For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is making great progress...it was time to update my siggy so I did. I didn't update due to the challenge.

I just had to peek my head in here to say you made such wonderful progress Daephae!

Good growin girl!

Hi,
I would love to join the challenge. I am a newbie to the LHCF (just joined this month) but I was stalking for at least a month prior to joining. I definitely wont reach apl by the challenge end date as I am coming from shorter than ear length. But I am joining the challenge anyway, to keep my hair healthy and with help to stay encouraged. I am currently wearing a protective weave style (about 3 weeks now) and I plan to wear one throughout the remainder of 08-09. I will post a few pics soon, I am working on my fotki. Thanks!

I would also love to join. I'm a newbie joined last month but lurking still. currently wearing a protective style a bun and I wear that 9mos plus out of a year, my ends are reallly dry though. I need help with staying encouraged and just things to do to grow the hair in general. I will post pics soon. Oh BTW can anyone tell me where to get the measure T shirt?....Thanks

I just had to peek my head in here to say you made such wonderful progress Daephae!

Good growin girl!

Thanks so much Noemi!

Hi,
I would love to join the challenge. I am a newbie to the LHCF (just joined this month) but I was stalking for at least a month prior to joining. I definitely wont reach apl by the challenge end date as I am coming from shorter than ear length. But I am joining the challenge anyway, to keep my hair healthy and with help to stay encouraged. I am currently wearing a protective weave style (about 3 weeks now) and I plan to wear one throughout the remainder of 08-09. I will post a few pics soon, I am working on my fotki. Thanks!

Welcome to LHCF!

I am currently just above shoulder length (my hair is there, but I don't claim full SL till all of my hair from front to back hits my shoulders) and I would love to be able to get to APL, so I am definitely joining this challenge in addition to the one I am in...

Regimen:

Cowash my hair daily (if not daily, every other day)
Deep condition every week
Wash hair with shampoo once per week (this I am still not sure about)
Moisturize hair every day
Seal ends nightly*** (need to do this, currently don't)
Trim ends when neccessary
Find myself some really good moisturizing products so my hair is always moisturized

Last edited:
Im so excited about this challenge i really hope i can make it to sl by december 09. Im almost shoulder length now but im transitioning. I have a personal challenge of staying braids all year so i dont kno if i can put progress pics up, i hope thats ok.:look:

This is a really great challenge. Can I join?

My regime is;

Fortnightly cleanse
CW with QH and Ayurveda Powders
Oil rinses

Monthly clarify and Hendigo

Daily dry conditioning;
Soft n Free Curl Moisturiser with Jojoba

Weekly dry conditioning;
BB Oil Moisturiser
Coconut Oil

Protective Styling

8wk Trims
My hair length is chin level, slowly approaching the top of my shoulders.

MeechUK

Last edited:
Im joining. I was hoping for APL by the end of this year but having looked at my hair length properly i think im more shoulder length.

I had better make it by the end of 2009.

My regime:
Poo 1x week
C/W 1x week
D/C 2x week
Moisterise hair esp ends 2x a day
Scalp massages with Moe Gro (don't know if that's working yet, so i may stop).
Bun until Oct '09, after that back to other protective styles

I will post a start pic in January.

Last edited:
Hi,
welcome!!!:grin:

I would also love to join. I'm a newbie joined last month but lurking still. currently wearing a protective style a bun and I wear that 9mos plus out of a year, my ends are reallly dry though. I need help with staying encouraged and just things to do to grow the hair in general. I will post pics soon. Oh BTW can anyone tell me where to get the measure T shirt?....Thanks
welcome to u as well..:spinning:

OK...i am very serious bout this challenge....i searched for it then read THE WHOLE THREAD to this point :spinning: (in one sitting) so i can see where everyone's at.

Thanks SouthernStunner....think i'm ready for my first challenge. oh and 2 answer your question NO. post them at the start fo the challenge

my main aim is to have a relationship with my hair.....get to understand it better......do things that work for it. and have a moisture and protein balance.

Current length------in my avatar (SL)

Regime

deep co wash/ 1X/week
prepoo-shampoo-dc 1X/week
Clarify----when needed
(would love to wash more but we have h2o restrictions here and i want to respect them---h2o is our future)

Moisturize----everyday
Full baggy overnight---as often as i can
Texlax---at least after every 3 months or more
Heavy protein(Aphogee)----before relax
Mild protein (2 min reconstructor)----when needed
Leave ins---when needed
ACV rinse---when needed

Oils-----coconut, evoo, castor, almond, jojoba

Staples---aloe vera juice/gel, glycerine, honey, s-curl, bicarbonate of soda, acv

NO TRIMS NO TRIMS NO TRIMS!!!!!

Last edited:
Alright I'm in, I know this is something I can achieve. I'll be updating my siggy pic probably tomorrow or Thursday, but it'll look exactly the same, just getting a touch up and hair cut

My Regimen

DC every 3 days with heat
Moisturize, seal, bun hair
Touch up every 3-4 months

I will try to use my MT everyday for at least 3 months just to see what it does. I'm really lazy when it comes to growth aids

Nappinique: Our last relaxers were 2 days apart. My last one was May 22, 2007. I thought it was too ambitious to reach APL by December 2009 since I have a long neck and upper back. And my favorite oil is JML Island Oil. I lOvE that stuff and buy up the old bottles every chance I get since the changed the formula.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Cool! Did you BC too? Your hair looks way longer than mine. Very pretty.

I'm in

I'm natural now with 4 A/B hair
I have about 10 inches (around shoulder length last time i flat ironed)

I just went cone free and wet bunning most of the time
I do twists once a week.

I co wash most days with suave
then use aubrey's HSR or burts bees as a leave in followed by olive oil to seal.

I also started following with a cold with ACV rinse a couple times a week. My hair seems to like it.

I really want to be APL
:grin:

Attachments

• -oct08 wet twist.JPG
    -oct08 wet twist.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
  • _oct18 IMG_3587.jpg
    _oct18 IMG_3587.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone!! I would like to join this challenge as well. My hair is currently SL and my going is to get it to BSL.

My current regime is:
wash and DC 2x week
cowash daily on gym days or everyother when not at the gym
hair vitamins every night
bunning
silk hair wrap everynight
hair oil and massage daily
moisturizer and bun everyday

:newbie: This is my 1st challenge!!! YAY!!!

I am in!!! I just did my BC, the third one in the past 4 four years but this time i mean it!! LOL!! I have about two inches hair so i doubt that I will have APL by December but I will give it my all!!! I am going to get my fotki updated with pics!!!

My regimen will be:

Co-wash every other day
Wash once every week
Vitamins everyday
keep my hair moist
and the moe gro 2x (morning and night) everyday :drunk:

I just signed up for the Brastrap length challenge but being realistic I wanna join in on this one too. I'm currently shoulder length stretched :[

I cowash every saturday
I DC every wed/thurs
I poo/clarify/ protein treatment either monthly or bi monthly
Right now I plait my hair and either throw on a scarf or bandana. I'm gonna try wet bunning soon though.

Im excited to say Im in for this challenge!

I bc'd in Feb and Im currently shoulder lenght, Im ridiculously happy. If I made shoulder in less than a year im willing to give my all to apl before year end 09! Im 5' 10 though:ohwell: oh well, Ill give it my best shot!

Regimen:

My hair is currently in tiny single plaits with my own hair. I co wash daily, oil my scalp nightly and thats pretty much it. I moisturise with shea butter and I will eb getting back on my vitamin intake!

hhg ladies! x

I'm in! :yep:

I will post a starting pic tonight when I get home (I'm currently 1 week and 4 days post).

Regimen:
relax every 12 weeks (2009 touch-up schedule: 2/6; 5/1; 7/24; 10/16)
wash & dc w/heat once a week
co-wash & airdry once a week
clarify as needed
rollerset and/or airdry in braids
half-wigs for protective styling
moisturize and seal daily
oil my scalp with coconut oil
drink a lot of water
take vitamins daily (b-complex, vit E, flaxseed and fish oil capsules)
no/low manipulation (no combing until wash day)
take progress pictures after touch-ups

Last edited:
My Current Length is SL. I was searching for such challenge. I will be doing protective styles such as buns, Kinky twist or sew-in's in '09. I cowash every other day and DC on Fridays. I wear buns 100 percent of the time now that I'm out of my twist...

Ok I was going to post this in Dec. but I see the challenges start early around here (BSL,MBL and WL by 09 have all begun). I am a little pass ear lenght so this is going to be a HUGE GOAL for me but I think I got the tools and education to do it.

My Regimen
I will be getting braids next week so I will be doing the C&W for the entire year. CoWash daily
Megtek every night
emu oil every morning after cowash
Shampoo & DC every Sun

When out of braids follow the same as above but I will be bunning.
Relaxer 2x during the yr.

Rules:
Simple. Just post a starting pic, your regimen, and update every quarter. Jan (starting pic), June,Aug and Dec(the final pic).

So who all is with me???????

I want to join!!!! Thanks for the challenge...I really want to get my hair growing!!
My regi is a work in progress:
Wash w/shampoo 1x/week
Co-wash 1x/week
DC 2x/week
Rollersets
Moisturize & seal daily
Protien treatment every 6 wks
Last touch up10/27/07 - trying my 1st stretch...as long as I can go!
But I dont know how to upload my pic!!!:ohwell: I just changed my avatar...can that be my pic? I took it today!

Let me know if I need to add more info!
HHG!!!

Last edited:
Ok Ladies, my regimine is still developing, but I am a firm believer in keeping it simple. My hair is thick, but fragile. I usually get better results from just being careful and too much manipulation causes breakage so here goes...

Hair Type: 4a/4b Relaxed between SL and APL

Shampoo: 1x/week with Nexxus Therappe until I run out, then I will experiment untill I find a staple.

DC: 1x/week after shampooing with Joico K-Pac or Nexxus Humect., followed by leave-in, wrap lotion.

Styling: Air dry for 1-2 hours, then blow dry the rest on lowest heat setting, flat iron, wrap with satin at night. No flat ironing until next shampoo.

Clarify: As needed only with Pantene Clarifying shampoo.

Protein: As needed only Aphogee 2-minute Recon.

Relaxer: Every 8-10 weeks, hoping to reach every 12 weeks.

Protective Style: Ponytail ( I know it doesn't protect my ends, but it keeps my hair from rubbing against my clothes.)

Misc: Use Roux Porosity Control Cond. as needed. Moisturize and seal with Jojoba oil every other day, or as needed. Drink lot's and lots of water, and increase exercise.

Vitamins: Daily Multivitamin, Omega 3-6-9, and Biotin.

Wish List: Still Developing.

I'm in.. :)

I dunno WHAT length I'm at now.. not quite shoulder but past neck. :scratchch

My reggie:

DC on dry hair with either Motions CPR, ORS Replenish or Aveda Dry Remedy, adding 1 teaspoon of castor oil
Shampoo & Condition w/ Motions Lavish Shampoo & Moisture Plus Conditioner
Leave in of choice + macadamia nut oil or EVCO
Ponytail Rollerset or Dry in braids under the dryer
Flat iron roots as necessary

During the week I wear my hair in a UPA clip with my ends moisturized with Silken Child Moisturizer or Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, sealed with JBCO

I've been using MegaTek the past few weeks for a boost in growth. :yep:

I also workout 4 or more days a week and drink a ton of water each day, and I drink protein shakes and take daily vitamins.

I would like to be added :)

I'm pretty much like kels823....my hair's at that awkward length where I can't quite put a label on it.

My regimen:

-Shampoo and DC every tuesday
-Thursday & Saturday moisturizer and when my MT comes I'll do it on these days plus Monday

As you can see I try to keep things really simple.

Products used:
ORS deep conditioner
Creme of Nature shampoo & conditioner
Castor oil
Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo
Fantasia IC heat protectant for when I flat iron

My hair is always in a bun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back