For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already joined this challenge, but I need to figure out how I am going to track my progress. But, this is my first length challenge and I've been here a few years. Well a large part of that was when I had a relaxer...But, I wan't to get to APL forreal forreal. No joke.

I have a regimen in terms of process, but that might all change since I have a length goal now and may be implementing some growth aids. My regimen now is fine for managing my hair, making sure it is moisturized and limits tangles. But, I know I could possibly take it up a notch to help reaching my goals faster and easier.

So I will post that info before the 1st of the year with a picture once I figure it all out.

I'm in! My current length is ear length! My goal is bsl!
Dc three times a week
heat only for dc
moisturize and seal nightly
relax 2 times

I guess since I didnt make APL in 2008 Ill join this challenge...I know I woulda made it this year if it wasnt for that darn middle nape and I refuse to even it out AGAIN only for the left and right sides to be APL while the middle is SL. I dont have a set regimen but Im gonna try my best to stay away from micros. I should have some kind of starting pics posted b4 the year runs out.

I'd like to join this challenge. I have no regiment set at this time, working on it now. I am NL now and am looking forward to getting to APL, my mom would be so proud. She reminds me on a regular how my hair use to be before she let me perm it andtake care it myself.

kedda0720pooh, My prayers are with you and your hubby. That would be a nice surprise for him.

Thanks for the support. Happy hair growing!

I'd like to join. :yep: I'll post a starting pic on January 1. :grin:

Current length: SL

Regimen:
  • DC and rollerset once a week
  • Co-wash once a week
  • 8-12 week relaxer stretches
  • Try sew-in weaves for no longer than 4-6 weeks

i wanna join!! i'm in braids and will for for awhile but i BC'd and am about neck length when stretched.

i dont have a real regimen other then alternate between OCT & MT nightly and moisturize each day. also try to wash once a week. i'll be in braids for quite awhile and take it down every two weeks. i doubt i'll make APL but..maybe i'll get close.. =)

I would like to join this APL by Dec. 09 challenge. This is my first hair challenge on LHCF. I have pictures of my hair on my fotki. I'm wearing latch hook right now and I placed my first order of OCT a couple of days ago.

I have added everyone to my list up to this point and I took MJ off the list. Sure gonna miss you but all my best to you.

Ladies start your engines cause we are about to get underway!!!!!! The official list will come out NLT midnight 24 Dec. 08

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and HHG to all my sister-girlfriends.

Niko's Cousin,
Southernstunner

I thought I was already in this challenge but now I am not sure. In the event i am not, please include me in this challenge. My current length is in my siggy. Can't wait to get to APL in 2009~

My regimen:
Wash and DC every week and wear protective styles 98% of the time.

I have added everyone to my list up to this point and I took MJ off the list. Sure gonna miss you but all my best to you.

Ladies start your engines cause we are about to get underway!!!!!! The official list will come out NLT midnight 24 Dec. 08

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and HHG to all my sister-girlfriends.

Niko's Cousin,
Southernstunner

Thanks for organising this southernstunner....have a good xmas as well!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!! MY FIRST CHALLENGE... I'm going to add it to my siggy and everythang!!! Thanks SouthernStunner!

I would like to join this challenge as well.

My reggie:
-I am in the bun for growth challenge as well, so I keep my hair in a bun 7 days per week.
-I wash and dc once per week & air dry
-I put Cantu leave in condish on all my ends daily and put it in a pony and pull it under with cut up knee highs until I can just twist and pin w/bobbies then smooth my edges with Cantu pomade.
-Texlax 5-8 min as needed, around 6 weeks
-Self trim as needed (I think I will nix the trims for a year as well)
-Wear a satin scarf EVERY night

Last edited:
Can I join? I don’t have a starting picture yet and I've yet to finalise my regiment (my shedding has started back up again so I need to figure out what went wrong.)

(same post on bootcamp thread)
Changing my regime a bit....
so...i've just come from dusting my ends and have decided to do so after every texlax.......hope that doesn't clash with the bootcamp rules....

i think i'll try stretch out next texlax for longer than 12 weeks because i want to switch to lye....i've always used dark and lovely no lye.....used vitale for sensitive scalp no lye on saturday (which is the first i've ever changed a relaxer) but my hair is so dry :perplexed so am going to take another plunge and go lye . but i'm so scared!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back