For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the website, so I'm excited to join my first challenge!

I'm still working on a good regimen, but right now I'm:
cowashing 2x a week
wash and deep condition once a week
rollerset style
moisturize hair when it feels dry.

If yall have any tips or anything you would like to share with me please let me know!

I have added everyone up to this point. I will be posting the official list on Sun. Dec. 28, 2008.
I will also try to PM everyone to remind yall (I am southern lol) to get your pic ready for the first reveal.
I am so excited and I have already done the math, if I can get 3/4 an inch per month I will reach my goal by Dec.09. I know that is pushing it BUT with MT and OCT oh and I have alread started the crown and glory technique I should get there with no problems. But I have to let my hair just do what it do and enjoy the ride.

Ladies lets get this party started. HHG to all my lovely sista girlfriends.

SouthernStunner

shoot, i am down..i will gather up and relax by the time the progress pics are due...right now i am a lil past shoulder length..i was hoping to makeclose to brastrap, but i will take arm pit length as well...
I will be prepooing 1 x a week
washing 1x a week
DCing 2x a week
rollersetting 1x a week
Keeping my hair in a bun ( bun challenge)
moisturizing my ends , edges & nape with elasta QP MB, Coconut oil
and trying to be patient...my personal challenge..

i want in. please add me to the challenge. like many others, this will be my first challenge on LHCF, glad it's a long term one! that way i can tweek my regimen as needed. i hope this will keep me honest, and i not drop out! my regimen is in my fotki. thanks!

:woot:

I'm so excited!!! Man, with all these ladies, the progress pics threads are going to be off the hook!!! I already know when I'm going to take my starting pic.

Does anyone else have DSD's progress t-shirt? I'm not trying to flash all my cinnamon rolls to the world ( :lachen: ) so I'm going to use her shirt - I was wondering if anyone else was going to do the same, and if so, what line is APL on you? :look: With my chunky arms, I think it's lower on me than on the slimmer ladies. :lol: Another reason to lose weight - the illusion of longer hair!

Ha Ha. Do you have an old leotard? I think I'm gonna draw some lines on mine. As for APL I'm counting the very top of my arm pit crack.

I'm so excited!!! Man, with all these ladies, the progress pics threads are going to be off the hook!!! I already know when I'm going to take my starting pic.

Does anyone else have DSD's progress t-shirt? I'm not trying to flash all my cinnamon rolls to the world ( :lachen: ) so I'm going to use her shirt - I was wondering if anyone else was going to do the same, and if so, what line is APL on you? :look: With my chunky arms, I think it's lower on me than on the slimmer ladies. :lol: Another reason to lose weight - the illusion of longer hair!

Hey JustKiya. I'm excited about this too. I'm doing the DSD progress shirt. I was going to totally wait until January to do a picture in it, but I just did a self relaxer moments ago - my hair's still wet, and I had to see what my hair looked like in it. I'll probably still wait until January to post. I should even have an update by then:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: i feel u..i be cutting and croping da heck outa mypics...maybe i will get the tshirt too..

hey ladies count me in please. I 'm a little past ear length.

i will be co-washing twice a week
DcC once a week
Mt every other night
moisturize as needed.

APL seems like a long shot but i'll give it a try.

I'd like to join. I'm new to this forum so i've never done a challenge. I cut my hair short in sept and its already growing so i'll just keep doing what I do.

I want in! I don't enter many challenges at all and I think I'll make this my one and only personal challenge for '09. Since there are no rules other than documenting your progress, I'll just list my regimen and tweak when necessary.

My approach/rules:
  • I'm using a simiweave wig for the winter (love it!) and I'll continue wearing it or other protective styles for the entire year (only exceptions are for the next bullet point).
  • I will limit direct heat to __X__ times during the year (haven't decided on a good number yet for special occasions)
  • For the past month I've been co-washing at least 3 times a week and I am loving the results. This will remain a part of my regimen.
  • I've now been using MT consistently for a month. I'll commit to continuing for the entire year (minimum 4 times per week)
  • I used to regularly take vitamins but have not been for the past 3 months. I'll start again and stick with it daily for the year.
That's it for now. I don't want to add too much or I'll never keep up with it.

Thanks for starting the challenge!

Is it too late for me to join the APL by Dec 2009 challenge. If not, count me in, When do we start posting?

I would love to join but I am a straight beginner to all of this. I have no clue what a cowash is or any of the acronyms yall use lol. I guess I should figure all that out first. Im deployed to Kuwait right now so things are a bit more diffucult especially since I made the choice to wash my hair with bottled water instead of this water over here. If anyone can offer any help it would be great.

I am in. I need some sort of length to look forward too.

Here's my starting pic:

oct302008037-vi.jpg

I will be using Mega-Tek for the length of the challenge. Also I will wear weaves so I won't be tempted to cut my hair. I will take the weave out about every 5 weeks and reinstall.

Last edited:
OMG I have DSD and JustKiya joining the challenge!!!! I feel honored.
Ok ladies these two people have a wealth of information that I think we should take advantage of.

All I can say now is lets get this party started!!!!!!

WELCOME

Im down for this challenge let me subscribe, so I can keep my eye on the thread.

I am currently neck length (the bottom of my neck), I hope to be shoulder length by the end of this year, and then APL by the end of next year.

I would love to join but I am a straight beginner to all of this. I have no clue what a cowash is or any of the acronyms yall use lol. I guess I should figure all that out first. Im deployed to Kuwait right now so things are a bit more diffucult especially since I made the choice to wash my hair with bottled water instead of this water over here. If anyone can offer any help it would be great.

welcome...washing with just conditioner:yep:

These are some links that will help you.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=50291
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...=LHCF+acronyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizchari

Last edited:
OOH count me in!! i gotta long way to go :ohwell: but heres my starting pic

octoberrandomness024xm8.jpg

....i have some shrinkage because ive been MT-ing and theres about 8 weeks ng under there because im also stretching, i will be washing 2x's a week and bunning.

Wow more ladies???!!! This is getting more exciting. I am pretty new to this hair growing so I hope that the vets can help the newbies like myself out.

If I don't win any MT I think I am gonna try some OT for growth.

:grin: I'm excited too. I took a starting pic mid Oct - notice the inch length around the edges. And I've had hairs snapping left & right for the last 2 weeks ...I might actually have shorter hair than this...:ohwell:

Attachments

• gdivant.JPG
    gdivant.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back