FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Please count me in!

I'm currently 3 inches (4 in some spots). And I'm 100% natural.

Here's a pic taken in Feb.
008.jpg

When I first BC'd back in August I co-washed everyday and added Eco-Styler w/ Olive Oil for my styling aid. It was easy breezy! Now that I have between 3-4 inches I don't have to co-wash everyday. So my current routine is:

I co-wash and deep condition with heat every 3 or 4 days. I add Eco Styler w/Olive Oil (no leave-in) doing a combination palm roll/finger curl. Let air dry as I go about my day. Satin bonnet at night. Spritz with water and lift with pick in AM. This can last for a week but I am usually ready to feel water on my scalp by day 4. Repeat.

I use a sulfate shampoo every couple of weeks.

ETA pics:

Here is a current pic. I have I'm guessing at least 85% shrinkage so it doesn't look as if it has grown any but it has.

IMG00034-20110709-1721.jpg

Last edited:
Please count me in!

I'm currently 3 inches (4 in some spots). And I'm 100% natural.

Here's a pic taken in Feb.
008.jpg

Hey nuance7... I think the cut-off date was July 1, 2011. I'm not the OP of this thread, but I think that was one of the reasons many of the other ladies who wanted to join after July 1st were not able to. Just an FYI...

SN: By-the-by, how do you do palm/finger curls?

me~:rolleyes:

Saturday WASH day!!! :yay::yay:

Clarified then used KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo; followed by a DC of Hairveda Daily Moisturizer mixed with Hot 6 Oil and Wild Growth Hair Oil mixture for 30 minutes (shower capped). Rinsed and dried. Moisturized with Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 and Wild Growth Hair Oil; put hair in large-boxed twists.

Aaahhhhh!! Relaxing for about 30 minutes before jumping up and running off to do my show!

I love you, Saturday!! :heart:

Hey @nuance7... I think the cut-off date was July 1, 2011. I'm not the OP of this thread, but I think that was one of the reasons many of the other ladies who wanted to join after July 1st were not able to. Just an FYI...

SN: By-the-by, how do you do palm/finger curls?

OOOOOOPS....sorry! Awwwwww.....:sad:!!!!!!!! I will participate as an "unofficial" member!

Palm/Finger Curl: I apply a "healthy" amount of gel and palm roll around my head with both hands, rubbing around and around. Doing that begins to clump the hair together and it begins to curl. Then I pick out pieces that have not curled and twist ONCE like a finger coil and let it go.

Last edited:
I bought some Yes to Cucumbers and Carrots today. I hope I like these products. Moisturized with the Yes to Cucumbers leave-in and sealed with EVOO. Tomorrow, I'll co-wash with YTC condish.

Ladies can I be completely honest? No one is really monitoring this thread, OP went missing, people who joined the challenge are now MIA, and my name has changed on the board but not in the challenge list but that isn't going to stop me from participating. I feel like if other people have the same goal and going to honestly participate in discussion then we should welcome them with open arms, yes?

Typing from my phone.

Ladies can I be completely honest? No one is really monitoring this thread, OP went missing, people who joined the challenge are now MIA, and my name has changed on the board but not in the challenge list but that isn't going to stop me from participating. I feel like if other people have the same goal and going to honestly participate in discussion then we should welcome them with open arms, yes?

Typing from my phone.

I agree. I don't have any problems with people still joining. In fact, I'd love it if more people came because its so dead in here. And as for the OP, she has been MIA for a while now (hope she's ok) and only checked in sporadically in the past. Perhaps, someone else should take the reigns and keep the thread alive until OP returns.

Where you at MyAngelEyez~C~U? You wanna pick this thread up for us? We love your fro and youre always around. :yep:

Also, lp318lp is up in here on the regular lately.

Suggestions anyone?

We gotta get it together up in here :grin:

I agree. I don't have any problems with people still joining. In fact, I'd love it if more people came because its so dead in here. And as for the OP, she has been MIA for a while now (hope she's ok) and only checked in sporadically in the past. Perhaps, someone else should take the reigns and keep the thread alive until OP returns.

Where you at MyAngelEyez~C~U? You wanna pick this thread up for us? We love your fro and youre always around. :yep:

Also, lp318lp is up in here on the regular lately.

Suggestions anyone?

We gotta get it together up in here :grin:

I'll do my best, ladies :). I'll tag all the original participants later, and then we can come up with some ideas to keep us posting and motivated.

Sent from my iPod Touch using LHCF App

^^^I agree. I've always hated it when I find a challenge and then notice it's been closed. I think we should let anyone in who wants to participate :)

OOOOOOPS....sorry! Awwwwww.....:sad:!!!!!!!! I will participate as an "unofficial" member!

Palm/Finger Curl: I apply a "healthy" amount of gel and palm roll around my head with both hands, rubbing around and around. Doing that begins to clump the hair together and it begins to curl. Then I pick out pieces that have not curled and twist ONCE like a finger coil and let it go.

Nice!! I'll definitely be trying this style soon!! Thanks!!

me~:lachen:

Sent from my Desire HD

The reason I had to "re-surface" was because I realized one day that I was not on point with where I should be in this challenge. I saw different folks coming in the thread and making some REAL progress, and I was like, "Hey wait Lp318Lp! You should be seeing just as much growth as everyone else. I mean seriously, I did join the thread early on!" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Growing up, my dad would always say, "Whatever you do in life, do it until it's complete!" I have to do this until it's complete. I started this challenge, and I refuse to give up. I would always find excuses as to why I couldn't do this or that, but no more. I re-dedicate myself to this thread and will not let more than 2 days go by without me checking in with my girls! :grouphug: I'm also going to print out the original rules and follow them to a T!! I have always wanted long hair, and I finally have an opportunity to obtain it, and I'm not going to let this chance pass me by. I have been VERY busy these last few months, but that is NO EXCUSE to let my hair fall low/off on my list of priorities. :spank:

I know that my success will only come with support and accountability.

As for letting others join, I'm ALL for it too! (I never understood why there was a cut off point anyway...) I think the more, the merrier!!

:club:

I sent the OP a PM, but no response just yet. I was just checking on her to see if all was well, but her profile says that she hasn't signed in since January 8, 2011... @Prettyeyes, we need to hear from you, sis... :yawn:

@MyAngelEyez~C~U : I got your back, girl! I too vote that you (and your 'fro :lick:) take lead until OP returns. @Evallusion, girl, you're on here more than me! I vote you co-captain! (Unless there is already a co-captain who I am unintentionally overlooking... :rolleyes:)

Headed to bed now, ladies. Oh, but before I leave wanted to say that I am still tweaking my regi - thanks to some of the threads I have been reading tonight - so here's the rough draft:

Clarify: Once a month. Last Saturday of the month
DC: Weekly. Saturdays with oils for no less than 30 minutes
Condition: Weekly. Saturdays after shampooing
Protein Treatments: 8-10 week stints with Aphogee 2-Step (Is it just me or does anyone else here the "2-Step" song by Unk everytime they see Aphogee 2-Step Treatment mentioned? I'm just sayin'...)
Moisturize and Seal: Weekly. At least 2-3 times a week. No specified days really...
Sleep with satin bonnet and hiding hair until the end of 2011.

Good night :sleep:

Last edited:
I'm going to give my Caruso Curlers another try today because I'm getting tired of my busted WnGs. Wish me luck ladies!

I dusted my ends for the first time last night since my BC (Aug 2010). I could still use about an inch trim. Ends feel "scraggely"! My hair is in very good condition. Just the very ends feel "off". I wonder if its because my BC was done with the clippers. Anybody else experience this? My hair feels and looks better. But I won't do a full trim until next year some time.

I would like to join as well; the only setback I seem to be having at the moment is retaining length so at the moment I'm stuck at APL. I try to keep my hair up in braids most of the time to keep from manipulating it, but that doesn't seem to help my ends. Any suggestions on how to maintain the ends so I can reach the next level?

I would like to join as well; the only setback I seem to be having at the moment is retaining length so at the moment I'm stuck at APL. I try to keep my hair up in braids most of the time to keep from manipulating it, but that doesn't seem to help my ends. Any suggestions on how to maintain the ends so I can reach the next level?

WELCOME!! What works best for me is bunning. It's hard for me to keep my hair hidden in the summer but once it gets cold, I just wear a bun everyday until it gets warm again. I really think I retained most of my growth from fall to spring. HTH

OK, so the Caruso curlers were a major fail this morning:nono: . I forgot that I saturated my hair in Yes to Cucumbers leave-in and olive oil last night. So, I'm looking HAM y'all!! I ended up rolling my hair for about 15 min while I took a shower and made the bed. Here are my pics. Please don't clown but I only had a few minutes and it was too late to do a WnG. This roller trick is always my last resort :wallbash:

Attachments

• lchf1.jpg
    lchf1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 47
  • lhcf2.jpg
    lhcf2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 47
  • lhcf3.jpg
    lhcf3.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 56
  • lhcf4.jpg
    lhcf4.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 59
Revisited Giovanni Direct Leave in. It's not that bad if you use a dime sized amount. Any more than that it makes my hair feel like straw.

pookaloo83 I water mine down and I absolutely love the stuff now. I learned the hard way though because you're right, any more than a dime size will make for crispy hair!

Okay ladies, I have attempted to tag everyone from the original post, some took, some didn't. So, If you are joining or have joined this challenge, please subscribe and chose to daily or weekly notification option, since I think this will help folks to remember to post (hopefully:look:)Any Newbies wanting to join should either thank this post or the original post, and post your starting length pic and inches.

Please everyone, if you try out new styles, post your pics here so we can see! If there are any other suggestions, please post them:grin:

ETA pookaloo83, you were first leutenant according to the original post, So I think you should take lead, LOL. I'll be your second :grin:.

I'd like to join! I just BC'd in May but I forgot to join then. My last relaxer was Nov 09. When I BC'd, I had 8 inches of hair in most places. Haven't measured since then though!

Thanks for the tag, MyAngelEyez~C~U!! I just hid my hair today under a satin bonnet and a scarf. I may re-do my twist tomorrow, but more than likely... I won't.

If you are hiding your hair with wigs, as a protective style, where do you buy your wigs? Local BSS or online?? I'm going to start investing in wigs soon, so just wanted to see what y'allz were doin'...

Thanks for the tag, MyAngelEyez~C~U!! I just hid my hair today under a satin bonnet and a scarf. I may re-do my twist tomorrow, but more than likely... I won't.

If you are hiding your hair with wigs, as a protective style, where do you buy your wigs? Local BSS or online?? I'm going to start investing in wigs soon, so just wanted to see what y'allz were doin'...

I buy mine from both my local BSS,and online but mostly online. More options and good sales from time to time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Back