FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Hey all,

I would like to join this challenge, too! I BC'ed on May 29th after transitioning for 5 months. When stretched, my hair is about 4 inches right now. I will post pics in my fotki soon. The only pics in my fotki so far are all pictures of protective styles I do. I'm still working on developing a good regi to go by, but I will be sure to post that all on my fotki--hopefully--TOMORROW:grin:

http://public.fotki.com/PureVirtue/2010-progress/

HHG!

Thanks to all who complimented me on the wig. My brother and SO hate it, lol. Oh well...my real fro, however, is on the grow, I am now 7 months post chop and below are a couple of pictures of my wild woman hair. (my camera isn't here so I took them with my cell phone)

7MonthsPostChopLoose.jpg

7Monthspostchopsidepuff.jpg

This hair is serious! I mean, is that really still considered a TWA? If so, I don't know if I can handle anymore hair. The thickness of this stuff is killing me. I hate dealing with it so I'm either in a puff or braided/twisted under a wig. I'm still in love with Castor Oil--that oil is the truth! I've discovered my staples and I'm loving the simplicity of it. I've narrowed it down to:

Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle)
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier
Water + Rosemary EO
Castor Oil + Rosemary EO

Yup, thats what my hair likes. The above keep my hair very happy and I've shaken off the PJ bug! Go me!

My regimen is extremely simple, shampoo and deep condition weekly; also, spray with water, moisturize and seal as often as needed. Extremely simple.

This is the longest that my natural hair has ever been so I am entering new territory. I'm so shocked that I haven't broken down and cut my hair yet, lol. I am hanging in there but I am soooo bored with my hair. I have on the other hand, become obsessed with wigs. They're just too much fun.

And where is everyone? This thread has been sooo quiet as of late.

Bumping with an update. Idk if I'm officially added. Oh and btw all these wig posts are inspiring me! Im not at cornrow length though so I think I'll wait. I'm rocking bantu knots this week.

Photo+on+2010-09-20+at+20.08+%232.jpg

more pics at my blog just-add-honey.blogspot.com

I'm sticking to s super simple regi right now where I wash and style only once per week. In between I moisturize with a leave-in and grease my scalp. Yea, I said it!

Where's everyone at??

Just did a two strand twist out today! Didn't feel like wearing my wig! It's very hot in Florida. It's in the 90's! I have alot of shrinkage! I twisted while wet. I will retwist tonight with a little water and Qhemet Amla Heavy cream stuff and it should be a little more stretched out tomorrow.

9ae0b6f2.jpg

8a134db6.jpg

ef645d53.jpg

Hello Ladies!

I finally did it!
I big chopped!
I did it yesterday and I am so happy to be completely natural.
I subscribed to the thread and will be joining the challenge with you ladies, even if it's too late for me to "officially" join.
I "THINK" I'm 4b with a mix of 4a.
My last relaxer was 04/01/2010.
My hair is exactly 3 inches long....(when stretched)
I have no idea what products to use, so if someone with my hair type could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
I washed my hair and applied conditioner and eco styler pink gel to my hair, but it made it hard and stiff and I don't like that feeling.
What products do you ladies use to keep your hair soft and curly?
My curls aren't really defined and look more like a fro.

Thanks again ladies and I am so excited to join you all on our natural hair journey!

~ Peace ~

Ewwwww....I think that I'll follow you itsjusthair88....since I haven't heard anything from OP about me joining.

Here's my BC pic. I cut it all off on 9/3...I must say that I regret it a little bit but I now that I won't a year from now.
100MEDIA_IMAG0066.jpg

I moisturize daily and follow up with coconut oil or JBCO. I cowash atleast every other day and dc weekly but I may have to kick that up a bit because they hair seems very dry. I also need to purchase some plastic caps to sleep with at night.

Yea...I think neither of us provided our length in inches so perhaps that's why we haven't been added...(?) IDk but like you, I'm praying and hoping this pays off in a years time (and longer...or course.)

AND in order to adhere to all the rules, I currently have about 1" of hair at the top and NO hair on the back and sides (I had a mohawk before this) and my hair type is 3c (I think, I really need to let it grow out some more first, but I can definitely see the defined curls) and my regimen at this point is very basic because I don't have very much hair:

-co-wash daily after morning work out with Tresemme
-I use the Tresemme as a leave-in or I use a tiny amount of Nexxus
-Seal with EVOO
-I haven't DC'd yet and I haven't found a good condish for this, I'm looking for one
-As my hair get's longer, I am planning to add: carefree curl (you know, the juice. lol), stay soffro (we had some of this left over at my house I used it once, I'm hooked!), JBCO, Coconut oil, and some other natural products and I'm going to cut out shampooing to an ACV clarifying rinse as needed

Hope that's all the info needed!
I

can't wait to try joico moisture recovery (must find a large size for good price tho')

FINALLY DONE trimming weekly! I had slightly texlaxed ends and so i've dusted each and every wash since march to get rid of those ends (were barely noticeable... but i could see the different textures)

Hopefully i am done, hair grown alot, but trimmed down so still about 3.5-4 inches

I would love to see miss pretty eyes length b/c I know that's where i should be by now

I'm an excessive shedder and quite scissor happy

The "BC bug" is in the air again!! Congrats Itsjusthair88 and Sounique!! Doesn't it feel good to be free from the relaxed ends and letting your curls do their thing?!! Trial and error is what it usually takes to find what works for the dryness, but I can tell you I did experience what my hair likes and dislikes as it got more length. Its not nearly as dry anymore as it was when it was really short and barely an inch.

Ok Evallusion, what hair fertilizer have you found? :yep::yep: Share, share-- your hair has just taken off from the roots!! I love the wigs and I'm on board with you there. I just ordered my first two lace fronts, so I can't wait to try them out. I'm going to try and rock them until December when I can get my color and show off my new retained lengths. I'm thinking of flat ironing in December too, just to see the new head of hair that's grown this year.

I updated my avatar pic, that was taken on Saturday and I love that I can make a curly puff now--goal 1 mission accomplished! :drunk:

I too have narrowed down my regi to CON green label or Giovanni mixed with Amla powder, Aussie Moist conditioner or CON conditioner purple label and Kimmaytube's leave in sealed with JBCO or Blue Magic coconut conditioning cream ( just like grease). :lol: I can still shampoo once a week in cornrows. I'm loving it!!

I think I've moved from PJism to wig-ism!! Not...goood, I'm loving wigs now!! :blush::lol:

The "BC bug" is in the air again!! Congrats Itsjusthair88 and Sounique!! Doesn't it feel good to be free from the relaxed ends and letting your curls do their thing?!! Trial and error is what it usually takes to find what works for the dryness, but I can tell you I did experience what my hair likes and dislikes as it got more length. Its not nearly as dry anymore as it was when it was really short and barely an inch.

Ok Evallusion, what hair fertilizer have you found? :yep::yep: Share, share-- your hair has just taken off from the roots!! I love the wigs and I'm on board with you there.
I just ordered my first two lace fronts, so I can't wait to try them out. I'm going to try and rock them until December when I can get my color and show off my new retained lengths. I'm thinking of flat ironing in December too, just to see the new head of hair that's grown this year.

I updated my avatar pic, that was taken on Saturday and I love that I can make a curly puff now--goal 1 mission accomplished! :drunk:

I too have narrowed down my regi to CON green label or Giovanni mixed with Amla powder, Aussie Moist conditioner or CON conditioner purple label and Kimmaytube's leave in sealed with JBCO or Blue Magic coconut conditioning cream ( just like grease). :lol: I can still shampoo once a week in cornrows. I'm loving it!!

I think I've moved from PJism to wig-ism!! Not...goood, I'm loving wigs now!! :blush::lol:

LOL, the only thing I can attribute my growth to is Castor Oil. I use it almost everyday as a sealant and an occasional scalp massage. I also use products with a little bit of rosemary EO/oil.

And yes, I think I've stopped obsessing over hair products and I'm now addicted to wigs. I'm always on hairsisters "looking" at something. But, I'm going to try not to order anything else until at least November. I'm going to try an wear wigs until Spring/March.

I'm still in, though I do nothing but cornrows and wigs, so nothing new. I can't wait for in a few weeks though when I'm allowing myself some more wig purchases!

Oh yeah boy, I have a list! *does doo doo brown* I canst wait!

I'm still following this challenge...I'm just kinda frustrated with my seamingly lack of growth/style options, so I don't have much to post. Yesterday I wore a frohawk to work, causing several laughter eruptions from my dear patients. Today I'm sporting a fro, much to the delight of my co-workers who like the fact that I have let it do what it do. I haven't used any gel all week, simply tired of using for the moment. I've tried using conditioner as a styler/curl enhancer but I don't care for the dryness. I deeply need a good leave-in conditioner/moisturizer that I can use daily to keep the dryness at bay. I may try out some Wild Growth Oil soon. I also need to order some shea butter ASAP...I've been out since July and am having serious withdrawal.

'Tis all.

Hello all,

I have decided to do cornrows and a bun every weekend from now until at least June. I like to change my hair a lot so hopefully I can stick this out. I have a problem keeping my hands out of my hair so hopefully this will help with that issue, too. I'm still working on coming up with a regimen for my natural hair. I will be sure to post it when I'm all PJ'ed out and settled on a few tried and true products!

Pictures of my braided bun are in my fotki. The link is in my siggy!

HHG!!

I started braiding in May and I BC'd in July.... I'm thinking whether I should continue braiding till the end of the year or switch it up with lacefronts.

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I think I've found my staple moisturizer...SCurl!. I'm still a product junkie, but I think that will be my go to from now on. Thank you MsAngelEyez for the heads up on the glycerine. Officially one month post BC and still lovin' it. HHG

Hello all,

I have decided to do cornrows and a bun every weekend from now until at least June. I like to change my hair a lot so hopefully I can stick this out. I have a problem keeping my hands out of my hair so hopefully this will help with that issue, too. I'm still working on coming up with a regimen for my natural hair. I will be sure to post it when I'm all PJ'ed out and settled on a few tried and true products!

Pictures of my braided bun are in my fotki. The link is in my siggy!

HHG!!

Mane.Attraction do you straighten your bun when you had it in that braid and bun style?

How's everybody doing? I'm not protectiving styling with my wigs at the moment. I've been wearing my hair in puffs and twistouts. The twistout is in my siggy. I also posted more pics in the Newly Natural Thread.

my hair growth is slowing down but its still growing. i went up another headband size. myhair is still a twa though.....ugh.... but a few peices of my hair is finally starting to grow down instead of up.

so...ridiculously...IMPATIENT!:freakout:

and bored, so I've been doing french braids every 2-3 days for the last week and a half, and moisturizing daily. I think it's good for low mani, but when I take them out to co-wash, I see SO much hair coming out, mostly shed hair. I guess it's because they're accumulating more, but since I'm used to seeing 10-15 or so a day, seeing 30-40 is scaring me a bit! I also see a bit more breakage, I guess from the process of braiding, where I saw almost none before.

I know it hasn't been that long since the BC, but the waiting is killing me!...I think I'll feel some relief when I'm full SL, I'm about full NL now.

I might just have a big ole' hair party in honor of SL! y'all will be invited :bouncegre (I just wanted to use this smiley cuz it cracks me up!)

I get so impatient sometimes I can't catch my breath....gasp!

How's everybody doing? I'm not protectiving styling with my wigs at the moment. I've been wearing my hair in puffs and twistouts. The twistout is in my siggy. I also posted more pics in the Newly Natural Thread.

I like this twistout!! I'll look up your other pics too.

I did wigs and my curly puff this week. My lacefronts came in, but I need to have them cut to look more natural. All in all, I'm still doing my moisturize and grow regimen and my hair is thriving.

Hi ladies! I'm still in although I had a serious urge to take by twists out and go and relax a week or so ago. I tried to get on the site but it was down for maintenance. God kept me though.

So I just took the twists out. I'm happy to report that I have a nice size afro. Definitely bigger than it was in July. It'll be a year for me in Dec. since I BCed. I'm positive I will be waist length two years from now.:-) About to finally wash it. It's so moisturized. I guess from all the S Curl spray. Getting tree braids tomorrow. Happy Waist Length, girls!!!!!

Still wet bunning under a phony pony. If I get up the courage (and find the time), I might try henna for the first time this weekend.

Setback! My ends are dry dry with SSK. This is upsetting. I found one massive split end.

The thing is most of my ends are healthy and still blunt, but the mass amount of SSK means Im gonna have to chop off a good cm.

sigh...

Back