For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow. My hair will be in a bun. Its funny cause my family seem like they are upset cause im not wearing my hair down. I told them im on a mission. So a bun is all they going to see. Then they was like, you have that long, thick, healthy hair and not wear it. I tried to keep from smiling. But those compliment is the reason my bun will continue.

Im thinking about DC twice a week now. Along with co washing once a week as well.

So thats whats going on with me right now. Can't wait till me Hairveda stuff get here. The moisturizing protein conditioner sounds heavenly.

My reggie is:

Wash- CON (Old version-green top) every two weeks or when hair needed, however no earlier then 2 weeks

Co wash- Once/twice a week: Palmers Olive Oil Conditioner, V05 Strawberries & Cream Moisture Milk Conditioner, Shescentit Advocado Conditioner, Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner- I use any one of these depending on how my hair feeling.

Deep Conditioning- Once/Twice a week: ORS Replenish Pak with Shescentit Olive & Orange Conditioner, Shescentit Bannana Brulle. Use with heat, the soft bonnet conditioner cap.

Hair moisturizer-ORS Olive Oil creme, Palmers Hair Milk, Paul Mitchel Original Conditioner.
I moisturize my ends everyday sometimes twice a day.

Hair Oil- Vatika Frosting

Vits- Flaxseed Oil, GNC Hair, Skin, Nail pills. Garlic Pills. GNC Ultra Mega Women Vitamin.

I relax every 8 weeks.

I bun 5 of 7 days. I don't use direct heat 4 weeks after a fresh relaxer. I go to my hairdresser when im 5-8 weeks post, for her to flat iron-Which is once a week until its time to relax. So 3 times in two months i use heat(flatiron).

My starting pic is below.

YEAH!! this is a hot thread please count me in! My hair is about an inch longer than my avatar pic. I will be rocking rollersets, braid outs, twist outs and over course flexi rods ( im actually under the dryer right now setting my flexis :grin:). I use aveda,pantene,aloe vera,eq butter,olive oil, ors, and optimun products. We can do this ladies!! :lachen:

I'm so in too. Arm Pit Length has been my cerebreal goal. I will post pics later when I am not being so lazy. But, my hair is like a little beneath chin in the front, sides possible collar bone or neck, and back is inch or 2 beneath neck. I don't have any pictures to completely depict this yet.

My regimen will consist of deep conditioning and weekly low heat tension blow outs.

Last edited:
I am definitely in. My hair needs to get longer and thicker for '09. I am gonna research some new products. I m currently using Redken all soft. This was good before but now that it's pretty much winter I need something even more moisturizing.

1. I will be moisturizing with Dove moisture mist and sealing with Keracare creme moisturizer.
2.Deep condition once a week
3. Air dry roller set and limit the use of flat iron to once month
4. I am currently taking centrum but I want to add a hair supplement
I will post a pic along with a more solid regime once I figure out the products I am gonna go shopping this weekend.

What the heck...I may as well join this challenge being that I joined the BSL by Dec 09 challenge as well (I'm thinking positively)

My Regimen is simple:

*Wash once a week with either KeraCare Detangling Shampoo or Aveda Damage Remedy
*Deep condition with either KeraCare Humecto or Aveda Damage Remedy
*Rollerset after wash

I'm in!
I'm at shoulder length. My regi is washing every 2-5 days (depending on how much snow's on the ground), deep conditioning EVERY wash, no heat 'cept for special occasions and length checks. Protective styles. I'll try to get my starting pic posted somewhere...lol

I'm in!
I'm at shoulder length. My regi is washing every 2-5 days (depending on how much snow's on the ground), deep conditioning EVERY wash, no heat 'cept for special occasions and length checks. Protective styles. I'll try to get my starting pic posted somewhere...lol

There will be an official thread started in late December or early January. I believe she said Jan 3rd somewhere in this thread. You will post your starting pic in there.

I'd like to join too, I'm currently neck length in back when straight.
My regime:
co-wash and deep condition once a week
mega tek nightly
biotin
vitamins

Please count me in too!!! I hope I can make it to APL, heck full SL would even do.

Regimen:
Wash and deep condition with protein 2x week
Co-wash daily/ every other day
Moisturize with S-Curl
Currently using Megatek on Scalp.

Wish me Luck!!

I have already signed up to this challenge. I can't post my starting pic until maybe the second week of Jan when I take out my sew-in.

Good Luck ladies. I have about 3inches now, so this may be a little ambitious for me, but I am thinking positively:grin:

count me in, Im very excited and i cant wait, APL is soo attainable (i believe) in a year for me, but it's going to take alot of hard work on length retention for me to do it! im ready!

okay, so i'll post where im at now and my starting pics in Jan.

My regime has changed alot in the past year, i really dont know what my length "technically" is because i have major layers. I really want to grow them out. My goal is full APL length by the end of this challenge

My regime:
1)Wash every 2 or 3 days, depending on the amount of products i add, followed immediately by a moisterizing Deep Conditioner with a hooded dryer for heat penetration

2)Instant Conditioner leave in (usually moisterizing)

3)water-based moisterizer (s-curl...my hair needs alot of moisture because of my color damage) I moisterized 2x's a day, in the morning and at night

4)seal ends with oil (either coconut or EVOO)

I clarify once a month, and use a protein treatment every 6 to 8 weeks, sometimes i switch my shampoos/deep conditioners with protein based products, but that really just depends on what my hair feels like

at night i apply MT to my scalp only, when i finish that bottle im moving on to OCT because i've heard it lengthens faster, I baggie my ends at night and during the day when i twist my hair up with a pretty clip to cover the bag. Im doing all proctective styles for this challenge (buns, phony ponys, puffs, twists, or just pulled back and clipped). Length retention is my weakness.

Im really excited for this challenge, and i am loving all the support from everyone. Lets reach APL together ladies!

Oh yeah, and im going to need the encouragement, cos i love to flat iron my hair which totally wrecks havoc later, thinking about giving it to a friend to keep til the quarter is up for length checks

sorry if this post was terribly long:perplexed

Attachments

• curly puff.jpg
    curly puff.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
  • lengthcheck 1.jpg
    lengthcheck 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
  • lengthcheck 2.jpg
    lengthcheck 2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 4
  • lengthcheck 3.jpg
    lengthcheck 3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
Im in... My current length is in my avatar. My hair thrives from keeping it simple. I've had long hair, bobs, and even went natural for a short time. My goal is APL by next Dec.:yep:

Regimen:

Wash and deep condition 1 - 2x per week
moisturize my ends daily
every other night scalp massages with neem oil
sleep with 100% silk scarf

Definitely in now. Cant post pic until Feb09 but I am NL now. I have cornrows at the moment and want to continue with the CG method and sew-ins throughtout the year. Still tweaking my regimen for my braids right now.

Im in!

My regimen:
-Megatek every other day.
-daily co-wash.
-moisturize with strawberries and cream by vo5
-seal with coconut oil mostly. every once in awhile i'll use castor or evoo.
-dry deep condition with AO honeysuckle rose or pantene R&N mask.
-clarify with suave every week and a half or so.
-hot oil treatments every time i clarify.
-direct heat once a month

Yeah I know it seems like im there already, but my hair is so thin and see-through. Im hoping it will take about a year to gain the thickness that I want.
DSC03536-vi.jpg

Ok, I guess I'll join. I have to update my Fotki in Jan anyways so I'll post my starting pic and current regimen at that time. I had another trim since my Oct updates but not a lot was trimmed. This thread is really long :drunk: That means the results thread at the end will be amazing. :yep:

I want to join too and created a Piki Strip especially for this challenge and put it it in my signature

Currently: Barely SL
Hair Type: Relaxed 4a-4b (guessing)
Current Regimen:
Co-Wash 2-3x per week: VO5/Strinillah
DC once a week Unless Using Megatek/Ovation
Shampoo and Clarify Once a month
No Trims just S&D
Air Dry
Daily Moisturize Hair and Specifically Ends with NTM/Whipped Cream etc
Seal With Cocasta Shikakai Oil/ Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Grapeseed Oil (Basically have alot of oils in stash to use)/Rosewater/Glycerin/Honeyquat/Hot Six Oil etc
Use Periodically Bee Mine Serum/Megatek/Ovation/Surge
Relax every 3 months with Mizani ButterBlends (last Relaxer Beg. Nov)
No Direct Heat
Protective Styles: Sew-In/Wigs/Braids (Maybe)
Vitamins: Biotin/Lots of Water

Hope to be consistent.......:perplexed

Im in. Took the pic in my sig. last week. please excuse the white-out on my back to mark my growth. I have been hiding my hair in these platts until December for about 2 or 3 months

I would like to join.

REGIMEN

I texturize 2-3 times a year. My last stretch was 16 weeks (June-October). My starting pic was taken last week.

- Co Wash 2-3 times a week: Joico Silk Result, Joico Moisture Recovery, PM
- Leave In: Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
- Moisture: Curl Activator (World of Curls)
- Styler: Fantasia IC Gel, Aveda Brilliant, Aveda Universal Styling Gel
- Wear a satin can to bed - spritz my hair on days when I do not co-wash

- Shampoo 2x per month (Nexxus, Abba, Nature's Gate)
- DC: 1-2x per week (Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Aveda DR, Joico MR Treatment

Attachments

• APL Challenge Nov 08.jpg
    APL Challenge Nov 08.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
I am interested in joining this challenge. My current length is in my siggy ~ I do not have a regimen yet.

OMG I want to be able to bun so bad its not even funny...but alas my hair is still not able to bun even with a fake bun. My aunt is visiting so I asked her to rollerset my hair for me, i feel like she ripped my hair out, there was soooo much hair in the comb! and she said I had PEAS..YALL CAN IMAGINE MY FACE. never again. my roots were feeling nice,

i did a honey and cond--prepoo
washed with cream of nature,
did a deep con with keracare humecto
leave in with NTM and sealed with EVOO

there was no reason she had to tear my hair out...

i wonder how far she set me back

also i have been having a lot of breakage...what do you guys think?

and when do we post starting pics?

Last edited:
I'm in ladies. I'll post a first pic soon.

Currently: Just shy of SL
Hair Type: Relaxed 4a-4b
Current Regimen:
Co-wash 2x per week
DC once a week
Pre-poo: EVOO and Black Castor Oil
Moisturizing with JS Nourish and Shine
Vitamins: Daily Multi-vitamin, Vitamin Shoppe's Hair Skin and Nails, Nature Made Odorless Garlic Supplements

I'm in too. APL by Dec 09 is 3 months ahead of my plan so this challenge will be a great motivator to keep me disciplined. My end of Dec reveal for the MegaTek/OCT Challenge will be my starting pic for this challenge.

Last edited:
I would love to join too! I'm still new to this, so I haven't gotten the chance to get a solid regimen together.

I would say that my hair is almost SL???
I'm assuming that my hair type is 4a/b...:)
So far the regimen that I may go for will be to Co-wash once a week with V05 Con. Shampoo once a week with Aubrey Organics or CON (green)
DC once a week with ORS Replenishing Pak
Hmmmm..I think that's it for now! :) This will be fun!

Edited to add - My starting pic is in my siggy labeled Dec 1, 2008.

Last edited:

SIGN ME UP!!!!I REALLY need this challenge b/c my hair is not growing the way it should be. Basically, I need professional help b/c my hair has always grown when I regularly went to a beautician.

Regimine:
ON :cornrows/braids w/ extentions 1-2months.
spritz scalp w/ aloe juice, H20
spritz hair/braids w/ vegt glycerin, leave in conc & oil (undetermined type)
deep conc hair weekly &co wash 2x/week.

OFF: 2 weeks professional press & curl, then back to braids.

Hair type:natural 4a/b
Length: almost SL

Goal by Dec 09: Full APL stregthed

I believe this challenge will motivate me to care for my hair on a regular basis. I will post a pic soemtime in Jan 2009 b/c my hair broke off sicne the last pic I took.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back