For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any ladies stretching at the moment, if so how many weeks post are you, and when are you hoping to hold out for your next retouch?

I'm 11 weeks post and I'm hoping to stretch until December - pray for me, I'm gonna need it!

I'm 12 weeks post right now and can't relax because of an head injury right at my temple... So I'll be stretching for alot longer than I want to. This is normally as far as I try to go...so I'm right along with ya! :pray:

I'm 12 weeks post right now and can't relax because of an head injury right at my temple... So I'll be stretching for alot longer than I want to. This is normally as far as I try to go...so I'm right along with ya! :pray:

Oh gosh, sounds nasty :nono: I hope you're okay?

Good to know I've got some support though - we can do this!! :yep:

Are any ladies stretching at the moment, if so how many weeks post are you, and when are you hoping to hold out for your next retouch?

I'm 11 weeks post and I'm hoping to stretch until December - pray for me, I'm gonna need it! :eek::D

I am only 4 weeks post now but I am stretching for 6 mos. using braids. Good luck

Add me!

This is going to be a stretch for me, but maybe joining the challenge will be a modivator.

I just did a BC in July, I will probably stay in braids most of next year. I will post a starting pic in jan with reg.

Good Luck Ladies!

Im a newbie (well kinda, joined a while ago but havent had the guts to join in!) and would love to join!! Im just below SL (i think) and 12 wks post texturiser, but think il be doing a retouch this thurs. I dont have a set regime as yet but im currently:

• Shampoo and DC once a week (might bump the DC up to twice a wk)
  • Co wash- once a week - fave conditioner is Matrix biolage ultra hydrating balm
  • moisturise - every night with Organics (Africa's best) shea butter & tea tree oil moisturiser.
  • Will start doing protein treatments once a month with CPR
  • Im taking Vitabiotics wellwoman orignal supplements and Biotin (on and off)
  • My mega tek arrived this morning (yay!! read so many good things about it) so will apply this to my scalp daily.
I had lovely just over SL hair but due to poor care (i had previously only had braids and moved to a texturiser so had no idea how to care for my new hair :sad:) most of its broken off so im starting again. But im much more optimistic about my hair since joining LHCF. Ive finally learned how to care for my hair!!

Anyways this post is alot longer than i intended it to be! Im in and looking forward to my own and others success xx

I am only 7 weeks post and I plan on stretching til about 12-16 weeks, if I can hold out that long.

Welcome to the challenge NJ. This will be my 1st challenge as well. GL with your MT, its a keeper.

What part of the UK are you from njerannce, and welcome - I'm new too! :)

ETA: I've just started taking Flaxeed oil. It is supposed to be excellent for the skin and hair - but lord it is VILE! :(

What part of the UK are you from njerannce, and welcome - I'm new too! :)

ETA: I've just started taking Flaxeed oil. It is supposed to be excellent for the skin and hair - but lord it is VILE! :(

Hey, im from Leeds!!! im so up for this challenge. im currently sat typing with my aphrodite conditioning cap on :lachen:

Hey I am in :circle:

I will shampoo and DC twice a week.
scalp message 5 days a week
moisture every day
Trim every 6 months (only when needed)
Roller Sets --- only (Flat Iron at retouch time only at the salon)
Bioten, Vitamin C and Complex B ---- Looking for Flaxseed Oil now
I want to use a growth aid but I am afriad to try Megatek

Here is a photo of me taken last week

Yeah we are on the way to APL baby!:woot::woohoo:

Attachments

• Picture 342.jpg
    Picture 342.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
I am definitely in, I miss my hair, and cant wait to get back to apl.

I have a long way to go. lol

Not sure on the regimen yet, I will come back and edit once I have it down and actually get my hair done.

Count me in also! :) Like I posted in my fotki, I am forever stuck at SL and am having a hard time getting past that hurdle. :( I do bun a lot, co-wash, deep condition, but it seems I can't get past SL. If I could be APL, I would be happy. That's pretty much my goal.

I'm in!
Here's my regimen...
1. Wash and DC 1x per week; mild protein DC every 2 weeks
2. Moisturize every other day
3. Clarify and semi-permanent rinse once a month
4. Relax every 12 weeks
5. Wear protective style everyday (part of the HYH challenge); next year may change it to protective styling during the week and wearing it down on the weekend

Here's my starting pic taken at the end of August. I will update the pic after my relaxer at the end of November.

Hair8-27-08-1.jpg

I'm 11 weeks post and I'm hoping to stretch until December - pray for me, I'm gonna need it! :eek::D

I'm 4 wks post and hoping to relax on December 1st--so 12 weeks. So far so good though.

Hey, im from Leeds!!! im so up for this challenge. im currently sat typing with my aphrodite conditioning cap on :lachen:

Cool :)

I bought the aphro conditioning cap, but it just didn't get hot for me at all, so now it's just sitting in a cupboard growing dust! I ended up buying the aphrodite stand up steamer, which was pricey but fantastic!

I'd like to join this challenge.What do I do?Sign up or something or is this post simply enough?Im currently ear-length and I hope to get sl by next December 2009.My regimen will be cornrows and Parenevue growth creme 2x weekly.Cleanse with witch hazel 2x weekly.REDO CORNROWS EVERY 6-8 WEEKS with one week rest in between. protein treatments during the week rest and relaxers every 3 months.Dut ends of hair after every braid take down.If you guys think this needs to be edited then let me know.If not sl here I come.

Last edited:
i know this isnt directly related to the thread but ive got a question about mega tek. Is it safe to use on your scalp in the lead up to a texturiser/relaxer? As i mentioned i got my mega tek today but plan on doing a retouch on thurs.

i know this isnt directly related to the thread but ive got a question about mega tek. Is it safe to use on your scalp in the lead up to a texturiser/relaxer? As i mentioned i got my mega tek today but plan on doing a retouch on thurs.

You'd have a much better/quicker response asking this question in the OCT/ MT thread...

My goals are: CL by 2/2009, NL bY 6/2009, SL by 10/ 2009, BS 4/2010, APL 12/2010, MB 6/2011, WL 3/2012, TB 3/2012 THE END!!!

i am, i'm like7-9 weeks post now(can't remember, my last relaxer was somtimes in august. i think:ohwell: but i'm planning to stretch to december.

i just ordered my mega tek and HTN products early today, APL here i come lol:woot:!!! i just hope it doesn't take foreva and a day to get here, being that i am n Japan!!:sad:

Oooh, I want in.

Regimen
Wash/Deep Condition/Seal once a week
CoWash on Wednesdays/Seal
Bun with a half wig/fall
Relax every 3-4 months

I am soooooo in after my bad relaxer this weekend

regimen: co x2 week and deep co 1xweek, moisturize every night, prepoo before every co wash and on wash day which will be every saturday. protective style bunning if I can! this is it for now may change later as the weather gets colder.
IMG00040.jpg

IMG00039-1.jpg

Don't worry! I hit NL this past Thursday, until I asked my stylist to cut the back to grow out the layers. What a big mistake!:wallbash::wallbash: So know i am back to EL. I won't worry, because the top os growing out. My goal was about SL August next year. But it may be by Dec. Hopefully, I will be a bit past that legth, Christmas next year!:grin:

Thanks! I kinda regret it too! I told myself I wasn't gonna cut until next year but those layers were driving me crazy!:spinning: As long as we continue healthy hair practices we'll definitely reach our goals! Do you have a set regimen yet?? I still don't know what I'm gonna do yet:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back