FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

checking in my hair is doing well im just trying to see some faster growth but the softness and retention is there i just need that miracle growth drug now :)

I would like to join if it isn't too late I never did the big chop, But I no longer have relaxed hair anymore. I have been transitioning since January 2009 and cut the rest of the relaxed hair off In april 2010, My hair was shoulder length about time I was done cutting the relaxed hair off in april 2010, Picture in my avatar I did a flat iron length check in april, and I put kinky twists in april. I have been in twists and box braids since april and I plan on taking them out the end of september for about a week and going right back into the box braids until I at least hit bra strap length currently I am past apl. glad too be apart of this challenge I had no ideal it was here lol.

Ok.. I'm really upset that I didn't see this post until now. Is it to late? Can I still join? I am not sure as to the length that I am now, but I can take measurements and post an updated pic. "crossing my fingers" I hope I'm not to late.

I'm still wiggin' it. I just bought 3 more wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Attachments aren't working so below are the links to the wigs. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...roduct_id=5364

I'm thinking about getting my hair professionally braided to go under the wig....but do I really wanna spend more money??

I would LOVE to join. I BC on August 12, 2010 and now have almost 3 inches stretched. I figure that in order to reach my hair goals with my hair curly...I willat least have to be WL stretched. Hope I'm not too late.

When BC'd back in June I felt so un-feminine that I dyed my TWA a honey blonde. It came out a very dark honey color. I loved it! But then I started to notice no matter how much I moisturized my hair looked so dry...like straw. So a few days ago I decided to go back to my natural hair color which is a dark brown. I was going to pick up a box of dark brown hair dye but I was scared that the honey blonde would not take. So I got hte next color down which was anatural black. I dyed my hair and it came out JET BLACK! But surprisingly I LOVE IT!!!! My husband even loves it! He even baught me a brigh orange hair band. I look like Holloween with black hair and an orange headband lol! Also, I am getting some great growth! I had to go up a head band! I use to wear the goody head bands with the rubber "thread" going through. Now I am wearing the goody headbands that feel like its made out of like a panty hose material but thicker....the word escapes me right now :) Ever since I had BC'd the top of my head grew faster then the back. Right now the back is starting to catch up! The revrese mullett is going!

I made a wig with some bohemian hair. I take it off every night and mositurize my hair as needed. My hair is braided underneath with 2 plaits.

e205c05a-1.jpg

Hey checking in!

my friend just did gentle loose cornrows on the from of my head, its going to be a regular style (but all the wy to my neck)

wrapping my hair, I have some SSK but since ive been doing twist outs I haven't noticed any new ones.

My hair feels softer, not so dry.

I did a avocado/tea tree/rosemary scalp treatment yesterday.

:D:D:D My hair feels soft for the first time in AGES!

I'm still wiggin' it. I just bought 3 more wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Attachments aren't working so below are the links to the wigs. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...oduct_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/View...roduct_id=5364

I'm thinking about getting my hair professionally braided to go under the wig....but do I really wanna spend more money??

The links aren't working for me.

lol! prettyeyes may have kicked me out... but i've been off the boards for a while
New schedule, lot's of issues going on

Hair ....same( installing first batch of braids (individuals) this week)
I have no earthly idea how this will work with my horribly itching scalp, but a girl's gotta do what i gotta do

sending you ladies my prayers (and your tresses too:-)

The links aren't working for me.

Thanks for letting me know! Here's my post again, and this time I included the pics.

I'm still wiggin' it. I just bought 3 more wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal
Wig1OPAL.jpg

Puffy
Wig2PUFFY.jpg

Valencia Girl
Wig3VALENCIAGIRL.jpg

Last edited:
Just checking in...I don't know where to start. I am feeling a bit discouraged. It has been 2 months post BC and I don't think I have experienced much growth. My hair feels unbelievably dry and hard in some places. I moisturize day and night. I don't know whether I am being too hard on myself given that it's only been 2 months...ugh! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Just checking in...I don't know where to start. I am feeling a bit discouraged. It has been 2 months post BC and I don't think I have experienced much growth. My hair feels unbelievably dry and hard in some places. I moisturize day and night. I don't know whether I am being too hard on myself given that it's only been 2 months...ugh! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hey Gorgeous! Cutie here! LOL! Have you taken any recent pics to compare? I can see a difference in your BC and 1 month post pics and maybe the comparison shots will show you something you can't see with your own eyes. I have very dry hair also. How are you moisturizing (what products, frequency, water usage, etc.)?

Hey Gorgeous! Cutie here! LOL! Have you taken any recent pics to compare? I can see a difference in your BC and 1 month post pics and maybe the comparison shots will show you something you can't see with your own eyes. I have very dry hair also. How are you moisturizing (what products, frequency, water usage, etc.)?

LOL! No, I haven't taken my 2 month post pics because honestly, I'm discouraged. I co-wash nightly with Suave Almond Shea Butter Conditioner. I then moisturize with ORS Carrot Oil (it's creamy) and seal with JBCO or almond oil. That was working for awhile, but now, my hair seems as if it doesn't respond. I wash every Sunday with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and DC with ORS Replenishing Pak with heat. I don't know what to do anymore. I am thinking about reducing my cowashes to maybe one/week. In the mornings, my hair is so dry! I don't sleep with anything on my head, either. I have read that it is possible that I may have build-up, or I should manipulate less. When I get up in the morning, if I don't brush or comb, I will have "beads" (sorry if I offend) in my hair...and that ain't cute:nono:. I have read about "finger-combing," but "finger-combing" will do absolutely nothing for me.

Thanks for letting me know! Here's my post again, and this time I included the pics.

I'm still wiggin' it. I just bought 3 more wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal
Wig1OPAL.jpg

Puffy
Wig2PUFFY.jpg

Valencia Girl
Wig3VALENCIAGIRL.jpg

I really like them!! I can't pick which one I like best though... probably puffy because I'm anxiously awaiting big hair lol.

LOL! No, I haven't taken my 2 month post pics because honestly, I'm discouraged. I co-wash nightly with Suave Almond Shea Butter Conditioner. I then moisturize with ORS Carrot Oil (it's creamy) and seal with JBCO or almond oil. That was working for awhile, but now, my hair seems as if it doesn't respond. I wash every Sunday with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and DC with ORS Replenishing Pak with heat. I don't know what to do anymore. I am thinking about reducing my cowashes to maybe one/week. In the mornings, my hair is so dry! I don't sleep with anything on my head, either. I have read that it is possible that I may have build-up, or I should manipulate less. When I get up in the morning, if I don't brush or comb, I will have "beads" (sorry if I offend) in my hair...and that ain't cute:nono:. I have read about "finger-combing," but "finger-combing" will do absolutely nothing for me.

I was just wondering, do you have a satin bonnet or pillowcase? This made a big difference for me.

Cornrowed my hair yesterday. Now I'm wearing Puffy. I'm really liking her. I wonder how long my cornrows will last under this thing....

IMG_3051-1.jpg

IMG_3053-1.jpg

SO...I haven't officially been added, but I am going to keep posting in hopes that my name makes it on the list (hint hint) Right now am concurrently in the LadyPaniolo challenge, which is wigging it all the way to waist length (which is my ultimate goal...okay maybe Hip Length) and I am wearing my lace front today and will probably purchase a few more soon. That is all.

Actually, I have a question, I've been thinking about getting this as a natural hair growth aid, has anybody ever tried it and what were your results/review? Thanks and HHG ladies!

Finally!!!! After 2 1/2 months, I have updates, I have updates!! Aaaaaahhhh, growing out nicely I might add.

Okay, small problem, I can't figure out how to post pics. Let me look into this and come back. :ohwell:

Ewwwww....I think that I'll follow you itsjusthair88....since I haven't heard anything from OP about me joining.

Here's my BC pic. I cut it all off on 9/3...I must say that I regret it a little bit but I now that I won't a year from now.
100MEDIA_IMAG0066.jpg

I moisturize daily and follow up with coconut oil or JBCO. I cowash atleast every other day and dc weekly but I may have to kick that up a bit because they hair seems very dry. I also need to purchase some plastic caps to sleep with at night.

Last edited:
Back