For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want in! ETA: My start pic is my avatar... APL may only be attained stretched by the end of next year... but we'll see, 'cause sometimes my hair grows real fast

Last edited:
Hey Guys!!!!

Sorry I have not been here in a while. My son got sick and then his twin and finally my hubby. I never get a break. Oh well got to take care of my men when there sick cause they always take care of me.

I can not believe how big this challenge has gotten. Ladies I know we can do this and I am so proud to take this journey with you all, its going to be a very exciting trip.

To keep everyone motivated there will be some very exciting prizes and games. Ladies we have over 12 months to be very viligant in our goals. I KNOW WE CAN DO IT. Keep up the faith and continue to motivate one another.

SouthernStunner

I'm in!!!! I can't remember whether or not I posted my regimen or not. So here's my regimen for the next month (I bought some new products so I'm trying them out to see if they actually work):

OCT 5x a week
cowash 3x a week
DC (moisturizing) 2x a week
moisturize and seal daily
protective styling...wigs
no heat except for on DC days

create

I would like to join. WOW, my first challenge!

I just washed and blow dried my hair. The result is in my new avatar (which I hope appears, if not, someone please help).

My regimen:

Wash/CoWash: 3 times per week
Deep Condition: 2 times per week with 11 en 1 or KeraCare
SAA, Shikakai oil, Lacio Lacio.
Blow dry once every 2-3 months
Relax with Phyto every 9-10 weeks
4Bzzzzz texture
Current Length: Shoulder Length
Goal Length: BSL

I want to join. I can't show pics though due to religious reasons though. It'll still be fun though.

My routine:
-Shampoo 1-2x per week(mostly with Joico Moisture Recovery, but will use Joico Kpak when doing protein treatments and Redken Cleansing Cream when I need to clarify).
-DC twice a week (ORS Replenishing pak, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm)
-Protein treatment 1-2 times per month (that's my normal interval)
-Daily cowash
-leave-in conditioner, sealed with coconut oil

I'm in!!! I'm a newbie to the boards but I've lurked for a while. I've been natural since 9/2005, BC 5/2006. 4A/4B, No chems, no color, NL now.... because I work out alot, I am wearing my hair in a protective bun.

Regimen
- Cowash 2x/week w/ Paul Mitchell's "The Detangler"
- Leave-in conditioner w/ Paul Mitchell's "The Conditioner"
- Sculpt into bun w/ Fantasia IC hair polisher styling gel for color-treated hair or Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
- Daily touch-up ends with Elasta QP mango butter moisturizer
- Deep condition 1x week w/ Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment or ApHogee Treatment for Damaged Hair
Goal length: BSL

I occasionally straighten my hair (maybe once a month) using Mizani's Thermasmooth Smooth Guard and Shine Extender and my trusty Ultra CHI flat iron .... I used to use the shampoo and conditioner but my hair would never hold a curl afterwards...

I straightened my hair last night, so I'll post a *true* starter pic when I wash the Thermasmooth out. I am SO excited about this challenge! :grin:

I want in!!! I'm currently in the MT/OCT challenge as well. My reggie is simple, I shampoo & dc once a week, & cowash 1 to 2 times a week, & apply MT or OCT to scalp nightly. I wear a bun daily. I'll be back to post starting pic.

Ok this is my starting pic.
Oh yeah I also started using Ayuverda products about a week ago.

Attachments

• day 10.jpg
    day 10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm joining too! I want to get some mega-tek in my reggie as well.
Here is my "start". I was TWA last year. I think I'm doing good so far.

100_8387.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in on this Challenge: Here is my regimen. I'll post my start picture in January.

• Wash 1X week (Aveda Dry Remedy)
• Deep Condition w/ every wash (AO HSR, AO GPB, Banana Brulee or Fortifying Hair Masque)
• Moisturize every other day (Oyin Juice and Berries)

• Seal w/ coconut oil
• Moe Gro Oil Scalp massages daily (mornings)
• OCT on scalp daily (evenings)

• Clarify w/ ACV once every 4-6 weeks
• Texlax every 6 months/24 weeks
• Protein treatment with weave take downs and relaxers
• Protective Styles ONLY!!!! (Sew-In Weaves or Half-Wigs)

Plz cn i join? My goal was sl but to reach apl (stretched)by dec nxt yr wud be fab!
My regimen
MT every other day
co wash with inecto coconut oil condish every day.
moisturise with giovani direct leave in.
steam with olive oil treatment every two wks.
im wearing a wig as protective style.
Good luck ladies!

Sign me up!
I am in the bun challenge so add this to it!
From the bun challenge I want to be APL by October 09 ... So this will just add to the motivation

Starting length can be found in my online journal

My regime is:
Take a multi vitamin every morning
I wear a bun everyday
Co-Wash every 3 days
Clarify w/ baking soda once a week
DC and protein once a week
Only brush with Denman while in the shower, add leave in moisturizer, and coconut oil, then bun and go!

Last edited:
Your doing great and I am totally hating right now(in a good way though)

I seem to do everything right(so I think) and my hair just wont grow fully past my neck.

I'm joining too! I want to get some mega-tek in my reggie as well.
Here is my "start". I was TWA last year. I think I'm doing good so far.

100_8387.jpg

id like to join...i currently have damaged sides....and i cut my hair even to just above shoulder length.

i currently co-wash 3 times a week and dc weekly. pantene pro v defense mask
then i air dry or set with rollers and airdry
i ordered mega tek this week so when it arrives ill be using that.

my sides have grown in sooo much i will be taking a 30 day pic next week...i can actually not wear headbands now and not feel insecure.

Hah!! I'm all late, and so forth - this is what I get for not reading a thread, and just reading the title, instead.

Hey ya'll!! I'm SO in.

I'm supposed to be taking a new progress pic around Jan 9th, but I can take it on the first instead (a week won't make THAT much difference) so I can get it cracking!

I don't see my regimen changing much from what I do now:

DCowash with intense moisture Sun/Wed.
Use MT on dry scalp nightly.
Wear protective styles.
Use KiyaFizzle/Ayurvedic cleaners on alternating weekends.

Urm. I'm going to get some Emu Oil to add to my MT - and maybe some OCT, too, but I haven't decided yet.

I would love this!! :yep::yep::grin:

My main word for the challenge is consistency. I know that rollersetting is a great style and health option for my hair. Also, I plan to start letting a professional relax my hair; I really believe that I've been causing damage with self-applications :ohwell:

I think I'll become an every 2-weeker w/ rollersets and a every 2-monther w/ retouches.

Ok ladies I have everyone up to this post so I have added you all to the roster. I am still in braids (has only been 2.5 weeks) and I am missing my hair but what a surprise it will be the first week of Dec. when I take them out and see my new length.

HHG

I know what you are talking about. I have had my cornrows in for about 2 weeks to and everytime I take this wig off I am soooooooo tempted to undo one just so that I can feel my hair. :grin:

I will probably take them out on Sunday to shampoo and dc then redo them on Monday or Tuesday. I like to leave them out for a day or two to give my head a lil rest.

Ok ladies I have everyone up to this post so I have added you all to the roster. I am still in braids (has only been 2.5 weeks) and I am missing my hair but what a surprise it will be the first week of Dec. when I take them out and see my new length.

HHG

I'm in!!
I just got a retouch today and a trim, so I'm in the exact same spot as I was 2 months ago with my last relaxer. But it's healthy and looks great, so I won't complain too much.
I'm neck lenght right now.
My regimine will be wash and dc 2x a week, moisturize 2x daily, relaxers every 8-10 weeks.
I'm so excited. :grin:

Hi,
hope is not too late to join this challenge.
I am currently chin and neck length so my goal is APL in dec 09

plan

personal challange of braids from oct 2008 till dec 2009, with 1 week pass in each 3 months slot.

wash and condition every 2 weeks, overnight deep conditioning once out of braids.

goal to retain at least 7 inches ( from oct 2008- december 2009)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back