For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this isnt directly related to the thread but ive got a question about mega tek. Is it safe to use on your scalp in the lead up to a texturiser/relaxer? As i mentioned i got my mega tek today but plan on doing a retouch on thurs.

I would stop one week prior to the perm and dont start again until you are 1 week post

I'd like to join this challenge.What do I do?Sign up or something or is this post simply enough?Im currently ear-length and I hope to get sl by next December 2009.My regimen will be cornrows and Parenevue growth creme 2x weekly.Cleanse with witch hazel 2x weekly.REDO CORNROWS EVERY 6-8 WEEKS with one week rest in between. protein treatments during the week rest and relaxers every 3 months.Dut ends of hair after every braid take down.If you guys think this needs to be edited then let me know.If not sl here I come.

This post is good enough I will compile all the names and create the official thread NLT 3 Jan

quick question? the stylist who put my relaxer in did not deep condition (this was saturday) I'm wondering if I can do deep condition tomorrow or wednesday? Any advice

Im down!! Is it ok if I post my starting pic in January? It looks like everyone else is posting now:ohwell:

I posted mine because I didn't read the directions :drunk:. The instructions actually said to post your starting pic in January, so I will be posting another one then.

i am so in. I was upset when I didn't make it this year. I know i won't make it. I will post my starting pic BY Jan. I am just going to cowash when i feel like it. DC atleast twice a wk and wash and cond every three days. i might contribute a growth aid in there and I might also get braids but I will let ya'll know when I do that.

i am so in. I was upset when I didn't make it this year. I know i won't make it. I will post my starting pic BY Jan. I am just going to cowash when i feel like it. DC atleast twice a wk and wash and cond every three days. i might contribute a growth aid in there and I might also get braids but I will let ya'll know when I do that.

You have to speak it into existence. Say it with me. "I will be APL by Dec 09. I will be APL by Dec. 09"

Yea Girl, lift yourself up. If whatever you did last year didnt work. Improve it!!! We can do this!!:grin:

I'm having setbacks. . . my hair just isn't doing right. . . and by my hair, I mean me. . . I would post a start picture. . . but it is the same place I was last year with is pretty embarressing. . . so yeah, I am all over this one. lol count me. . .

I'm in!!!

My current length is about chin level. I will post a start length pic in november when I get my hair pressed. My regimine will be to co wash about 4 times a week and to use mega tek 4 times a week.

i thought i already joined but apparently not...so im joining!!! and im hopin for SL by Dec 08 Full SL by April 09 which will b my one yr nappiversary and shooting for APL by Dec 09 if not sooner.....regi in fotki and current length in siggy well a few weeks ago which is pretty much current....lets go ladies!!!!!

I'm still working out my regimen. In the mean time I have joined another challenge that I think will help me achieve this lofty goal. I have joined the OCT/Mega Tek challenge. I will use the OCT pack twice a week, oil my scalp with Boundless Tresses, and seal some days with the Vatika coconut oil. When I do a roller set or want a slicked back do, I will use Hairveda's Whipped Gelly. I just discovered this and had really good results.

Ok, I thought I already joined this challenge but I guess I didn't. I'm in!

Attachments

• Hairjourney.jpg
    Hairjourney.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 13
I am going to MT daily as a cowash in btwn stretches.
poo every 3-7days.
LTR as moisturizer
coocnut oil or Luster Pink Lotion to seal

I know I'm all late but count me in too. Currently in braids till spring time but will post a starting length in November before my next set. Measuring just at the ear so APL by next December will be a serious challenge for me. Haven't figured out a reggie yet but I will by January. I'm up for the challenge!!!

--Nyeema

Ok I was going to post this in Dec. but I see the challenges start early around here (BSL,MBL and WL by 09 have all begun). I am a little pass ear lenght so this is going to be a HUGE GOAL for me but I think I got the tools and education to do it.

My Regimen
I will be getting braids next week so I will be doing the C&W for the entire year. CoWash daily
Megtek every night
emu oil every morning after cowash
Shampoo & DC every Sun

When out of braids follow the same as above but I will be bunning.
Relaxer 2x during the yr.

Rules:
Simple. Just post a starting pic, your regimen, and update every quarter. Jan (starting pic), June,Aug and Dec(the final pic).

So who all is with me???????

I'm with you. I'll post pics tonight if I can. Our wireless router is screwing with my emotions. My husband's laptop is the only one working and he's all like 'mine, mine, mine'. Boobyhead husband.:cry3:

I'm thinking about joining. I'm currently in the Hide Your Hair til' Dec 31. 08 Challenge so I'll decide after that challenge is over.

I'm in but I'm going to go for shoulder length by Dec 09 ad if I get APL instead then great :grin:

I'm in braids right now so I'll post pictures when i take them out by Dec 08, but right now it's only about an inch or so.

Thanks! I kinda regret it too! I told myself I wasn't gonna cut until next year but those layers were driving me crazy!:spinning: As long as we continue healthy hair practices we'll definitely reach our goals! Do you have a set regimen yet?? I still don't know what I'm gonna do yet:sad:
I am currently in cornrows, and applying MT to my scalp. I wear half wigs on top of my cornrows. Also I apply moisture to them daily. I want to get braids or sew ins, but they are expensive:nono:. But so far so good! What are you going to do as a regime?

I'm in it to win it.Count me in.:grin:

Current regi

Protective styling
Cowash 3-4 times a week
Pre-poo 2-3 times a week
Moisturize daily
No true consistency with products but growth aids are:
MTG,OCT and Modiflan Seaweed Capsules

Currently awaiting my MN and MT in the mail

Just got some Cantu and EMUw/Shea Butter in the mail. Hopefully I'll pull it together one day.:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back