FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Adding my wash n go products while in the shower is a definite keeper!

dry wash n go, minimal shrinkage:grin:.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-07-14 at 19.24.jpg
    Photo on 2011-07-14 at 19.24.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I've been trying to wear a super high bun to reduce stress on the parts of my hair that are strained by my usual bun placement.

I'm not lovin' the high bun :nono:. But what's a girl to do? I find that smack dab in the middle of my head there are strands that are shorter, the ends aren't as healthy, and all I can think is that it's right were I bun....

Not sure about any other solutions.:sad: Any suggestions?

I've been trying to wear a super high bun to reduce stress on the parts of my hair that are strained by my usual bun placement.

I'm not lovin' the high bun :nono:. But what's a girl to do? I find that smack dab in the middle of my head there are strands that are shorter, the ends aren't as healthy, and all I can think is that it's right were I bun....

Not sure about any other solutions.:sad: Any suggestions?

Maybe take a break from bunning, try other updo/pin-up styles instead.

Thanks, MyAngelEyez~C~U!! I like the first video better than the second, but when my mane gets longer, this will mos def be a possibility!! :yep:

Oops, I mistyped. I did my Big Chop on 2/24/10 not 2011 :blush:.

No problemo, kiminprogress!

And @lp318lp, I'm proud of you for rededicating yourself! Way to stick with it!

Thanks, Sis (SunnyHoney)!! :grin: If I want results I have to be accountable!

This may sound weird, but it's like the gel acts like a sealant, and the glyccerin/water spritz keeps it moist and with a soft hold. I like the combo for my hair. I just baggy at night and then shake n go for the next 2-3 days, just spritzing with my mix...

MyAngelEyez~C~U, this might have been what I have been missing with my W'nGs! I may have to visit this method... When I attempted W'nGs, my hair got dry SUPER fast, and it looked brittle the remainder of the day. Perhaps, I'll try this tomorrow and see how it turns out... Thanks for the regi!

Hid my hair today, y'all. Satin bonnet + scarf. Gonna rest for a bit before going off to do my show. TTYL!!

me~:rolleyes:

By-the-by: May I just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE :heart: seeing our thread trending on Twitter and on the homepage!!! :happydance:

me~:rolleyes:

Hey love! Thanks for the shout out! I actually deleted the version you posted because youtube reduced the quality of that video and right now I am in the process of re-uploading it. I will throw the link up when I get everything together (I didn't spend days creating a video for youtube to make it look crappy, ya know?).

Just got done washing and DCing my hair. Separated it in sections to do some mini plaits later and saw these roots. Dyed my hair back in May so I guess that's decent growth for 2 months.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Attachments

"Redid" my cornrows straight back last night. My braiding skills have improved drastically and my parts look so much better. Anyhoo, I used Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Lotion. Me likey. Still hiding under AMA. Everyone loves it.

Just DCd and now I'm roller setting. OMG, why did I start so late? I'm tempted to go to bed with a bun and do hot curls in the AM... :(

Hello ladies!

I'm so sorry that I've been m.I.a. over the weekend (had some drama here in Memphis), but anyhoo... DC'd my hair for two hours on Saturday (wash day). I followed it up with moisture and sealant. Twisted it, then called it a day.

What was different this wash day was that I did not clarify, as I had been doing, and I added a little hair oil to my shampoo. (I had had a dream that a fellow LHCFer and o were talking about her long mane, and suggested that I add oil to my shampoo... call me silly, but I figured it couldn't hurt.) Lol :lachen:

Wore my Afro out, and DH was smiling at my growth. :)

me~:lachen:

Sent from my Desire HD

I'm sitting here with four banded pigtails, trying to decide what to do with my hair today...I wish I had a few beanies...think I'll put that on my list of hair crap to purchase.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Didn't do jack-'n-jill to my mane today. Gotta say, "Today was a good (hair) day!"

Sent from my Desire HD

I'm still hanging in their with protective styling until the end of the year. I've been doing nothing but wet bunning (and taking my Nioxin) during the week. On the weekend I switch it up and wear Creta Girl for my grown and sexy look. :grin: Attached pic is me in Creta Girl I'll save you from posting my wet bun once again :)

Kimmy Creta.jpg

I'm still hanging in their with protective styling until the end of the year. I've been doing nothing but wet bunning (and taking my Nioxin) during the week. On the weekend I switch it up and wear Creta Girl for my grown and sexy look. :grin: Attached pic is me in Creta Girl I'll save you from posting my wet bun once again :)

View attachment 120467

Creta Girl is pretty on you!

Hey-
I just did bantu knots for the first time in several months and I think I'm in love lol. Doing the knots cut my after wash styling time in half. I used to have my mom twist my hair but now I do it myself. In an hour im done. What styles have u guys been doing?

Im itching to straighten to see my length but still have a lil heat damage from Dec. Do yall straighten?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Hey-
I just did bantu knots for the first time in several months and I think I'm in love lol. Doing the knots cut my after wash styling time in half. I used to have my mom twist my hair but now I do it myself. In an hour im done. What styles have u guys been doing?

Im itching to straighten to see my length but still have a lil heat damage from Dec. Do yall straighten?

transitioning?
I have straightened my hair, but I'm trying to avoid heat until this fall.
I do wash n gos and puffs. Nice n simple.

Hey-

I've been hiding my hair under wigs during the week and doing wash n gos or twist/braid outs on weekends for the most part. I've only straightened the hair in the back closest to my neck for length checks. I won't be using a flat iron again until the end of the year.

Back