FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Please count me in the challenge! I have just cut my hair to about 4" all around. Its funny - I just washed it and with shrinkage it appears the same as it always did, even though I feel so bald. :sad:

I will be weaving it up I think 4 weeks at a time - I need to do some regular deep contitioning to my crown which has sustained serious breakage.

Prettyeyes, Since I couldn't pm you:
I know, I'm late. But can I please join?!!! I just bc'd 11/12/2010. I was relaxed but I suffer from itchy scalp that just breaks at the thought of scratching vs when I'm natural. I would love to work to have a healthy scalp and hair. I've been treating my scalp with peppermint and rosemary eo and healthy natural hair is vital.

I poo 1x's week and don't use co due to itchies. If I can find a co that is very neutral in ph, then I'd adopt a co into my regimen.
I use cfcg, a light leave in co (palmed), and wear my lace wig throughout the week.
One thing I did not do; I did not cut all around my hair line since I wear my lace wigs...I sew them on rather than use glue but take it off every week or two to poo. My hair is slowly steady growing even with my lace wig routine.

I have .25" of hair.

Hello Ladies:

After months of thought, trying every hairstyle and regimen suggested, I have decided to end my natural journey. I have had your support and the support of family and friends but right now, at this point, it's not something I want to continue with. I may regret it or I may not. But after 8 mths, I'm done. thank you for your support.

Hello Ladies:

After months of thought, trying every hairstyle and regimen suggested, I have decided to end my natural journey. I have had your support and the support of family and friends but right now, at this point, it's not something I want to continue with. I may regret it or I may not. But after 8 mths, I'm done. thank you for your support.

Oh no! Well good luck on your journey!

Girl do you! The great thing about being natural is you can transition a 100 times, if you want. Many have started transitioning and changed their minds. Now get in those relaxed threads and learn how to take care of relaxed hair!!:smile:

Hello Ladies:

I put my hair in a very nice puff today. I'm getting proud of my puff. So i bought myself some headbands for a job well done. I'm trying to decide on a new do for the new year. I'm not sure what I style i want. all i know is that i want something fun.

LOL, Thanks ladies. I never had an issue with my relaxed hair. My mom educated me well in the care and maintenance so I always had long healthy hair. Last yr I let the wrong people mess with my hair and disaster happened and I took it as an opportunity to try going natural since I had been thinking about it for 3 yrs. But yeah, no. It's not working for me. Relaxed hair is much easier and better for my lifestyle. But I will be lurking. :-)

I'm feeling better about my situation. I spoke to my friend and she just looked at me like I was crazy. Mind you she has naturally long wavy hair. She told me she loved it and advised me to wait and if I really feel that way to suck it up and wear a hat. lol. Not what I expected but I liked the hat idea. lol. My mom who doesn't like that I went natural can't keep her hands out of my hair and did my twists for me cause she wanted to play with my hair. lol.... While she was playing with it, she confessed that she loved my hair but really hates the length. ANd I had to agree. It's not the texture that is bothering me but that it's so short. I can't wait for it to get long so I will be taking the required steps to grow healthy long hair. Natural hair. I may change my mind in the future but as of right now, I am staying natural.

Explosiva9,
Do you want to hold on at least until you make a year? At least two more inches of growth may make a world of difference and help you fall in love with your hair even more. Even if you relax, you may not like the length, since you seem to miss it. I straightened my hair a few weeks ago and HATED it! Even though I was totally shocked by the length in 5 1/2 months of growth, the shorter layers gave me minimal styling options. Just a suggestion to hold out a little longer and see what happens, you can PS in a lacefront and just moisturize and grow.

Either way, we're here to support you no matter what and as long as you're happy, we are! :bighug:

Just checking in, currently PSing in cornrows. I've been using AO White Camelia(sp?) as a leave in and sealing with castor oil. Really falling in love with castor oil :yep:. i like the AOWC, seems to smooth and soften my hair very nicely.

I HAVE MISSED YOU LADIES SOOO MUCH.

I have had a crazy,eventful life the last 8 weeks and unable to get online at all really but I am back.

I did an intense job search all summer and landed a dream job working in my field (Social Work)!!! I am working full time for the first time since I was pregnant! I was stay at home mom 2 1/2 years, then worked partime and now BACK IN THE WORKING WORLD!

DH changed careers!

Baby is 3 1/2 and doing great!

We all got the flu and the baby got two ear infections (right after I started my job) BUT with family support I didn't miss a beat.

I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight! I lost 20lbs total this year, 10lbs in the last 5 weeks!!! I am a perfect size 8! All done by eating right and exercising!

I AM ALSO NOW 30 YEARS OLD! I had so many goals for when I turned 30. In addition to more personal/spiritual goals.
I had three more goals
1. To be natural!
2. To go back to work full time at a job I love!
3. To return to a size 8!

I met all three and now I am back on my boards!!!

MY HAIR IS DOING GREAT! I had been wearing my wig all the time, but for some reason I took the wig off and didn't put it back on. I was wash and go every day the last 6-8 weeks! It worked best for me. But it is getting cold and the wig is calling me again. I think I will corn row tonight and wig it again. I skimmed over the last couple of pages, will update list again soon. And reply to ladies that had a ? Give me a little time!

MOST CHALLENGERS SEEM TO BE DOING GREAT! I am excited at how we are all getting so used to being natural! I HAVE NOT HAD ANY URGES TO GO BACK TO THE CRACK!!!

I have had a crazy,eventful life the last 8 weeks and unable to get online at all really but I am back.

I did an intense job search all summer and landed a dream job working in my field (Social Work)!!! I am working full time for the first time since I was pregnant! I was stay at home mom 2 1/2 years, then worked partime and now BACK IN THE WORKING WORLD!

DH changed careers!

We all got the flu and the baby got two ear infections (right after I started my job) BUT with family support I didn't miss a beat.

I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight! I lost 20lbs total this year, 10lbs in the last 5 weeks!!! I am a perfect size 8! All done by eating right and exercising!

I AM ALSO NOW 30 YEARS OLD! I had so many goals for when I turned 30. In addition to more personal/spiritual goals.
I had three more goals
1. To be natural!

Congrats on meeting your goals!!!!!
:dance7::dance7::dance7::cup::congrats:

DH changed careers!

I had three more goals
1. To be natural!

So glad you came back! You were missed and now I see why!! Congrats on all the new changes in your life and meeting your goals.

Hi ladies. I would like to join this challenge. I am relatively new to the forum in general but have been following this thread a few weeks now and building up courage to do the big chop after transitioning. Somehow using henna too much straightened my fine strands. :perplexed

I just cut my hair last week and am between 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches. I would love to join this journey with the rest of you. I look forward to long natural hair.

After my cut, I put a weave in. My regimen now is to take my vitamins, deep condition once a week, and wait and see...

I still did the wash and go thing this week but tonight I am definately braiding it up and wigging it. I am too cold in the mornings with the wet hair!

THANKS LADIES FOR THE CONGRATS ETC.

Things are going good. I'm just trying to use up all my hzir products before I buy any more. I'm also trying to to perfect my knky twists so I can start protecting my hair. I don't care for wigs, but I might have to bust some out!

Things are going good. I'm just trying to use up all my hzir products before I buy any more. I'm also trying to to perfect my knky twists so I can start protecting my hair. I don't care for wigs, but I might have to bust some out!

Great progress!! Don't you love the puff now? I know I do and can't wait until it's huge and puffalicious by spring! Until then I'm twisting and wigging to preserve my length. So far, so good! :yep:

Great progress!! Don't you love the puff now? I know I do and can't wait until it's huge and puffalicious by spring! Until then I'm twisting and wigging to preserve my length. So far, so good! :yep:

THANKS! And yes, I love my puff...finally! It took me 5 months to get that puff, so I can't wait to see what the next 5 months will bring! I still havne't use my wigs but today is rainy, cold and windy so today might be the day.

Ladies I will resume the product of the month etc in January! I may close this challenge to new challengers at that time as well if no one has a strong objection!

Still wigging it and I know we will have to decide when we will update our lengths!!!!!

I'm still around. I took my box braids out early and now I'm in twists. I may stay twisted for a couple more weeks but I am thinking about getting another wig.

Congratulation to all you ladies! You're doing great!

Is it time to post update pics yet? I can't wait to see everyone's progress.

I feel like it's been slow and steady for me, which is pleasing. It seemed like my hair was growing much faster in the summer than since the weather's cooled off. That's backwards, right? Should our hair grow faster in the winter, primitively speaking?

Anyway...keep up the good work!

Hi all! I want to join too. :)
I Big Chopped on Nov 19, 2010 after transitioning since May 2010 (so 6 months). I have about 3 to 3 1/2 inches of hair all around.
I'm probably going to put my hair in braids for a month because I'm not liking my hair at this length and I'm not feeling the 'fro right now. I would go back to my wigs but my nape needs time to grow back in after improperly wearing wigs consistently for 6 months.

Explosiva9,
Do you want to hold on at least until you make a year? At least two more inches of growth may make a world of difference and help you fall in love with your hair even more. Even if you relax, you may not like the length, since you seem to miss it. I straightened my hair a few weeks ago and HATED it! Even though I was totally shocked by the length in 5 1/2 months of growth, the shorter layers gave me minimal styling options. Just a suggestion to hold out a little longer and see what happens, you can PS in a lacefront and just moisturize and grow.

Either way, we're here to support you no matter what and as long as you're happy, we are! :bighug:

That's what I'm doing...except I'm sewing on my full lace wig.

I got a new set of cornrows put in on yesterday and I'm going to try and keep them in for 3 weeks. This is sssooo much easier than twists, although, I really LOVE my twist out puffs. I am loving and feeling my hair, wishing I had done the BC this time last year when i had some length to grow it out and keep it in a ponytail. But I cannot wait until this time next year. I got a new short wig and its my fix right now! Happy Hair Growth ladies!!

Back