to do any of the things(or others) that I listed for you?

Oh, as for the OP...yeaaaaaa, I won't be doing that often anyway. Not because I'm the girlfriend and not the wife...but because I just won't be doing that often :giggle: Especially cooking. Good thing most of the guys I've been involved with have loved cooking! I'm glad I attract these types of men because I have no interest in cooking and would strongly prefer the man to cook :yep: My father does most (90%) of the cleaning...so I kind of expect that too :lol: But I'm willing to clean once in a while :giggle:

If your in girlfriend mode do you still date or consider yourself single
In the early stages, I still date. When the guy makes it clear he wants me to himself and has behaved well, I am monogamous. But my monogamy is different from most people's monogamy, because while I may be physically faithful, I consider myself single until married, so I am still looking and taking mental notes of prospects the entire time. The guys I am with know this too and either step up their game accordingly or fall by the wayside.

Are you guys married? How long? and (if not to personal) How old are you and DH?
I have been engaged twice (with a third unofficial engagement) and proposed to a few times. I am a bit of a runaway bride and until recently, I simply could not really see myself committing to any one man for the rest of my life. I also found the thought of children terrifying until recently. I think I am ready to settle down now though.

In the early stages, I still date. When the guy makes it clear he wants me to himself and has behaved well, I am monogamous. But my monogamy is different from most people's monogamy, because while I may be physically faithful, I consider myself single until married, so I am still looking and taking mental notes of prospects the entire time. The guys I am with know this too and either step up their game accordingly or fall by the wayside.

wow sounds like a business lol.

Oh, as for the OP...yeaaaaaa, I won't be doing that often anyway. Not because I'm the girlfriend and not the wife...but because I just won't be doing that often :giggle: Especially cooking. Good thing most of the guys I've been involved with have loved cooking! I'm glad I attract these types of men because I have no interest in cooking and would strongly prefer the man to cook :yep: My father does most (90%) of the cleaning...so I kind of expect that too :lol: But I'm willing to clean once in a while :giggle:
That's me girl. Almost every man I've dated loved cooking.

And another thing ladies, ignore these ratchet statistics. There are plenty of marriage minded, decent men out here if you let go of Ja'quon's trife @$$ and are open to receiving him. I speak from experience. Trust me. You only need one and you DON'T have to settle. Tis all.

wow sounds like a business lol.
I take it very, very seriously. This is more than business; this is my entire life I am potentially planning in dating a man. Especially because I am religious and from a very strictly religious, orthodox family, marriage is forever (with few exceptions). Forever. I can't take planning forever lightly at all. My approach is not for everyone though.

I take it very, very seriously. This is more than business; this is my entire life I am potentially planning in dating a man. Especially because I am religious and from a very strictly religious, orthodox family, marriage is forever (with few exceptions). Forever. I can't take planning forever lightly at all. My approach is not for everyone though.

different strokes. I wish you eternal happiness :) and a healthy future marriage

That's me girl. Almost every man I've dated loved cooking.

And another thing ladies, ignore these ratchet statistics. There are plenty of marriage minded, decent men out here if you let go of Ja'quon's trife @$$ and are open to receiving him. I speak from experience. Trust me. You only need one and you DON'T have to settle. Tis all.
Not Ja'quon! Why we gon let go of Ja'quon? :laugh: I agree with you, Nappystorm. A lot has to do with mindset too. When I was looking for me who would commit to me, when I knew full well I didn't plan to commit to anyone, players-in-sheeps' clothing were popping out at me left and right. I was mad about it too, even though I was a player myself. :laugh: Now that I am ready to get serious, it seems all I am meeting are serious men. Women are not supposed to want to play the field, so a lot of us are in denial about just not yet being ready to be with one person for the rest of our lives. I think when we are ready, most of us will align our steps accordingly and find our way.

If a guy loves you do they really need, incentive, to marry you.

LOL...yes. Love doesn't conquer all or pay bills or push someone to commit. We're fed by the media that a marriage is all about love. No, it's not. It's way more complex than that.

If I was a dude and had a woman cooking, cleaning, and sexing me and she was making no real demands of me, she just wanted to hear "I love you" and get some gifts from time to time, why would I marry her? She already made it clear she's not going anywhere, so what's the point? If we marry and end up divorcing, I may have to pay her alimony...whereas if we continue to play "pretend marriage" I don't have to pay a damn thing.

You have to demand/create incentives for a man...They're simple in that way...

I told a friend of mine this he was appalled.

I like how you think thiends.

I told a friend of mine this he was appalled.

I like how you think thiends.

Men are foolish. Like for real. I told a guy similarly once, and he was so mad. Like unless you're talking about marrying me, don't think I'm going to slavishly devote myself to you in hopes that you'll do the right thing. I've seen too many women waste their time, emotions, and energy waiting on a man. Bump that. I'm always watching, observing, and keeping notes, so that if my ship starts sinking, I have another to jump onto...:look:

LOL...yes. Love doesn't conquer all or pay bills or push someone to commit. We're fed by the media that a marriage is all about love. No, it's not. It's way more complex than that.

If I was a dude and had a woman cooking, cleaning, and sexing me and she was making no real demands of me, she just wanted to hear "I love you" and get some gifts from time to time, why would I marry her? She already made it clear she's not going anywhere, so what's the point? If we marry and end up divorcing, I may have to pay her alimony...whereas if we continue to play "pretend marriage" I don't have to pay a damn thing.

You have to demand/create incentives for a man...They're simple in that way...

I've never met a guy who said he needed incentive (unless he was a complete do*che), they usually figure if your wife material or not,
I mean isnt the reason most marriages end in divorce is because the woman is pushing the man to get married, plus theres palimony now<go figure. that i guess if you live with someone for a certain amount of time they still pay.

Men are foolish. Like for real. I told a guy similarly once, and he was so mad. Like unless you're talking about marrying me, don't think I'm going to slavishly devote myself to you in hopes that you'll do the right thing. I've seen too many women waste their time, emotions, and energy waiting on a man. Bump that. I'm always watching, observing, and keeping notes, so that if my ship starts sinking, I have another to jump onto...:look:

i probably would be mad to. relationships should prove to me that you can be committed either that or were just friends with benefits and since im abstinent your gonna end up only my friend lmao

I've never met a guy who said he needed incentive (unless he was a complete do*che), they usually figure if your wife material or not,
I mean isnt the reason most marriages end in divorce is because the woman is pushing the man to get married, plus theres palimony now<go figure. that i guess if you live with someone for a certain amount of time they still pay.

Are these guys married Kimgirl? If not, how long have they been dating their girlfriends?

Also, who has been telling you that? Most marriages end b/c of money issues, I think. Do not let these men okey doke and fool you into thinking that their love will push them to tie the knot. If so, why are there so many couples who have been together for 5+ years and they aren't married? Some of these same couples have 1-3 kids, and still no ring. He loves her enough to impregnate her, but not to marry her? Your location states BK, so I know you must know folks in that predicament, b/c NYC is filled with these pseudo-marriage relationships.

Back